IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

I have hit 300 yards quite a few times but that was with a 3 wood i had which had a titanium face on it and i loved it could use it really well but the head flew off it the other day and now ive been using my fathers titilest r47( or something to that effect dont know the exact model) driver with a huge head but i can hardly hit it 250 now and cant hit it straight at all. went to pro shop the other day to see about a new shaft for my 3wood and the man said that it wasnt worth my while putting a shaft on it as any club at all now was better than it.

Driver: Callaway Hyper X Tour
5 Wood: Ping G5
Irons: Cobra fp 4-SW
Bag: Powakaddy
Ball: Srixon soft feel

I have hit 300 yards quite a few times but that was with a 3 wood

You're a 28 handicapper and you hit a

3-WOOD 300 yards "quite a few times"? Good for you - that's the same as Tiger's driver average! Sherpat walks away whistling.....

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

I dont know what my handicap is i only put that in. And i can hit a ball far but i cant hit it straight. My drives can go anywhere so ive sort of given up on them and stickin to my 6 iron at the min.

Driver: Callaway Hyper X Tour
5 Wood: Ping G5
Irons: Cobra fp 4-SW
Bag: Powakaddy
Ball: Srixon soft feel

I have hit 300 yards quite a few times but that was with a 3 wood i had which had a titanium face on it and i loved it could use it really well but the head flew off it the other day and now ive been using my fathers titilest r47( or something to that effect dont know the exact model) driver with a huge head but i can hardly hit it 250 now and cant hit it straight at all. went to pro shop the other day to see about a new shaft for my 3wood and the man said that it wasnt worth my while putting a shaft on it as any club at all now was better than it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this poll was questioned on Average Drive Distance. I dont think a few times is average. But good job anyways on hitting 300 yards with a 3 wood.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

220, but im 15, 5'3, 110lbs

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

220, but im 15, 5'3, 110lbs

keep practicing. when i was a kid 5th grade i was able to make good contact and my swing was smooth (200 w/ driver). Than i stopped cause i wanted to try out hockey and other sports. i just recently started playing again. I'm 24 about 5'8 130lbs i average 270 yards w/ my driver. i usually out drive people i'm paired up w/ but anyone can bomb it. its all about distance control, accuracy,consistancy and your short game.

advice for you cobra.... play for the love of the game, then you'll never get sick of it but if you are looking to play competitively. than don't stop playing and practicing, your still at the age where it is much easier to learn new concepts and use them. good luck

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Its hard to figure an average. I am a bomber (like I have said on other topics like this). I have competed nationally in driving contests using USGA conforming drivers and I have hit drives 320+ on lots of occasions in those competitions. I just won the long drive in a tournament two weeks ago with a drive they measured at 362yards. That being said, I do live at altitude.
This thread is about driver distance, and you cannot compare it to the PGA tour driving distance statistic. Driving distance is compiled using just two holes at every event. If the player decides to hit 3 wood on that hole or 3 iron for that matter that distance is averaged in. So basically, Bubba Watson probably hits his driver farther than a 316 yard average.
So, at sea level I probably average around 315-320 so I voted 286-320.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 18 today at a new to me course. I kept track of my drives along with help from my 2 playing partners. My average carry ended up being approximately 226 yds, I don't count roll because that could change day to day not to mention from hole to hole. best thing was the vast majority of mine were straight dwon the fairway & the ones that weren't ended up being just off the fairway on the left side by maybe a foot or two.

One of the guys I was with could bomb them pretty good but damn it looked like he was just about going to hurt himself with the follow through.
His longest was just inside 270 & he said that was probably a record for himself.

I just don't see how anyone could claim to be hitting 300+ on average.....& I won't even bother mentioning that 300+ 3 wood dealio.

I don't understand why you'd make the option 201-260. There's a HUGE difference from 201 to 260? Come on. I mean, It should be more like 201-230, then 231-260...that makes a little more sense.

Anyway my average drive is probably 240...I can get it up there 260 SOMETIMES but usually my highest pop is 250.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'm trying to get used to playing again while using a new set of clubs. At the range my average was 200 yards. Last time I went it was 260. With more then a few at 275 and about 3 that bounced beside the 300 yard rock. These were straight which made me really happy.

At Golftown the other day I was testing some drivers on the computer and had an average of about 225 overall. I was hitting the Hibore 240.

The next day I spent an hour testing more drivers and increased it to about a 260 average. I had lots in the 275 range and about 5 just over 280 with the longest being 282.

With all that being said I picked 201 - 260 yards. I'm about 201-240 most times on the couse. My fairway shots were about 250+ today. The only problem was that was about 4 shots. If they would put the greens in the woods then I could use the 280+ long drives in the woods.

James

In the bag

Encore 10.5° 500cc
Encore 15°
Encore 18° Encore Irons 5-pw Encore hybirds 3 and 4 TearDrop TD Select 411 putter Glove All weather glove

i usually get about 220-230 carry.. so i end up around 230-240 on average
best has probably been around 260
I'm really looking to work up my yardage =/ i'm such a short hitter compared to a lot of the people i play with

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

I can hit my 3 wood farther than my driver. And it is usually pretty straight. I don't even use my driver anymore. I slice the shit out of everything. I'd say that when my driver does go straight at the range it is around 220ish. I'd still rather tee off with my hybrid or a 3.

My average has slowly climbed since taking lessons and correcting some flaws in my swing. On a good day I hit 245-265 with roll. But as you said on average I'm probably right at 240-245. I'm pretty happy with that considering my size/time playing golf. The courses I play at aren't terribly long (par 5's are like 520ish) so i get away with my drives if their straight.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

I consistently hit it 260-280ish, but if I'm not "feeling it," I'll slow it down so I hit 220-240. My best drive was 325 smack dab in the middle of the fairway. I was feeling very limber that day and had a nice wind-up which caused tremendous torque.

It's hard to say who's telling the truth, etc, but people seem to be genuine. I can back my drive distance up by the fact that I'm young and athletic, confident, and sometimes arrogant which causes me to overswing haha :)

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

Not sure what my average is, but I'd venture a guess it's about 245 or so. I think 280 is about my max under normal conditions (i.e. no wind behind me, no huge elevation advantage, etc). A couple weeks ago I smashed one that looked like it was pretty good yardage, so I measured the distance with my SkyCaddie and it said 278.

I love the distance I get, my problem is my fairway % is too low. Which is part of the reason I'm a 15-handicapper. It's great to get all this distance, but I need more consistency in the fairway. Depending on the course, I seem to lose about two balls per round. Penalties kill my score.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

This is a great survey, and a great question. You might have gotten more interesting data had you broken the 201-260 range into two slots...

I have studied my driving distance this year, and the results are quite interesting. I have measured drives with a Sky Caddie, which has a few yards of potential error, but in general can be thought of as very accurate.

The first challenge in measuring driving distance if you are not a low single digit player is to grapple with the issue of solid hits. Do you measure every drive, or just the solid ones? I measure all of the solid ones, including those that are hard hooks or bad push/slices, but I don't measure drop-kicked drives, or other poor mis-hits like thin hits, extreme toe or heel, etc.

Driving distance varies widely for me. For background, my driver swing speed was measured and ranged between 94-101 mph when I was fitted last summer, and you can see my club data at the signature below.

My drives vary alot in distance, but on any given hole the results on solid hits are remarkably consistent. My range this year on solid hits has been about 230 on the short end and 285 on the long end. The average is probably around 245. Maybe better, more experienced golfers notice things routinely that I have missed over the years, but the main thing I've learned is that the distance of your drive is greatly influenced by the nature of the landing area, much more so than I had ever thought.

My shortest drives come on a hole on our course where you hit from an elevated tee to a low, usually wet landing area. You get no roll, and occasionally a drive will back up, if you happen to hit it in a little upslope. My one or two drives in the 275-85 range this year were on flattish holes with hard landing areas. I have a couple of holes I play which are markedly downhill, but one of them does not play short, because again the landing area has been moist this season and I get little roll and a comparatively shorter drive. Carry distance is better, but overall distance isn't what you expect from such a downhill shot.

I've used the GPS to study how far my iron shots go, as well, and have learned the same sorts of things about how elevation changes, slopes, etc. change your shots.

As I say, maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but studying these things has helped me. I guess I always knew that uphill shots fly shorter, but until you actually measure the shots, you don't get a feel for just how much these issues matter. At least I didn't. But now, by knowing about how far I carry the ball, and studying the landing area, I can plan my way around certain holes better, often using less or more club than I would ordinarily use, in order to get a more level stance for the second shot, or an easier putt or easier chip if I miss, etc.

I highly recommend buying one of the many golf GPS devices out there. You learn incredible things about your game.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!