IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Exactly!  I don't know what people expect from a group of girls that is not even able to compete on the LPGA tour - a tour that several people on this forum don't even watch because they think the quality of the golf is too poor.

I take new episodes of BB over re-runs of Feherty or Jimmy Roberts' show any day!  Actually, I'd take it over new episodes of those shows as well ... seeing as I don't watch them. :)

I was under the impression that the contestants on the BB were on the verge of being able to compete on the Web.com and LPGA qualifiers.  If that's the case I'd expect the level of their game to be better than what we see.

I like watching the show, it's entertaining from a reality television standpoint.  I'd prefer they either go with eye candy or great golfers not average looking women that aren't very good at golf.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some have been or are on the Symetra Tour, other tours as well. The girl that was throwing a fit last night plays on the Cactus Tour. Which does make it odd they have the emotional meltdowns they do.

Dave :-)

Some have been or are on the Symetra Tour, other tours as well. The girl that was throwing a fit last night plays on the Cactus Tour. Which does make it odd they have the emotional meltdowns they do.

Exactly, since day one these girls have made multiple comments about the pressure of BB.  I get there's a lot of pressure but they seem really unfamiliar and unable to handle it.

Joe Paradiso

I was under the impression that the contestants on the BB were on the verge of being able to compete on the Web.com and LPGA qualifiers.  If that's the case I'd expect the level of their game to be better than what we see.

I like watching the show, it's entertaining from a reality television standpoint.  I'd prefer they either go with eye candy or great golfers not average looking women that aren't very good at golf.

I don't think you are giving some of these girls enough credit. A few of them are very good golfers that would smoke most everyone on this forum. Here's some results from a few of them.

-Sadena: finished 3T at a tournament earlier this year with a two day score of -9.

-Jackie: A few of her tourneys (69-66-72), (71-71-66), (70-74-68)

-Renee: Several tourney finishes with all three rounds in the low 70's.

I'm sure there are more, but I think you can see that several of these girls are really good golfers. Sure, they aren't world beaters, but if they were they wouldn't be on the Big Break.

Exactly, since day one these girls have made multiple comments about the pressure of BB.  I get there's a lot of pressure but they seem really unfamiliar and unable to handle it.

However the men on BB mention the pressure too.

Dave :-)

When you say "spoiler alert", but don't hide the spoiler as hidden text, it doesn't do any good! [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!] Just sayin'.......   :-P [/SPOILER]

Lol sorry bud, I didn't even know you could do that... Fail.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I know she isn't getting any love on this board but so far, Tonya has been the most consistent and the most capable of dealing with the pressure of the show..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]I know she isn't getting any love on this board but so far, Tonya has been the most consistent and the most capable of dealing with the pressure of the show..[/SPOILER]

She is older than the other girls and has kids. More life experience.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Very disappointed in the show last night. First, the level of golf was not very good. Second, the best looking, and IMO only really good looking female is gone.  Given these facts I don't see too many reasons to keep watching.

In the first challenge I would have always outbid the other person by 1 foot no matter how low it got.  You might as well at least have a shot at it.  If you make, they don't even get to play and if you miss they only have one more foot. So, she says 10, I say 9, she says 8 I say 7. I don't know why you wouldn't.

BTW, did anyone notice how hilarious Mary looked in those baggy rain pants when the 5 winners were standing alongside one another?  Looked like she had a pillow stuffed in there.

• Administrator

Renée, rockin' the Edel putter (which she used to make the crucial six-footer to stay on the show):

The hosel and head look very similar to mine.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Only one was sub-235.  The others were 238 and 241.

By the way, I think that the girl who won the greenside bunker immunity challenge (Renee??) has Edel wedges.

Renée, rockin' the Edel putter (which she used to make the crucial six-footer to stay on the show):

The hosel and head look very similar to mine.

OK, good ... then this basically "confirms" my earlier thought about her wedges.  Good for her!

And Tonya uses Pure grips.

When are we going to find out which one of them uses Kick X balls?? ;)

OK, good ... then this basically "confirms" my earlier thought about her wedges.  Good for her! And Tonya uses Pure grips. When are we going to find out which one of them uses Kick X balls?? ;)

If I notice someone using a Driveway...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I have the same opinion I had last week. Very poor play.

Line of the night was "I have a very good short game." Uhm...Not sure who told you that but no you don't.

Maybe it's like the people that try out for American Idol that can't sing a lick but their families never had enough stones to tell them that.

I notice that some of the contestants are listed as playing on the "Cactus Tour". Hard to believe there's a pro tour (of either gender) with that level of play.

On the bright side once most of the bad players are gone it has to get a little better (I think).

I have the same opinion I had last week. Very poor play.

Line of the night was "I have a very good short game." Uhm...Not sure who told you that but no you don't.

Maybe it's like the people that try out for American Idol that can't sing a lick but their families never had enough stones to tell them that.

I notice that some of the contestants are listed as playing on the "Cactus Tour". Hard to believe there's a pro tour (of either gender) with that level of play.

On the bright side once most of the bad players are gone it has to get a little better (I think).

I agree with all of this.

Renee needs to pick up her game, because she has not played as well as her record on the Symetra Tour indicates she can (relatively to the others on that tour). Her confidence is low, and she will get bitten soon as others will pick her for the elimination challenges ahead. Jackie hasn't impressed much yet either, but I think she's got the right confidence and calm attitude so others fear her.  I think the final three will be Sadena, Tonya, Jackie. From there, whoever is hottest on the final day(s).

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

You got me curious so I googled them.  I like the idea ... a "tour" for aspiring pros that eliminates the biggest expense (travel) that would really hamstring a lot of players.

Here are the final standings from their 3rd tournament of the year (they've had 6 so far) ... notice any familiar names here??? ;-) Besides our winner, notice who finished in 53rd?? ;)  EDIT:  Oh, and 48th too!! :doh:

Oh, and the amateur girl who finished in 50th (Ava Lourenco) played in a few Golf Channel Am tourneys that I played in last year.  She was in the "Palmer" division for those with 4-8 handicaps and won at least two of the tournaments last year.

You got me curious so I googled them.  I like the idea ... a "tour" for aspiring pros that eliminates the biggest expense (travel) that would really hamstring a lot of players.

Here are the final standings from their 3rd tournament of the year (they've had 6 so far) ... notice any familiar names here???    Besides our winner, notice who finished in 53rd?? ;)  EDIT:  Oh, and 48th too!!

Oh, and the amateur girl who finished in 50th (Ava Lourenco) played in a few Golf Channel Am tourneys that I played in last year.  She was in the "Palmer" division for those with 4-8 handicaps and won at least two of the tournaments last year.

#35 is Blair O'Neal :banana:

Girls this season really need to up their game, from 95 yards out I'd expect more than one to get inside 10'.  This week showed how weak their strategy game is too.  During the first immunity, they all started out the bidding at 25' and most went down by 1's...24...23...22 :doh: .  If I was them, and had the first bid I'd have thrown out 15' and make the other girl go closer or take the shot.

It doesn't seem like the show even accounted for that possibility - if the first girl bid 15 and the other girl said hit the shot, that girl would never have bid a distance to hit her shot from if the first girl didn't hit it within 15'.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!