IGNORED

Stacy Lewis a Sore Loser?

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't see reading anything into the brief hug. I've seen plenty of very brief handshakes on the PGA Tour after a loss (and I don't have any problem with that either).

This. I wouldn't expect the person who lost to be very happy about it.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am the original poster of this thread and I was wrong to mention the brief hug between Lewis and Lexi. You all are correct that's there is no way to determine Lewis's sportsmanship based on one hug on a green after just missing a five foot putt to lose a tourney. I agree that a person could be mad at oneself but still be a gracious loser. She was probably more mad at herself than unhappy that Lexi won.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

I was very impressed with the way Stacy Lewis played the 17th (Road) hole and her winning putt on 18 at St Andrews...great golf...but her personality or lack of one doesn't do her any good with the mass media...but I do think she whined incessantly after the ridiculous ruling on Ciganda's 2nd shot on the 15th hole during The Solheim....would she have whined so much if Ciganda hadn't dropped that putt for a miraculous halve...I think not...also her Marathon PSA with the kids is absolutely dreadful...who was the freakin director...she sounds insincere....in closing I also find that she resembles Ross Perot...but keep up the great play gal !

I am the original poster of this thread and I was wrong to mention the brief hug between Lewis and Lexi. You all are correct that's there is no way to determine Lewis's sportsmanship based on one hug on a green after just missing a five foot putt to lose a tourney.

I agree that a person could be mad at oneself but still be a gracious loser. She was probably more mad at herself than unhappy that Lexi won.

I would agree with that

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

The only thing I don't care for re: Stacy is she always sounds like whatever she says is Scripted. May not be, but to me that's how she sounds. Great golfer though, then again, I tend to root for Lexi.

If I worried about how much I like athletes (or any entertainer for that matter) based on their personalities, political views, personal lives, I don't think I'd ever watch a single sporting event, movie or listen to music.

Having said that, once I do notice something I don't like from an athlete, it can turn me against him or her - especially if its poor sportsmanship (or killing your ex-wife and some waiter). So the less I know, the easier it is to just enjoy watching what they do well. I really like LPGA - not just because of the T's and A's but because of the incredible talent. I wish they would broadcast more tournaments. Stacie is one of my favorites.

• Upvote 1

Jon

Why do they have to hug anyway, just because they're girls? Totally ridiculous, they're co-workers (or colleagues) not BFFs from band camp. They should just shakes hands or make-out.

The official protocol seems to mandate a hug without touching breasts. The result is visually awkward generally, and sometimes almost embarrassing. I would heartily endorse the make-out option instead!

If I worried about how much I like athletes (or any entertainer for that matter) based on their personalities, political views, personal lives, I don't think I'd ever watch a single sporting event, movie or listen to music.

Having said that, once I do notice something I don't like from an athlete, it can turn me against him or her - especially if its poor sportsmanship (or killing your ex-wife and some waiter). So the less I know, the easier it is to just enjoy watching what they do well. I really like LPGA - not just because of the T's and A's but because of the incredible talent. I wish they would broadcast more tournaments. Stacie is one of my favorites.

I'm probably just odd, but I really like the LPGA primarily for the T and A. I also find that an incredibly talented LPGA golfer becomes more physically attractive.

She is a great player and she hates losing. While I like her competitive edge, she comes across as a sore loser every time she does not win and even when she does.

When she won player of the year and attained the #1 ranking, her comments were more about Michelle Wie getting more attention than herself.

She had the twitter flap earlier in the year regarding the fans in China.

And on Sunday after losing to Lexi, she gave Lexi a brief hug and walked off the green.

Is it a big deal? No. Do these small things add up? Yes.

Lewis is a sore loser with a poor attitude.

Hmmmm......let's see:

1) she got into a funk when she and Stanford started  0-2 at the 2011 Solheim. Rosie used rookie and short tenured LPGA pro, Ryann O'Toole, to team up with Lewis....just demonstrates the Yanks have no team leader(s).....no surprise they got thrashed this year too by an inferior team on paper.

2) her continual whining at the 2013 Solheim

3) slamming her putter into the bag when she doesn't putt well

4) After ShanShan won in Beijing, Lewis stuck out her as an insincere handshake of congratulation....she also said Feng was lucky in her win....a win is a win is a win...Ms Pouty Face.

5) Lewis learned nothing from the China event.....Lewis said she 'handed' Lexi the win in Mexico....I heard from a very reliable source that Lewis was heard calling Lexi a 'little b__ch behind her back and slamming some clubs in the clubhouse.

I feel sorry for the US that this is your #1 pro.

Her Marathon commercials are unbearable.

'Do you want to know what it takes to be the best you can be?....it takes a positive attitude, respect for the game, etc, etc

YA RIGHT...WHAT A JOKE.

@WebJunky; are y ou telling us that the LPGA requires, or dictates, that players take the little hug on the 18th?  I can't imagine that.  But i guess it's common knowledge that the PGA requires players that wear long trousers, not short pants during public    events so maybe the girls 'gotta do the hug'  I can certainly find the merit in John Daly's outrageous  long trousers as totally 'conforming' as he thumbs his nose (quietly insults) at the stuffy authority who dictate such nonsense.

Joe,

I'm just saying that's what it looks like. I'm certainly not opposed to these girls hugging, but it sure looks awkward the way they avoid touching their boobs together.

Also, heaven forbid the LPGA should ever ban shorts!

Am unable to warm towards her. Doesn't matter as lexi will blow past her to be the leading American player for years to come

My sentiments exactly.

That awkward commercial with her pretending to interact with children doesn't help either.

Go Lexi!

Lewis is a sore loser with a poor attitude.

Hmmmm......let's see:

1) she got into a funk when she and Stanford started  0-2 at the 2011 Solheim. Rosie used rookie and short tenured LPGA pro, Ryann O'Toole, to team up with Lewis....just demonstrates the Yanks have no team leader(s).....no surprise they got thrashed this year too by an inferior team on paper.

2) her continual whining at the 2013 Solheim

3) slamming her putter into the bag when she doesn't putt well

4) After ShanShan won in Beijing, Lewis stuck out her as an insincere handshake of congratulation....she also said Feng was lucky in her win....a win is a win is a win...Ms Pouty Face.

5) Lewis learned nothing from the China event.....Lewis said she 'handed' Lexi the win in Mexico....I heard from a very reliable source that Lewis was heard calling Lexi a 'little b__ch behind her back and slamming some clubs in the clubhouse.

I feel sorry for the US that this is your #1 pro.

Her Marathon commercials are unbearable.

'Do you want to know what it takes to be the best you can be?....it takes a positive attitude, respect for the game, etc, etc

YA RIGHT...WHAT A JOKE.

Or how about when she became world #1 and then immediately lost it, only to whine about the system being unfair. Then Inbee won 3 majors in a row lol

My sentiments exactly.

That awkward commercial with her pretending to interact with children doesn't help either.

Go Lexi!

I realized the individual pros have yet to be determined for the new event, the International Crown.....I feel sorry for Lexi.

Her partner options will be:

a) Pouty Face Lewis slamming her putter into her bag and whining

b) Kerr barking at her ball all day

c) the Pink Diva's only interest will be to make sure her finger nail colors don't clash with her shoes

d) none of the above

It's a shame d) can only be employed in singles.

There will be no team dynamics and the US team will get destroyed by the Koreans, Japan, Spaniards, Thai's.

Yes, Go Lexi!!! :-)

Or how about when she became world #1 and then immediately lost it, only to whine about the system being unfair. Then Inbee won 3 majors in a row lol

No question Lewis can play...I expect she'll be #1 by the end of 2014, followed by Tutta, then InBee.

But Lewis won't win every event but will contend often...so we'll see her unsportsmanlike conduct on Sunday more often than not...and I for one will be laughing.

No question Lewis can play...I expect she'll be #1 by the end of 2014, followed by Tutta, then InBee.

But Lewis won't win every event but will contend often...so we'll see her unsportsmanlike conduct on Sunday more often than not...and I for one will be laughing.

I know one should be gracious in losing but I'll take a sore loser like Tiger and Lewis over a gracious winner as a team mate any day.  I want someone on my team that hates losing just as much as I do.

Joe Paradiso

I know one should be gracious in losing but I'll take a sore loser like Tiger and Lewis over a gracious winner as a team mate any day.  I want someone on my team that hates losing just as much as I do.

Yes, I'm sure Angela Stanford really enjoyed playing with a sulking Ms Pouty Face Lewis in the first two matches of the 2011 Solheim where they went 0-2. :doh:

Then Rosie had a talk with Lewis and paired her with rookie and low tenured LPGA pro, Ryann O'Toole.

The US team has no team leader(s) when you can't rely on your "experienced" pros to team up with sore loser Lewis.

It is any surprise the US gals got thrashed on home soil this year to a Euro team that was inferior on paper....they are too busy making posters, and ensuring their ribbons and nail polish are color coordinated.

Ole Ole!!!! :-D

She does come across as not the most friendly player in the tour.   But compare to what John Daly does (play piss poor, and behaving badly) and gets away with (getting invited to tournaments), she's a saint.   She is a competitor through and through and I like that about any player.

Besides, she's one of the few players who can put up a fight against the Korean domination of LPGA.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3784 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!