IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

After waking up and finding the water pipes frozen, so no water in the house, I decided to ride up to Chattanooga (enough of sitting around the house).

Looked around Golfsmith at golf bags I liked but didn't buy, had a Philly cheese steak downtown, had a chocolate frozen yogurt, and wished it had been warm enough for a round at Moccasin Bend as I drove past.

Saturday is supposed to be warm enough to play but also supposed to rain.

After waking up and finding the water pipes frozen, so no water in the house, I decided to ride up to Chattanooga (enough of sitting around the house).

Looked around Golfsmith at golf bags I liked but didn't buy, had a Philly cheese steak downtown, had a chocolate frozen yogurt, and wished it had been warm enough for a round at Moccasin Bend as I drove past.

Saturday is supposed to be warm enough to play but also supposed to rain.

Water pipes can freeze in Alabama? :-\

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Close to 60 this weekend in Northern VA, looks like some golf on Sunday. :-D

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

50 and partly sunny this Sunday here on Long Island. Fingers crossed after this artic blast that all snow is gone and courses will be open.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Water pipes can freeze in Alabama?

That's funny. Oh yeah. The cold just usually doesn't last as long. It usually gets below 0 about once a year for a few days but I've seen well below 0 several times. Record here is -25.

When I moved to Missouri years ago my friends were surprised that I knew how to snow ski, but there's a short slope with a pull lift a couple of miles away.

Hmmm. Now that I'm thinking about it, I may go skiing tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Water pipes can freeze in Alabama?

That's funny. Oh yeah. The cold just usually doesn't last as long. It usually gets below 0 about once a year for a few days but I've seen well below 0 several times. Record here is -25.

When I moved to Missouri years ago my friends were surprised that I knew how to snow ski, but there's a short slope with a pull lift a couple of miles away.

Hmmm. Now that I'm thinking about it, I may go skiing tomorrow.

I never would have thought that it got anywhere near 0, much less below or a record low of -25.

Sorry about the pipes.  Hope it's not too much of a pain.

Christian

50 and partly sunny this Sunday here on Long Island. Fingers crossed after this artic blast that all snow is gone and courses will be open.

What course on LI do you play?

Christian

I play blue or Yellow at Bethpage, if I want a quick 9 I will got to Penninusla golf club or I I really just want to focus on iron play I head to an executive 18 called Heatherwood. All 3 very different courses.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotone

4 feet of snow. -1 actual temp. All my clubs are taken apart. New grips on the way.

My wife is telling me to find something to do other than shop for golf club parts.

What else is there to do? I've bought new irons, wedges, putter, hats, hybrids and the list goes on.......

Cold weather and lack of golf over time will certainly trigger the buying impulses of the devoted club ho. I knew a business associate that would go out on lunch break just about every day in winter to a local golf shop to buy, sell and trade clubs. Had a collection of clubs that could only have been the result of some kind of mental addiction. Probably more common than the public is aware of.....

Cold weather and lack of golf over time will certainly trigger the buying impulses of the devoted club ho. I knew a business associate that would go out on lunch break just about every day in winter to a local golf shop to buy, sell and trade clubs. Had a collection of clubs that could only have been the result of some kind of mental addiction. Probably more common than the public is aware of.....

I know nothing of which you speak. :-O

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Below zero last 2 mornings.     Half the city is in a power outage right now ... I'm one of the lucky ones - still have electric.   There's gonna be some mighty frosty souls for those with electric heat if this goes on into the night (and a lot of broken water pipes / basement flooding).

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I play blue or Yellow at Bethpage, if I want a quick 9 I will got to Penninusla golf club or I I really just want to focus on iron play I head to an executive 18 called Heatherwood. All 3 very different courses.

I played Bethpage Green earlier this year on a beautiful November day when it was like in the 60's.  Had never played any of the Bethpage courses before.  Really enjoyed it even though I put up an awful number...even for me.

Haven't played the other two.

Christian

I have only played the green course once. I too put a monster #. From how I understand it the yellow being the easier of the 4 courses followed by blue than green red and of course the Black course.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I have only played the green course once. I too put a monster #. From how I understand it the yellow being the easier of the 4 courses followed by blue than green red and of course the Black course.

Yeah, I set up a tee time with a friend and they offered some of the other courses but would have had to wait 40 minutes and we didn't want to do that.

Def going to play a few rounds down once the season begins again.

Christian

Yellow and blue get the most play. Next season is going to be rough. Single walker and will need to get to Bethpage early otherwise waits are insane. That place is a zoo on Saturday and Sundays during the season. I don't play there too much because of that. But most courses are like that here on LI durin the season. Late October thru as much winter as allowed to play is my favorite time to play. If open courses are empty and a bit friendly on the wallet.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Yellow and blue get the most play. Next season is going to be rough. Single walker and will need to get to Bethpage early otherwise waits are insane. That place is a zoo on Saturday and Sundays during the season. I don't play there too much because of that. But most courses are like that here on LI durin the season. Late October thru as much winter as allowed to play is my favorite time to play. If open courses are empty and a bit friendly on the wallet.

Yeah, I just moved to Albany from Queens last Feb. and whereas I've found courses to play down there, up here it's my understanding there are only two courses that are open.

Christian

Explain heated driving ranges to me? I'm assuming some sort of propane heaters in the hitting bays, but how do they keep the snow off the range so they can collect balls?

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Explain heated driving ranges to me? I'm assuming some sort of propane heaters in the hitting bays, but how do they keep the snow off the range so they can collect balls?

Gas heaters at the heated that I've worked at. If the ground is froze, pick as normal, but when it starts to thaw it gets more tricky and tedious. A lot of hand picking goes on.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon