IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Talk about depressing, my wife just gave me a Garmin G3 as a birthday/Christmas gift. Ok, that part is really cool. The fact that I can't take it to course for another 4 months is depressing. All I can do is turn it on, look at the courses I play... turn it off. Wait a couple of hours and repeat. I get to do that for the rest of Winter.

I know, it could be far worse.

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dude, re-f***ing-lax.  I wasn't insinuating that you were making racist comments.  I was just pointing out that there are a lot of balls with colors in the name ... but that doesn't mean they are that color.

Nike is so racist!  It's no wonder this ball was discontinued...LOL

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I find it hilarious that guys are talking about "gentlemanly" & "Tiger" in the same breath........... Merry Christmas all.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I find it hilarious that guys are talking about "gentlemanly" & "Tiger" in the same breath...........

Merry Christmas all.

Some of the most famous "Gentlemen" in history were also ladies men!

Our courses closed with the first snow two weeks ago.  My local indoor range is doing a makeover, which will make in nicer, but also more expensive.  It used to be $15 per hour to hit into a net and you could do 1/2 hour.  Now, each bay will have the best mats, either TracMan, or video or something.  It will be $30 per hour and $15 per 1/2 hour. :-(

I have been doing a lot of mirror work from my Evolvr lesson with @james_hirshfield , but I do need to hit balls routinely or I will get sore forearms and elbows.  I have an impact bag at work in our gym which is little used and has large mirrors because it used to be an aerobic studio.  So that helps.

The depressing thing for me is it will be 3 months before the courses open again in MA/NH unless it dries out.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Some of the most famous "Gentlemen" in history were also ladies men!

Cheating on your wife and being a ladies Man are 2 entirely different things. Not to mention rules infractions/bending. He's alot of things, but "gentleman" ain't one of them. Merry Christmas.

-Landon

Cheating on your wife and being a ladies Man are 2 entirely different things. Not to mention rules infractions/bending. He's alot of things, but "gentleman" ain't one of them.

Merry Christmas.

I guess by those standards he has a lot of company.  Difference between Tiger and others is he got caught.

Joe Paradiso

Got to play Sunday, it was unusually warm and the course was pretty wet from the rain and snow melt but I figured why not. I played like crud (more then usual that is) and was somewhat surprised by how only a few weeks not playing/practicing affected my swing (I was all over the place) but still felt good to get out.

Cheating on your wife and being a ladies Man are 2 entirely different things. Not to mention rules infractions/bending. He's alot of things, but "gentleman" ain't one of them.

Merry Christmas.

My point is you would be surprised by how many of histories gentlemen have had mistresses and affairs, many in the golf world.  You single out Woods like he is the only one ever.  You are obviously biased against him and he can do no right nor ever be forgiven no matter what he does in the future.  A gentleman has the capacity to forgive.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I guess by those standards he has a lot of company.  Difference between Tiger and others is he got caught.

I also find it sad that folks try to justify being a shitty human being. Merry Christmas.

-Landon

• Administrator

I also find it sad that folks try to justify being a shitty human being.

I don't see anyone justifying anything.

I will say - as I've said numerous times before - that I don't really care much at all about the kind of guy he is off the golf course.

I will add that this is probably off topic, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My point is you would be surprised by how many of histories gentlemen have had mistresses and affairs, many in the golf world.  You single out Woods like he is the only one ever.  You are obviously biased against him and he can do no right nor ever be forgiven no matter what he does in the future.  A gentleman has the capacity to forgive.

He doesn't need forgiveness from me. No bias, I love to watch him play. I think he's one of the best of ALL TIME.

-Landon

ps I played against Phil in college and he could shoot a 68 with a range ball, me too for that matter lol

Wow, I just found a new hero!! Dude, tell me more about your awesome self. No really, I'm fascinated.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Wow, I just found a new hero!!

Dude, tell me more about your awesome self. No really, I'm fascinated.

Well Ernie....seeing that you are interested in that sort of thing.  I'm not quite that good , but I think I could shoot a 98 with a range ball.  I think Phil could to.

Also, I have never played with Phil, but I know a guy who played with Graeme McDowell. :dance: Can I be a hero as well??

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

He doesn't need forgiveness from me. No bias, I love to watch him play. I think he's one of the best of ALL TIME.

Jesus would forgive him.  Just saying.  Merry Christmas.

Back on topic.  Rough time of year around here in that most outdoor sports are gone.  They snow doesn't stay long enough to cross country ski because it usually rains or gets too warm.  I mountain bike, but the trails are snow bound and icy.  I used to stud my tires, but it wasn't that much fun.  So it is mostly indoor workouts and range work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Its gonna be 50 here in cincinnati tomorrow already booked my tee time on golfnow for me and the wife couldnt believe she was already ready to get back on the course especially in december o man what a turn on to hear her say babe lets play 18 tomorrow !!! Should be nice to get out and swing the clubs a little

Its gonna be 50 here in cincinnati tomorrow already booked my tee time on golfnow for me and the wife couldnt believe she was already ready to get back on the course especially in december o man what a turn on to hear her say babe lets play 18 tomorrow !!! Should be nice to get out and swing the clubs a little

Where are you located in Cincy? What course tomorrow? I'm in Mason by King's Island.

-Landon