IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Watched two of the worst movies I've seen recently.

Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler - Double Bogey - awful movie.  Holy cow, there were enough F-Bombs to choke a horse.  

But the movie that was even worse than that was...

The Boss with Melissa McCarthy - QUAD - Horrible is an understatement.  Might be the worst movie I've ever seen, 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler - Double Bogey - awful movie.  Holy cow, there were enough F-Bombs to choke a horse.  

The Boss with Melissa McCarthy - QUAD - Horrible is an understatement.  Might be the worst movie I've ever seen, 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.  

What is it about us human beings wanting to watch a train wrek?  Now I want to see both of these :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

15 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

What is it about us human beings wanting to watch a train wrek?  Now I want to see both of these :)

I should revise, that's 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.  Watched them both back to back.  Ugh!  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

3 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

If these are 2 of the worst movies you've ever seen then you have some absolutely incredible luck in picking movies to watch imo.

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 0:19 AM, Strandly said:

Yeah I went to Jason Bourne yesterday and I can easily say I've seen that movie 50 times before; absolutely nothing original in it what-so-ever.  It wasn't bad by any means though, I give it a par.

Went to the new Ghostbusters today and it was as bad as I was expecting.  Special effects were excellent but it was just not funny at all.  Bogey.

I went to Bourne movie last week.  I actually liked it.  It certainly wasn't as good as the first 3, but it was worth seeing.  Sequels are rarely as good as the original, so maybe I liked it because my expectations were not as high.

The wife and I went and saw Suicide Squad today.  Overall I like it even though the story was a little disjointed.  Will Smith was good as Deadshot but Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn stole the show.  She's the perfect amount of crazy and beautiful.  I thought Jared Leto was a decent Joker even though he wasn't a huge part of the movie.  It will be interesting to see how (or if) DC has Justice League and Suicide Squad in a movie together.

Margot Robbie is hotter than the surface of the sun....

On 7/3/2016 at 5:08 AM, nevets88 said:

Midnight Special - birdie. Love low budget high concept scifi. 

That's on my list. I love Michael Shannon

Colin P.

This is a teeny tiny Suicide Squad spoiler, but when listing the achievements of a member of the squad, one of them was: 2 handicap in golf.

In one of the Ocean's Eleven movies, the bad guy gives a monologue, I'm rich, I'm powerful, I'm a 2 handicap.

What is Hollywood's fascination with golf? Does having a low handicap grant you some kind of special power? Or execs just love golf? Those two instances just seem silly to me and guessing even sillier to a nongolfer.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

What is Hollywood's fascination with golf? Does having a low handicap grant you some kind of special power? Or execs just love golf? Those two instances just seem silly to me and guessing even sillier to a nongolfer.

More specifically, why do they like a handicap of 2? It seems like saying they're a scratch golfer would be easier. 

As to why they do it, I guess it's just a little tiny to do to show that a character might have diverse interests or the time/ability/talent to play a sport fairly well. The ocean eleven one seems to me like the guy is just bragging about how much free time he has to play golf (a sport viewed by many as for the rich). I don't know about the suicide squad context.

Watched "The Colony" yesterday on Netflix - Lawrence Fishburne, Bill Paxton

Have a Samsung Smart TV with Netflix already loaded, which is awesome.

Bogey

I'm typically a sucker for these types of movies, I'm good with suspending disbelief about most of them and the first half of the movie gave me high hopes.  But once the big menace of the movie showed up (see spoiler below), it went downhill faster than Lindsay Vonn on ski's.  Too many, huh's and how'd they do that and what idiots the non-villains are.  And the big finale to the fight was Meh!    

Spoiler

Cannibals instead of zombies, vampires, etc..

14 hours ago, colin007 said:

Margot Robbie is hotter than the surface of the sun....

That's on my list. I love Michael Shannon

Margot Robbie.  :beer:

-Jerry

Anyone else, besides me, looking forward to the Stephen King "IT" remake?  

Pennywise the Clown

pennywise-ew-00054120_612x380.jpg

itpennywisefull.jpg

-Jerry

8 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Anyone else, besides me, looking forward to the Stephen King "IT" remake?  

Pennywise the Clown

pennywise-ew-00054120_612x380.jpg

itpennywisefull.jpg

Yes and no... I love Stephen King stories, however movies rarely live up to what I have in my head when it comes to stories I read.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Just now, Jeremie Boop said:

Yes and no... I love Stephen King stories, however movies rarely live up to what I have in my head when it comes to stories I read.

I hope they do the story justice, probably my all-time favorite King novel.  

-Jerry

We saw Bad Moms. Typical comedy for the day but funny

We also had time to see Suicide Squad. It was rushed, they did focus on Deadshot too much (I am sure Mr. smiths agent said this is Mr. smiths movie) but even still it was entertaining. Did I mention it had Margot Robbie in a hot getup playing a crazy bad girl?  It had Margot Robbie playing a crazy bad girl. She went from hot to smoking hot in my eyes. It was worth seeing. 

This is nothing like the short story AFAIK, but that's okay. Yay, science fiction. Movies this year have been totally disappointing. One of the few I'm really looking forward to.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Saw "Sausage Party" with the wife last night.

Bogey. And I knew exactly what I was getting into… and it still disappointed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

The Lobster.

Rated really well, and I am going to give it… a triple bogey.

W.

T.

F?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, iacas said:

The Lobster.

Rated really well, and I am going to give it… a triple bogey.

W.

T.

F?

LOL. I can see why. It is one strange movie.

Steve