IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

The forsythias are starting to bloom and the turf website says this is the optimum time to spread the crabgrass prevention. No golf for me this morning.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/14/2024 at 11:34 AM, DeadMan said:

We'll see if they show up, but it will be some kick in the nuts to get 4 dozen golf balls with over a foot of snow on the ground.

They showed up today. Still at least a foot of snow on the ground. We ended up with 22 inches. Woof. The forecast is good, though, so I should be fine to get at least some golf in next week.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I played in 70 degree weather a week ago and today the wind chill is 28. C'mon spring!

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill M

I just want to get out to the range.  There are some heated ranges but they tend to fill up and even with the heater if wind is blowing in the wrong direction it can be rugged.  Right now it is 32 degrees (That's 0 for you Celsius people) and "feels like" 25 so not going today.

Heading to NW Ohio this Saturday and the guys were hoping to get a round in while the ladies did a baby shower but I think we will be looking for a heated range instead.  It is supposed to get  up to 42 on Sat. and I don't see us golfing.

I think we may hit the 50's on Easter Weekend.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

3 hours ago, StuM said:

I just want to get out to the range.  There are some heated ranges but they tend to fill up and even with the heater if wind is blowing in the wrong direction it can be rugged.  Right now it is 32 degrees (That's 0 for you Celsius people) and "feels like" 25 so not going today.

Heading to NW Ohio this Saturday and the guys were hoping to get a round in while the ladies did a baby shower but I think we will be looking for a heated range instead.  It is supposed to get  up to 42 on Sat. and I don't see us golfing.

I think we may hit the 50's on Easter Weekend.

I can see how standing "still" for an hour on a range would get pretty chilly. I walked 18 holes today starting at 2pm. A bit of a breeze and 36 degrees but it was sunny in the Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor. Very comfortable.

Brian Kuehn

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

in the Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor. Very comfortable.

I’m not sure I allowed to go there, do I need a passport or wiilthe Enhanced DL be good enough?

• Funny 3

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 hour ago, StuM said:

I’m not sure I allowed to go there, do I need a passport or wiilthe Enhanced DL be good enough?

Not unless you change your avatar!

Brian, you;re tough to weather that strong cold wind today.   WOW.  

• Funny 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

(edited)
13 hours ago, StuM said:

You will need to either drive an electric car or ride a bike to enter our city. The avatar is fine based on the past 3 years. We do not recognize sports history prior to 2021.

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Funny 2

Brian Kuehn

14 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

We do not recognize sports history prior to 2021.

If I were you I would try to block out those prior years as well, but you can't change history BUT YOU CAN REPEAT IT.  You will not be so cocky after Nov. 30, 2024.

• Booooooooo 1

Stuart M.

17 minutes ago, StuM said:

If I were you I would try to block out those prior years as well, but you can't change history BUT YOU CAN REPEAT IT.  You will not be so cocky after Nov. 30, 2024.

Still won't get you to A2 with that avatar.   

Get healthy soon!

• Thumbs Up 1

We had a cold snap. Hit the range in a 64 degree chill. 🥶

• Booooooooo 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

(edited)
1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I was forced to wear a 1/4 zip. And to add, I have yet to wear long pants this year, I bought some but didn't need them. 

Edited by snapfade

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

I was forced to wear a 1/4 zip. And to add, I have yet to wear long pants this year, I bought some but didn't need them. 

Get Out Love GIF by T-Series

• Funny 3

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Just so you know, the “Boos” are from us up here in Michigan where we got a spring snow to start our day.  It is forecast to snow until midnight eith 3-6 inch accumulation.  🤬

• Upvote 2

Stuart M.

43 minutes ago, StuM said:

Just so you know, the “Boos” are from us up here in Michigan where we got a spring snow to start our day.  It is forecast to snow until midnight eith 3-6 inch accumulation.  🤬

You must be the only guy in Michigan, every other car, or big ass RV, I get behind has Michigan plates on it.  The other ones have Ohio plates.

• Funny 2

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

(edited)
3 hours ago, snapfade said:

You must be the only guy in Michigan, every other car, or big ass RV, I get behind has Michigan plates on it.  The other ones have Ohio plates.

You did hear our governor annexed your state?   It's now Michigan - South (almost like Columbus)   🤣

There are even transplants in Merritt Island from Michigan!

Edited by dennyjones
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

You did hear our governor annexed your state?   It's now Michigan - South (almost like Columbus)   🤣

There are even transplants in Merritt Island from Michigan!

You see them at Wal-Mart.

8d2050fdeffefcd8da8607aff6d894a1.jpg

• Funny 1