IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you think she got into tv for her wit..? Truth be told, imho the GC is going down hill. CBS needs to sell it to someone that knows golf. Golf central sucks, cept for Trip, Gary, and special guests. It's like watching a Scripted big network news show.. They think they need eye candy to make a show a hit, welp, got news for ya's...not so.  End of rant.

I agree for the most part on the GCs entertainment practices but the actual about golf shows and tour coverage is good. Melanie is dressed weirdly at times and looks good but not really good like last night. Finally the show is pretty much all about golf now, there are no girls that appeal to me anymore, other than Melanie.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mary needs to go.  She bugs me to no end.  She was trying to convince Fiamma to choose Kylee over Sadena saying that Sadena would always have a wedge into the green, there was no mention of the fact that Kylee could have also chosen Mary.  I was rooting for Kylee to win.  I have nothing against Fiamma except that she is part of the clique and Mary is the type to play both sides, what a back stabber.

In the Bag

Custom Built
Driver - R7 Draw 460 / Matrix Studio 84 Shaft X-Stiff
3 Wood - Kest S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff5 Wood - Kent S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff3 Hybrid - RX Low Pro / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-StiffIrons - 4-PW C1 Tour / Precision Rifle...

Wedges - Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 56-14 and 52-12

This weeks episode: 1 - yes, 17 is really stupid to stay on, what the heck was that about? 2 - Mary is pissing me off yet again with her click and she has brought fiamma with her. Fiamma just stands there and does what she says taking no time to consider putting Mary in at all... Wow... My thought: if Mary was smart, she would have pitted fiamma against Sedena on the hope that maybe Sedena stumbles and gets knocked out. But instead, she is more worried about making friends... 3 - was really hoping Kylee would win and foil Mary's plans, but she played garbage golf. 1 shot back on par 5, 268 from pin on fairway, she pulls an iron.... What?! Comon 3 wood, be aggressive, you have one shot or you are going home, make it count!

This weeks episode:

1 - yes, 17 is really stupid to stay on, what the heck was that about?

2 - Mary is pissing me off yet again with her click and she has brought fiamma with her. Fiamma just stands there and does what she says taking no time to consider putting Mary in at all... Wow... My thought: if Mary was smart, she would have pitted fiamma against Sedena on the hope that maybe Sedena stumbles and gets knocked out. But instead, she is more worried about making friends...

3 - was really hoping Kylee would win and foil Mary's plans, but she played garbage golf. 1 shot back on par 5, 268 from pin on fairway, she pulls an iron.... What?! Comon 3 wood, be aggressive, you have one shot or you are going home, make it count!

1 - Agreed.

2 - Yeah, I found it interesting that Mary was advising Fiamma in a way which would allow Fiamma the best chance of staying on the show, rather than take out a strong competitor.  This could backfire since the other girls might now decide to target either Fiamma or Mary if they go to the elimination match and get to choose their opponent.

3 - Yeah, I was rooting for Kylee, too.  IIRC, it was on the second hole and pulling out an iron and laying up was a chicken move.  Gotta be aggressive there, especially one shot down.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I like Fiamma, but like others I was rooting hard for Kylee because of the whole collusion deal between Fiamma and Mary. Have to hand it to Fiamma going birdie-birdie though, even if the second one got a fortunate bounce out of the trees.

I didn't like some of the girl's strategies in the blackjack game. I think going for the Ace first was the right move, and if you hit it then the King with the 9 behind it was the right play. However, the girls that missed the Ace on the first try would end up with something like an 8, and then would go for a big number again. A few times someone would end up on 18 and then had a tough decision to make. I think if I missed my original target (ace), I would try to break it into smaller segments and give myself more chances to make a good hand. For example, if I had 8 I think I would go for the 2 and then if I hit it I could go for the ace again, which was the biggest target. If I missed though and hit a 6 for example, now I just have 14 and know what I need to go for. I felt like these girls just kept hitting at the Ace or King without thinking about what they will do if they hit it. Hitting the ace was obviously the advantage because it gives you flexibility, but they would limit their options sometimes if they didn't get the ace. Just thought a better strategy could be used there.

Staying on a soft 17?!? WTH was that???

3 - Yeah, I was rooting for Kylee, too.  IIRC, it was on the second hole and pulling out an iron and laying up was a chicken move.  Gotta be aggressive there, especially one shot down.

They are all biding their time anyways in my opinion. Sedena is going to eat these ladies for lunch as soon as she is in position to.

They are all biding their time anyways in my opinion. Sedena is going to eat these ladies for lunch as soon as she is in position to.

It'll likely be Sedena or Jackie who wins it.

I'm rooting for Sedena but if she doesn't win, I'll be rooting for ABM (Anyone but Mary).

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I think if I missed my original target (ace), I would try to break it into smaller segments and give myself more chances to make a good hand.

Whenever I'm playing blackjack, if I get anything other than an ace or ten with the first card, I start rooting for whatever card will give me 11 so I have an excuse to double down. :beer:

I don't know ... I think I'd put my money on Jackie if I had to.  Sadena has the swing and the potential, but she has screwed up quite a few times when it counts.  But she definitely has the advantage with the length.  Did you see how in the second challenge, she hit a 5-wood (that she choked down on about 3 inches) 20-40 yards farther than all of the other girls hit 3-woods?

FWIW, I think Fiamma is beautiful. :dance:

It'll likely be Sedena or Jackie who wins it. I'm rooting for Sedena but if she doesn't win, I'll be rooting for ABM (Anyone but Mary).

Haha, true that. I haven't enjoyed the way Mary has played the game, from bullying to politics all while talking crap... My favorite: " I hit two good shots and she hit two crap shots and I lost, this is bs" Umm... Two good shots would be closer the pin.... You mean you hit 2 solid bad shots and your opponent hit 2 fat good shots? That would better describe it... Just play the game, and win playing the best game.

Quote:

Whenever I'm playing blackjack, if I get anything other than an ace or ten with the first card, I start rooting for whatever card will give me 11 so I have an excuse to double down.

Exactly, I do the same... As I mentioned above, I think Ace and then the King/9 combo was the best route. However, I thought another decent strategy may have been to go for the 7 three times in a row. I don't know what the yardage was or what numbers surrounded the 7, but if it seemed logical it would be easier to duplicate the same shot over and over as opposed to switching clubs and yardages.

One other item that I forgot to mention. On the final par 5, Fiamma was first to hit her 2nd shot from 257 yards out. She pulls a hybrid and seems to hit it quite well. A minute later she is shown playing her 3rd shot from 104????

So does the Golf Channel fudge these distances or does Fiamma really only hit her hybrid 150 yards?

I was happy to see:

1 - two players going Ace + Face card without batting an eye.  straight to a 21 both of them

2 - winning elimination birdie-birdie

Bill - 

One other item that I forgot to mention. On the final par 5, Fiamma was first to hit her 2nd shot from 257 yards out. She pulls a hybrid and seems to hit it quite well. A minute later she is shown playing her 3rd shot from 104????

So does the Golf Channel fudge these distances or does Fiamma really only hit her hybrid 150 yards?

Well I would say its accurate. Most of the girls hit drives 230ish and she probably wanted to hit to her strength, the 100 yd marker.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Got to be accurate and she isn't the only one. On the earlier challenge Mary hit a 5h from the tee of that just over 300 yd par 4 and still had an 8i in. She is one of the longer hitters. They were thinking Sadena killed it on the same hole and she was hitting full wedge after "killing" a 3w in the neighborhood of 200ish. These girls aren't long.

Dave :-)

Quote:

Exactly, I do the same... As I mentioned above, I think Ace and then the King/9 combo was the best route. However, I thought another decent strategy may have been to go for the 7 three times in a row. I don't know what the yardage was or what numbers surrounded the 7, but if it seemed logical it would be easier to duplicate the same shot over and over as opposed to switching clubs and yardages.

I know it's silly ... but I told my wife that it would be cool to see somebody with some cockiness just try for the ace as many times as possible.  Could you imagine somebody with some skills taking 21 shots (OK perhaps, they should stop at 11 ;)) while you're sitting there watching them from the bench?  That would be hilarious.

To be honest, I really don't think there is or was any sort of clique whatsoever. Mary was just being nice toward Fiamma so that Fiamma wouldn't pick her. And plus, even without Mary's persuasions, if I were Fiamma, I would still have picked Kylee. She's hit some terrible shots (missing the green 30 yards left from 100 yards comes to mind) and her Cactus tour results have been terrible.

I think over the last couple of episodes, Mary's personality has kind of changed because she realizes that its important to be friends with some of the others and this may help her on the show. For example, in addition to her actions with Fiamma, she tried joking Jackie and Renee that Kylee was crazy and maybe that would gain their favor in future episodes. She seems to particularly hate Kylee, however.

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!