IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

I'm glad I am not in Ohio anymore!!! Moved out to Reno Nevada and about 8 months ago moved to San Diego County

Ain't that the truth... Ohio had the worst weather imaginable..I enjoyed going to Ohio State, but man. Living a lifetime there would be cruel. I still have family there.

My brother lives in Beavercreek and we played Kittyhawk (http://www.golf-dayton.com/index.html) over Thanksgiving. Dayton normally has weather similar to Pittsburgh, although we do get a little more lake effect snow. Right now there are 2-3 inches on the ground with little hope of playing until February.

Best wishes on your weekend golf. Wish I could be there.

I grew up in Beavercreek, work in Beavercreek and Kittyhawk is my home course (more or less on the way home). Small world.

Hang in there. Good weather can come out of nowhere.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ain't that the truth... Ohio had the worst weather imaginable..I enjoyed going to Ohio State, but man. Living a lifetime there would be cruel. I still have family there.

Where do you live now?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Between the weather, work and our new son, my golf time is almost none. The best I got is chipping with my 54* into the pack and play for 15 minutes if I get home before the wife. Would try the 58* but am afraid of shanking it into our 46 inch.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Between the weather, work and our new son, my golf time is almost none. The best I got is chipping with my 54* into the pack and play for 15 minutes if I get home before the wife. Would try the 58* but am afraid of shanking it into our 46 inch.

Wow, you have a kid? I always thought you were young. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Pt- I know you live downstate and always thought about seeing if you wanted to play Split Rock/Pelham sometime.

Christian

Forecast Sunday 60*. Tee times at the home course filled up quick, but I snagged one this evening for prime time Sunday (warmest part of day) just now. I know the greens will still be hard, but I love being able to play mid winter. Could never do this in Ohio where I grew up next to the lake and learned to play. :-P

BTW- one of my assignments in grade school back in Sandusky was to co respond with the tourism dept of the state of our choice. I chose Colorado after researching the natural resources, economy, ect. I got a very prompt and delightful reply. Twenty years and quite a bit of hard work and adjustment my dreams were fulfilled.

And then the Californicators arrived! :doh:

Still love this place!

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Wow, you have a kid? I always thought you were young. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Pt- I know you live downstate and always thought about seeing if you wanted to play Split Rock/Pelham sometime.

I'm 30 and have a 7 month old. I'm a teacher though and he's in daycare on Tuesdays and Thursdays so this summer I'll definitely be taking advantage of Pelhams "TwoFore Tuesdays". That's actually when I recorded my only sub-100 round. PM me this summer if you're in the city. I also play at Van Cortlandt alot.

On a sidenote, I noticed you're from Albany and my in laws live up there. I've only played Western Turnpike but will let you know if I'm up there at all.

I'm 30 and have a 7 month old. I'm a teacher though and he's in daycare on Tuesdays and Thursdays so this summer I'll definitely be taking advantage of Pelhams "TwoFore Tuesdays". That's actually when I recorded my only sub-100 round. PM me this summer if you're in the city. I also play at Van Cortlandt alot. On a sidenote, I noticed you're from Albany and my in laws live up there. I've only played Western Turnpike but will let you know if I'm up there at all.

I'm up in SmAlbany as well, I'm a teacher also. Western is ok, we'll have to get you out on the city course in Albany.

Colin P.

I'm 30 and have a 7 month old. I'm a teacher though and he's in daycare on Tuesdays and Thursdays so this summer I'll definitely be taking advantage of Pelhams "TwoFore Tuesdays". That's actually when I recorded my only sub-100 round. PM me this summer if you're in the city. I also play at Van Cortlandt alot.

On a sidenote, I noticed you're from Albany and my in laws live up there. I've only played Western Turnpike but will let you know if I'm up there at all.

Yeah, no doubt I will, although I generally only go down on the weekends.  From what I remember, you and I shoot similar scores so it'll be interesting to see the differences in our games.

Yeah, let me know if you come up.  I'm sure getting away from your in laws for a few hours to play golf isn't something that's a bad thing. ;-)

I'm up in SmAlbany as well, I'm a teacher also. Western is ok, we'll have to get you out on the city course in Albany.

Yeah, but no doubt if he comes up on a weekend, though, you won't be around. :-P

Christian

I'll be up around Passover/Easter weekend. Not sure how free I'll be but I'll let you know if I'm available

I'll be up around Passover/Easter weekend. Not sure how free I'll be but I'll let you know if I'm available

I'm usually not around that weekend because I go to my mom's downstate but she's moving to Costa Rica so I'll probably end up going to VT to my gf's folks place.

:-$

Christian

Ok no worries. I'll prob be free some summer weekends too

Wow, you have a kid? I always thought you were young. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Pt- I know you live downstate and always thought about seeing if you wanted to play Split Rock/Pelham sometime.

Here's a video of said drill. Got some liquid courage in me and broke out the 58*

Nice.

Didn't know you were a lefty

Neither did I for awhile

J[quote name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/1320#post_1098081"] Wait, what?[/quote] I'm righty for everything else

J

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Wait, what?

I'm righty for everything else

I have a close friend like that.  I keep wanting to try righty because I think he will have more shoulder rotation.  But he has made a lot of progress from when he started, so I haven't pushed it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave