IGNORED

Nike Equipment holding Tiger back from winning majors?

Note: This thread is 3794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is Nike equipment holding Tiger back from winning majors?

• Yes
    • No

What I am saying is Nike (as a company) and not necessarily clubs. So far, aside from Tiger, a lot of growing talented players endorsed by Nike fell off the wagon. Is it the clubs, is it the ton of money they pay the players, is it whatever: Nike is the common ground.

You're making a blind statement. How about supporting your argument instead of one upping it with another dumb comment. Please explain to me how the clubs have prevented tiger from winning... Let's forget the five wins he had.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

You're making a blind statement.

How about supporting your argument instead of one upping it with another dumb comment. Please explain to me how the clubs have prevented tiger from winning... Let's forget the five wins he had.

1. Nike is fairly new company to golf compared to the others

2. Nike made it through the golf world because of the amount of money spent endorsing Tiger and fitting everything for his game and his needs (and rightfully after what they put in him)

3. Nike overpays his players: Rory contract is something to be ashamed of. These players then all of the sudden do not perform on the golf course as good as before:

a. They are getting paid too much money

b. Nike selects players who have no mental game and cannot perform.

c. Nike focuses all his efforts on Tiger only

Now, on all the bashing you guys gave me for my commets, why don''t you relax? This thread was meant to be an instigation to see who is a Nike supporter and who's not, who is a Tiger fan and who is not. We ALL very well know that the clubs have nothing to do with Tiger since he dictates exactly how his clubs need to be (see commercial from a few yrs back of Tiger in the "oven")

Francesco Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 8.5* PX Tour 7C3 6.0 - Wood: :titleist: 910 F.d 15* PX Tour 8C4 6.0 - Hybrid: :titleist: 910H 19* PX Tour HD2 6.0 - Irons: :titleist: ZB Forged 4-PW S300 - Wedges: :vokey: 52*.08, 56*.11, 60*.04 - Putter: :titleist: Studio Select Newport 2 35" - Ball: :titleist: ProV1x - Bag: :titleist: Midsize Staff - :bushnell: Tour V2

[QUOTE name="saturday" url="/t/70952/nike-equipment-holding-tiger-back-from-winning-majors/36#post_917198"] You're making a blind statement. How about supporting your argument instead of one upping it with another dumb comment. Please explain to me how the clubs have prevented tiger from winning... Let's forget the five wins he had.[/QUOTE] 1. Nike is fairly new company to golf compared to the others 2. Nike made it through the golf world because of the amount of money spent endorsing Tiger and fitting everything for his game and his needs (and rightfully after what they put in him) 3. Nike overpays his players: Rory contract is something to be ashamed of. These players then all of the sudden do not perform on the golf course as good as before: a. They are getting paid too much money b. Nike selects players who have no mental game and cannot perform. c. Nike focuses all his efforts on Tiger only Now, on all the bashing you guys gave me for my commets, why don''t you relax? This thread was meant to be an instigation to see who is a Nike supporter and who's not, who is a Tiger fan and who is not. We ALL very well know that the clubs have nothing to do with Tiger since he dictates exactly how his clubs need to be (see commercial from a few yrs back of Tiger in the "oven")

Title of thread and subsequent poll ask specifically about nike EQUIPMENT's impact on Tiger's game. So, no, it's not about starting a flame war between Tiger fanboys and Tiger haters, we already have an abundance of threads that provide an arena for those "gladiators". None of points 1-3 a)b)c) do anything to support the theory that Nike's clubs are preventing Tiger from winning, in fact most of them don't effect Tiger at all. 3c in particular is a head scratcher in this context...it actually does a fair job of demonstrating that it's NOT the clubs that are holding Tiger back (which in and of itself is a bit of a ludicrous idea, he was Player of the Year after all...) Read the thread title again, it has nothing to do with Nick Watney's mental game.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Title of thread and subsequent poll ask specifically about nike EQUIPMENT's impact on Tiger's game. So, no, it's not about starting a flame war between Tiger fanboys and Tiger haters, we already have an abundance of threads that provide an arena for those "gladiators".

I didn't just say Tiger, but puposely said Nike fans and haters as well... which in my opinion is hard pretty much the same as saying Tiger when talking about golf...

Francesco Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 8.5* PX Tour 7C3 6.0 - Wood: :titleist: 910 F.d 15* PX Tour 8C4 6.0 - Hybrid: :titleist: 910H 19* PX Tour HD2 6.0 - Irons: :titleist: ZB Forged 4-PW S300 - Wedges: :vokey: 52*.08, 56*.11, 60*.04 - Putter: :titleist: Studio Select Newport 2 35" - Ball: :titleist: ProV1x - Bag: :titleist: Midsize Staff - :bushnell: Tour V2

You're making a blind statement.

How about supporting your argument instead of one upping it with another dumb comment. Please explain to me how the clubs have prevented tiger from winning... Let's forget the five wins he had.

oh, and how is it a blind statement?!?

Pretty clear how those players' game went down from where they were before: (Rory could barely make cuts, Casey is a ghost, Watney didn't do much...) adjustment period? probably, but it's not good publicity for Nike IMO when players paid so much to switch then don't perform

Sigh.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I didn't just say Tiger, but puposely said Nike fans and haters as well... which in my opinion is hard pretty much the same as saying Tiger when talking about golf...

Look at what's in my bag, not one Nike club.  I'm far from a Nike fan boy but when someone makes ignorant statements they should expect to be called out to back up them up.

Joe Paradiso

Look at what's in my bag, not one Nike club.  I'm far from a Nike fan boy but when someone makes ignorant statements they should expect to be called out to back up them up.

So you're telling me that when you think of Nike for golf only related quipment or clothing, you don't think of Tiger?

Also, being a fan is one thing (i'm not), understanding and recognising that is the greatest golfer of the past 2 decades is something different (my position)

So you're telling me that when you think of Nike for golf only related quipment or clothing, you don't think of Tiger?

Also, being a fan is one thing (i'm not), understanding and recognising that is the greatest golfer of the past 2 decades is something different (my position)

I think of Tiger and now I think of Rory too, but in the same way I think of Phil Mickelson when I think of Callaway Golf, Bubba Watson when I think of Ping or Rickie Fowler when I think of Cobra, what's your point?

Joe Paradiso

1. Nike is fairly new company to golf compared to the others 2. Nike made it through the golf world because of the amount of money spent endorsing Tiger and fitting everything for his game and his needs (and rightfully after what they put in him) 3. Nike overpays his players: Rory contract is something to be ashamed of. These players then all of the sudden do not perform on the golf course as good as before: a. They are getting paid too much money b. Nike selects players who have no mental game and cannot perform. c. Nike focuses all his efforts on Tiger only

Again, you have no actual proof for any of these statements. Just saying "Rory joined Nike, now he sucks" doesn't mean anything by itself. People have bad years, including the year after they sign a new equipment contract. Stewart Cink sucked with TaylorMade and won a major with Nike. It's not TaylorMade's fault, or Nike's credit.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Again, you have no actual proof for any of these statements.

Just saying "Rory joined Nike, now he sucks" doesn't mean anything by itself. People have bad years, including the year after they sign a new equipment contract.

Stewart Cink sucked with TaylorMade and won a major with Nike. It's not TaylorMade's fault, or Nike's credit.

I'm expressing an opinion and putting out there discussion points by saying what could be the causes... by no means I'm stating laws in here that need to be vetted ...

How are all you guys replies to my posts adding any value, by just saying u have no proof, no data, and such...

I'm expressing an opinion and putting out there discussion points by saying what could be the causes... by no means I'm stating laws in here that need to be vetted ... How are all you guys replies to my posts adding any value, by just saying u have no proof, no data, and such...

Because you're casting aspersions without offering up any proof. If there's something to the assertion that Nike athletes underperform, we'd all be open to it. But just saying "Rory and Watney suck, it must be Nike" doesn't help. And to your other points, what proof do you have that Nike ignores their other athletes? Have you talked to Nike engineers or athletes?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Who really thinks that Nike equipment is inferior to TM, Titleist, Callaway et al?

Definitely inferior when it comes to durability ;-)

Tiger first switched to a Nike ball in 2000 and won the US Open by 15 shots and 4 majors in a row.  Then in 2002 he went to an all Nike bag except for the putter and has done pretty well since.  All OEM's make pretty good stuff, especially at the tour level.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Sigh.

That's all I can muster up to say as well.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Note: This thread is 3794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!