IGNORED

Worst Movie of All time

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Elektra - terrible script, terrible acting, just terrible

Daredevil - I don't even know where to start with this one.

The Hunger Games - I had really high hopes for this one after reading the books, but I thought it was a huge disappointment. The second was much better.

Home Alone 3 and 4 - just stop

Armageddon - the only thing that could make a scientifically impossible science-fiction film worse is a sappy love story. Well, that and Ben Affleck

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haha, oops! Darn internet making the world too small. I was not expecting to run into someone who actually knew someone from one of these movies.

My fault. I dunno why I didn't like it. I normally like Crystal and De Niro. Something about it, I can't explain. I haven't seen it in years, but my memory of it was really negative for some reason.

No hard feelings though, obviously. You have to drag your soul through broken glass to get a real movie made, so respect to these folks for even trying.

No worries.  We all have different tastes.  My wife loved Fargo , but I didn't.  I was probably in a bad mood when I saw it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Elektra - terrible script, terrible acting, just terrible

Daredevil - I don't even know where to start with this one.

The Hunger Games - I had really high hopes for this one after reading the books, but I thought it was a huge disappointment. The second was much better.

Armageddon - the only thing that could make a scientifically impossible science-fiction film worse is a sappy love story. Well, that and Ben Affleck

Full agreement on those.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Haha, oops! Darn internet making the world too small. I was not expecting to run into someone who actually knew someone from one of these movies.

My fault. I dunno why I didn't like it. I normally like Crystal and De Niro. Something about it, I can't explain. I haven't seen it in years, but my memory of it was really negative for some reason.

No hard feelings though, obviously. You have to drag your soul through broken glass to get a real movie made, so respect to these folks for even trying.

No worries.  We all have different tastes.  My wife loved Fargo, but I didn't.  I was probably in a bad mood when I saw it.

Honestly, if I catch Analyze This on TV, I'll make a point to give it another chance, just because of this conversation. I may have been in a bad mood when I first saw it too who knows. I was only 16 when it came out, so it's plausible I got dumped by some mediocre girl that day or something :-D

Constantine

LOL ... I didn't even know those existed!  Just looked em up on imdb and see that they had nobody in them (unless Scarlett Johansen in 1997, and French Stewart count) so they were probably straight to video pieces of junk?

Home Alones 1 and 2 are great tho.  Especially 2 ... it's on, seemingly, every night this month on either ABC Family or Bravo or whatever, and it's a good place to leave it if nothing else is actually on. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

LOL ... I didn't even know those existed!  Just looked em up on imdb and see that they had nobody in them (unless Scarlett Johansen in 1997, and French Stewart count) so they were probably straight to video pieces of junk?

Home Alones 1 and 2 are great tho.  Especially 2 ... it's on, seemingly, every night this month on either ABC Family or Bravo or whatever, and it's a good place to leave it if nothing else is actually on. :)

LOL. Home Alone 3 and 4.

This was from Sunday's Family Guy episode. The setup and punchline have been edited out by the Youtube uploader, but somehow it's still kind of funny:

All that said, I admittedly love watching Home Alone 1 and 2 this time of year.

OK, I've officially lost all credibility as a movie nazi now. :-P

Constantine

Fargo was brilliant.

I've walked out of two movies in my life:

Fargo

and

Spaceballs

this revelations results in two responses - fully and wholeheartedly in agreement, or astonished and offended

(not so extreme with Fargo, but Spaceballs people are fanatics)

Bill - 

I've walked out of two movies in my life:

Fargo

and

Spaceballs

this revelations results in two responses - fully and wholeheartedly in agreement, or astonished and offended

(not so extreme with Fargo, but Spaceballs people are fanatics)

I'm with Colin.

Fargo is one of the best movies of all time. ;)

I'm with Colin. Fargo is one of the best movies of all time. ;)

Agree as well!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I love a great dark comedy and Murray in that role, but for me the worst is Lost in Translation.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I'm with Colin.

Fargo is one of the best movies of all time. ;)

I agree, Fargo was awesome. Coen Brothers are just movie gold, haven't been disappointed yet.

The closest I ever come to walking out of a theater was for the movie, "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith. That was just a horrible mess. The movie was all over the place.

Oh, I would put Peter Jacksons' King Kong in that one as well. Not every movie needs to be 4 hours long. That was horrible, I did take a nap during that movie :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I've never walked out of a movie before, but the closest I came to was when I watched The Scorpion King. The movie was bad, not memorable (I don't even remember the story), and probably had the worst CG animation at the end when they animated The Rock as a scorpion.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Lost in translation was awfully boring, but my worst film ever was "Blair witch project" Apparently they made it on a budget of like $6k! That must have included the cameras, food and accommodation! I could have done better on an I phone!

Gaz Lee

I'm surprised by the lack of love for, "Lost in Translation". I though it was a great movie. Not as good as Spaceballs but still pretty good.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Gotta agree with the others on the Lost in Translation hate, and this is coming from a big Murray fan (a fan to a fault some might say). Not enough happened in the story for me to enjoy it. Plus, throw in all the praise it got and that's a recipe for my inner movie hipster to start chugging the haterade.

Fargo rules, and so does Space Balls, but I respect another's right to hate the shit out of a movie... even Peter Griffin hating on the Godfather.

Constantine

I liked Lost in Translation in bits, as a whole don't hate it, lukewarm. Liked the golf scene :) And where he's stuck on a runaway treadmill, and the prostitute, and the commercial shoot. Blair Witch was meh, but don't hate it. It started the whole found footage genre, which is still going, like the recent Europa Report. Lots of haterade for Tree of Life. I think I counted 10 walkouts when I saw it. Again, don't hate, lukewarm. Now Pearl Harbor. Awful. Hate.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3551 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!