IGNORED

Recommend a centre shafted mallet putter

mazza78
Note: This thread is 3773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi I'm after some advice on some different centre shafted mallet putters which people recommend or have tried please. I've a cleveland one at minute but would like a new one!! Thanks

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

+1 on the Odyssey Backstryke. My friend has the Backstryke D.A.R.T. and putts very well. I asked if I could use it for a round and it seemed that my putting improved as well over my traditional offset blade putter. Very good feel to his putter.

Yeah I think looking at the Odyssey line would be your best bet.  Don't know of too many OEM's that make center shafted mallets, I think Scotty did a couple years ago.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In my rotation....

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Seemore also has a few center-shafted mallets.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I've played an Odyssey 2-ball center shafted mallet for 7+ years now and I love it.  Odyssey doesn't even make that putter anymore; in fact very few manufacturers make a center shafted mallet anymore.  I don't get the same effect from the backstryke--I just don't like the looks of all of that twisty-curvy stuff at the end of the shaft, and I'd constantly be worried that it got bent when my clubs were rattling around in the trunk.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I second k-troop on the Odyssey two ball center shaft. It is a heavy head, which I like obviously. You can really feel it swing. I've coupled that with a the really fat Super Stroke grip in order to take my hands out of the swing. Just rock the shoulders and trust the mass of the putter to get the ball moving.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Ping C67 - my fave center shaft model ... gotta have one that I can scoop up the ball with - many of the larger mallets aren't scoopers

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Love my Seemore small mallet style.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I have tried a few different types of center shafted putters and I do not like them. Aligning the center of the putter face to the ball seems very odd to me with the shaft in the center. I prefer an "Anser" style blade putter with a goose neck hosel and center alignment mark(s). This is what I am most comfortable with.

Good choice - SeeMore FGP2 is a  center mallet, as well as others.

If you want something heavier and with an insert, Bobby Grace makes some sticks with innovation:

https://www.bobbygraceputters.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page;=shop.browse&category;_id=28&Itemid;=100

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Historic note: Check out the first known center-shafted mallet putter, the Schenectady (circa 1904). Used by American golfer Walter J. Travis, the Schenectady was legal in the USA but was banned in Britain. The Brits thought it made putting too easy.

So be careful: golf might become boring if you suddenly start sinking all your putts!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!