IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

2016 movie trailer mashup

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm tired of cop buddy movies but this I might watch on demand

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

For some reason, La La Land isn't showing in Erie, PA.

https://www.cinemark.com/pennsylvania/tinseltown-usa

Why?

Oh, select cities on December 9th, and everywhere on Christmas? Okay. :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Why?

http://tickets.lalaland.movie/coming-soon/

Steve

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Why?

In Pennsylvania,  the movie is called PA PA Land:-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

We aren't in that list either.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

We aren't in that list either.

Rats. I think I read somewhere it'll go wider next year.

Steve

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Rats. I think I read somewhere it'll go wider next year.

Yeah, I just don't understand why the "movie of the year candidate" is not coming to a 17-screen movie theater that gets every other movie.

Manchester by the Sea, birdie. Really, really enjoyed it. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

If you are a fan of Dazed and Confused, then you'll probably like Everybody Wants Some!! 

For a while, I wondered where the hell exactly this story was going, and often times found myself questioning why this thing even needed to exist. For long stretches it felt like Dazed and Confused Light, and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to give it a thumbs up in the end. But it somehow won me over in its final few scenes, and did a good job of justifying itself just before the credits rolled. 

It's full of nostalgia for college and youth, but not in a totally tacky way. I enjoyed the blind cockiness and exuberance of the characters, and for a couple hours was whisked away to a simpler time. I'll give it a birdie. Good times.

I also recently saw Passengers, which is a Sci-Fi movie getting horrible reviews. I quite enjoyed it though, as I'm a sucker for stories where the characters are stranded somewhere. I'm not sure I'd recommend it to anyone because the reviews have it pegged at 30%, but I really did dig the two-character story. It got cheesy at the end with way too many "Hollywood" dialogue, but there was a decent story jammed in there somewhere nonetheless. I'll give a par, but I could see people giving it a double just as easily. 

Constantine

Tracks on US Netflix. Found this serendipitously movie surfing. It's kind of like The Way w/Martin Sheen. A woman crosses the Australian desert on foot to excise inner demons. It's slow paced but beautiful cinematography and very good for decompressing. Birdie. Adam Driver, he has played such a wide variety of roles, one those charmed few who always seems to find work in all sorts of interesting places. 

Steve

Such amazing music came from or used by movies this year:

Moana (Lin-Manuel Miranda, what a talent) - eagle

Sing Street - birdie

La La Land - albatross

Arrival - eagle

Moonlight: eagle

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - birdie

Kubo and the Two Strings: birdie:

Steve

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Such amazing music came from or used by movies this year:

Moana (Lin-Manuel Miranda, what a talent) - eagle

I just recently heard he had a hand in the making of Moana. 

I am pumped about this bit of news, 

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/29/13779242/lin-manuel-miranda-lionsgate-kingkiller-chronicle-patrick-rothfuss

I'm a huge fan of the Kingkiller Chronicles. I am glad that Lin-Manuel wants to get involved in the process of bringing the Kingkiller Chronicles from the books to the screen and broadway. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, birdie.

The Band Wagon, birdie.

Steve

I have to admit I was somewhat disappointed by Rogue One, so I'd give it a weak par that barely caught the edge.

It seemed to me like they intended for you to become attached to the characters, but never really fully managed to do so before the ending. Quasi-jedi dude was a bit odd to me, and his friend had a rather "forced" change of heart near the ending it seemed that ultimately changed nothing. 

The best part of the movie, in my opinion, was the very ending where it was setting up the events immediately prior to A New Hope, but I swear I wanted to smack the first guy who held the chip silly. Took him so long to pass it off that it was just dumb.

I also saw Passengers, and I'd probably give that a Par that lipped out for birdie. I'm not sure why reviews of it have been so harsh. It certainly wasn't a bad movie, and I think it nailed the intended feeling of being completely alone while also surrounded by others. I also have an irrational fear of being stranded, though, so I may have gotten more from the movie compared to others who lack that. The explanation of why it was all happening was unrealistic, but they're in a spaceship going half the speed of light so I can't really complain there. 

Don't Think Twice - Par. Movie about an improve group in NYC. Even though it is about comedy, it is a decent drama. Acting was excellent.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave