IGNORED

What's Your Putter Setup

Note: This thread is 3788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have three putters that I have kept (and few that have been dismissed). Currently... (1) Odyssey White Hot #2 w/ Black Widow Signature mid-sized grip / 30". Solid flat stick that was in the bag for years. Can't part with this one - a Valentines Day gift from my wife! It rolls true and might come back into the bag this spring. (2) Carbite Polar Balanced DC w/ Tiger Shark over-sized grip / 31". This is the current bag winner. It was a belly putter I found at a garage sale for $5.00, cut it down to 31" and put a Tiger Shark grip on it. I'm not really sure if cutting it down affected the shaft stiffness or not, but it feels firm and I've really gotten into a groove with the way it is set up sinking 15 footers easily. (3) STX 9750 w/ Winn PCi Lite Triple Line Jumbo grip / 32". "Mr. Softy" Combine the Soft Face Insert Technology and the Winn Jumbo grip and this stick has cloud light feel - great for super slick fast greens.

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

• Administrator

I have one putter that I've had for years and that I will have for years and decades to come.

It seems like a waste of money, time, and energy to have more than one putter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Upgraded after 7 years with the white hot 2 ball putter. I wasn't confident with that putter and was not making enough putts to be happy wit it. Bought a TM White smoke putter wothout even testing it and loved it straight away. For me feel is not that important with a putter the really nice looks of the white putter just gives me more confidence in making 6-12 foot putts. I have never putted better before and wont be changing again for a long time.

callaway.gif X Hot Driver 11.5*

ping.gif G20 3 Wood

ping.gif G20 3 and 4 Hybrid

ping.gif G20 Irons

titleist.gif Vokey SM4 60*

taylormade.gif White Smoke Putter

Unlike Iacas, I am a putter Ho! This year I have been using a Rife IBF black @35" I have the putter set at 73* and 5* of loft (I stand close to ball with high hands and therefore I use an upright putter)  I forward press, so 5* loft become about 2* at impact.

I have been using a 42" Dynacraft Branding Iron since 1988, but stopped using it this year to comply with new rule of not anchoring putter,I use it like a broomstick putter, not a belly putter. ,  Left hand on top with thumb on end cap  Right hnd is split and I hold putter with 2 fingers on each side and the grip on my life line. I use long grip with flat side facing hole.

I buy any putter on eBay I think I might like and sell it back on ebay if I don't like it.  Very few make it to the golf course and then they don't last long!  I like the Ping Anser look, as I used one in the 60's and early 70"s,  I also used an original Anrold Plamer by Wilson  from middle 70's to late 80's..  Stopped using when I started teaching at a range and not practicing putting everyday.

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

My putter set-up is changing soon -- just got fit for a putter (should arrive at the end of the week). My hope is that the new putter will be my one-and-only for years and years to come.

...sort of.

I currently have four putters: the putter that came with the Top-Flite set I bought when I was first starting a few years ago, a Hogan/Bettinardi putter I currently use, and two el-cheapo's that I keep in CA (I have two full bags in CA so I don't have to fly with clubs when I visit my family).

Cleveland Classic HB #10 33" with a Superstroke Ultra-Slim 1.0 grip.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Scotty Cameron Newport Beach, 35.5", 5 deg loft, 68 lie.  Bought it used on e-bay for $95 and had it adjusted by a fitter.  I do have two other putter with the same set up Ping Redwood Anser (my son uses) and a Mizuno/Bettanardi BC6.  I have only used the Scotty for the last year and a half.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

After a few SC that I just could not get to work for me, I only have the one Ping Greyhawk that i love. I just don't see a need for more then one at this point, I had to get used to her and we seem to get along very well.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Nike Method Core 3i (CS mini-mallet)

Odyssey DF Rossie II Bronze

Dunlop Hexsert #9

Acuity DN2 (offset mini-mallet)

All 33" and I like to think the Nike is the best because I paid the most for it.

Nike Method Core 3i (CS mini-mallet) Odyssey DF Rossie II Bronze Dunlop Hexsert #9 Acuity DN2 (offset mini-mallet) All 33" and I like to think the Nike is the best because I paid the most for it.

I think the Nike Method certainly looks the best.

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

This past year I was fitted with a Ping Karsten 1959.  It is 34" and has 1º loft.   My putting has improved immensely this year.    But in all fairness to the putter and myself, I have put a great amount of time into putting this year.  My average has dropped from 38 putts per round to 30!  It is now one of the strongest parts of my game.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I've been rolling the same Never Compromise Milled Series #5 for about 10 years.  I use an oversized Golf Pride chord grip.  I'm not sure of the name, but I've been using the same style grip for at least 20 years.  I don't like to change up putters.  The NC is heavy, two tone and has a very pure feel.  A classic setup that suits my eye.  I'm not sure how much offset, loft or the lie angle.  I am contemplating an Edel fitting session this Friday.  I'm thinking it may be time for a change and if I do, I want custom and professionally fitted.

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

I have one putter that I've had for years and that I will have for years and decades to come.

It seems like a waste of money, time, and energy to have more than one putter.

May I ask which is your weapon of choice?

• Administrator

May I ask which is your weapon of choice?

Sure:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like the odysey #9(Phil's putter) but lately I been finding that it runs too quickly on fast putting surfaces. However it feel good on shaggy greens.

I currently experimenting with those funny putters with a pumbler's neck design, seem to be able to control the roll on fast surfaces better.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Wishon S2R Series, model 5 head with a single bend shaft, 5 degrees of loft, 33" length.  My one and only putter.  I'll replace every other club in the bag before I take this one out!

Bettinardi BC2 shortened to 32" and with a grip weight in the end to counter-balance it. It was my weapon of choice for a long, long time until I recently changed my putting stroke and now it's too short and the barn-door on it is too much for the stroke I'm using. I've now moved back to my Ping 1/2 WackE which is center shafted and face-balanced and much more suited to the Runyan putting style.

There used to be an Edel fitter in the UK I thought about visiting but apparently he's not there any more and the only place in the US I visit yearly is Philly which is about 7 hours from @iacas or I'd think about getting fitted there. Seems I'm stuck with 'standard' (but by no means bad) putters for a while. ;)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Note: This thread is 3788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!