IGNORED

Those of you that think Tiger is on steroids....

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[QUOTE name="colin007" url="/t/71587/those-of-you-that-think-tiger-is-on-steroids/72#post_932668"]   [QUOTE name="saevel25" url="/t/71587/those-of-you-that-think-tiger-is-on-steroids/72#post_932209"] Yes, 5'8 is short to someone who is 6'1"[/QUOTE] And 6'1" is short to someone who is 6'4"... :-P [/QUOTE] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/88282/] [/URL] :-D

Hmmm this 5'/8" fish is no easy meal...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger's legs (and mine) are one of the topics I've talked with him about. He was envious. I'd heard before that he is not a fan of his calves (or lack thereof), but whaddyagonnado?

He's not thinking of Johnny Drama type calf implants is he? Entourage reference :)

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Even IF, a big "if", he is on steroids, would help him win more? Golf isn't anything like football, basketball or even baseball.
In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Even IF, a big "if", he is on steroids, would help him win more?

Golf isn't anything like football, basketball or even baseball.

I think Tiger wanted to crush the competition so freaking much, he doped to get as big as possible. My theory is he doped, had roid rage, needed sex to fill his drive, and realized his foolish mistakes. PED's are like any other drug, they make you do crazy things. But really, nobody knows for sure.. just my theory.

I think Tiger wanted to crush the competition so freaking much, he doped to get as big as possible.

How would doping crush his competition?  Also compare any man from their early twenties to their 30's and you'll see that they tend to "fill out".  Especially Tiger who eats well and exercises on a regular basis.

My theory is he doped, had roid rage, needed sex to fill his drive, and realized his foolish mistakes. PED's are like any other drug, they make you do crazy things. But really, nobody knows for sure.. just my theory.

He didn't "realize" his foolish mistakes until he got caught.  Also his "need for sex" didn't increase at any point, he was leading that lifestyle well before he got married.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I think Tiger wanted to crush the competition so freaking much, he doped to get as big as possible. My theory is he doped, had roid rage, needed sex to fill his drive, and realized his foolish mistakes. PED's are like any other drug, they make you do crazy things. But really, nobody knows for sure.. just my theory.

I think you need to ditch your theory all together, of all the sports there is golf would be the most unlikely and useless sport to do steroids to gain any advantage, I just don't even want to elaborate because it's so grossly obvious that a golfer does not need to have the type of muscle mass steroids will help an athlete develop.

Furthermore I have seen the photos of Tiger and the so called "bulk up"  your saying happened  and just don't see it at all, there may be differences but these changes are very mild and easy to obtain for a dedicated athlete of Tigers stature.

The only thing Tiger may have used is HGH to help recovery time from injuries but that is really it, there simply is not enough evidence to support your theory.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

To each his own. I think the reason Tiger broke his knee was because of too much pressure on his knee.. from both the snapping of it straight and roids.

I have a sneaking suspicion you wear a helmet and Velcro shoes. Before making outlandish statements please back up your accusations with something more than "he used roids".

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I have a sneaking suspicion you wear a helmet and Velcro shoes.

Before making outlandish statements please back up your accusations with something more than "he used roids".

Read my previous statement. I practically wrote a book on why I thought he doped.

Please don't feed the troll! They only get more troll-y and more annoying. Just let them starve away.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Last 2 minutes Haney has been with him for 6 years and never seen any evidence of PED's, of course there will be some that still insist he used with no evidence to back it up

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Last 2 minutes Haney has been with him for 6 years and never seen any evidence of PED's, of course there will be some that still insist he used with no evidence to back it up

Evidence?  Evidence??   Haters don't need no stinkin' evidence.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I do not think Tiger is on steroids. However; Why might a golfer use roids? As testosterone levels decrease with age so does our endurance/stamina, fat accumulates quicker/easier so we go from a "flat bell to a round belly", we loose strength and muscle, we are more injury prone. Steroids does have a benefit for older golfers they aren't simply for getting bigger and stronger. None the less; Tiger doesn't seem to be on steroids IMHO.

It's easy to forget that before Tiger strutted onto the Tour, regular workout routines were unheard of for PGA Pros. It wasn't long before Tiger's winning fashion was catching the eye of everyone. PGA Pros were interviewed after their round and asked if and how they could keep up with Tiger. In his short tenure on Tour Tiger turned a gentlemen's game into a sport. He even had the balls to change to a solid golf ball and Tour players followed suit. So I'll eat my hat if he has been on steroids. Come to think of it I ate my hat a few years ago on Tiger's escapades lol

Wow - some really strong opinions on this.  I think it is very difficult to say weather he was taking anything - and ultimately, we don't have any evidence to say he did (notably pictures from different years).  I'd say Tiger is one of the more vague instances we can look at.

Regarding his physique - yeah, he is certainly fit and muscular.  And achieving this is certainly easier with help.  There are tons of guys in tons of gyms and on tons of teams that use PED's and look like Tiger.  Add to that that many pro athletes are driven to get some help of this kind and it is easy to get.  So he certainly could have used something to help.  But Tiger does not carry the kind of muscle mass that is only achieved through PED's.  Not at any point in any of those pictures.  That is ridiculous.

I also don't buy the assertion that he probably didn't use them because they aren't helpful with golf, or would make you lose your touch or something similar.  I think they would be useful to anyone who used them in nearly any sport - even ones where muscle bulk isn't needed.  Steroids and the like are kind of miracle drugs, especially when administered by the Dr.'s and scientists that can be employed by wealthy athletes as opposed to the guy in the gym parking lot.  They make everything better.

I don't think Tiger's 'need for sex' or knee injuries are evidence of anything steroid related.

Maybe the most damning thing is his association with the PED provider(s) listed above.  I didn't know about that before reading this and so won't go to far into it.  Of course it doesn't automatically make Tiger guilty of anything - but it isn't a good sign when the Dr. you went to Canada to employ is the doper to the stars.

Pretty much there is no evidence against Tiger Woods except being guilty by association.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Wow - some really strong opinions on this.  I think it is very difficult to say weather he was taking anything - and ultimately, we don't have any evidence to say he did (notably pictures from different years).  I'd say Tiger is one of the more vague instances we can look at.

Regarding his physique - yeah, he is certainly fit and muscular.  And achieving this is certainly easier with help.  There are tons of guys in tons of gyms and on tons of teams that use PED's and look like Tiger.  Add to that that many pro athletes are driven to get some help of this kind and it is easy to get.  So he certainly could have used something to help.  But Tiger does not carry the kind of muscle mass that is only achieved through PED's.  Not at any point in any of those pictures.  That is ridiculous.

I also don't buy the assertion that he probably didn't use them because they aren't helpful with golf, or would make you lose your touch or something similar.  I think they would be useful to anyone who used them in nearly any sport - even ones where muscle bulk isn't needed.  Steroids and the like are kind of miracle drugs, especially when administered by the Dr.'s and scientists that can be employed by wealthy athletes as opposed to the guy in the gym parking lot.  They make everything better.

I don't think Tiger's 'need for sex' or knee injuries are evidence of anything steroid related.

Maybe the most damning thing is his association with the PED provider(s) listed above.  I didn't know about that before reading this and so won't go to far into it.  Of course it doesn't automatically make Tiger guilty of anything - but it isn't a good sign when the Dr. you went to Canada to employ is the doper to the stars.

My only issue with fine tuned PED's are that we do not know enough about the human body to make everything better at the same time.

Golf is a sport that takes a sprinter build, gymnastic flexibility and coordination, professional billiards player keen eye and the mental strength of a chess player to be the best.

In the future, it is more likely that genetically modified humans would outperform ones on "perfectly tuned" PED's. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2453248/

Though I don't think either will happen.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin007

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Yes, 5'8 is short to someone who is 6'1"

And 6'1" is short to someone who is 6'4"...

Hmmm this 5'/8" fish is no easy meal...

Well, 13% is not that much difference. I don't know exactly how that would translate to an advantage in golf.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!