IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Hopefully new girl doesn't take Stephanie Sparks lessons on that.

I've been so bored that I've been watching the older shows.  Hard to tell, but impressions is that the play is worse and worse every season.

One thing though.  After the first couple where the hosts had no clue, Stephanie Sparks was just fine - at least she knew golf.  the previous and Lafoya just stood dumb while the male hosts talked 'at' her.

So I appreciated Stephanie a lot.  Jury is still out on Melanie, but she's absolutely gorgeous, and the most professional 'host' so far.  My preference would be to have Melanie for professionalism and eye candy, and S.S. for golf commentary and a bit more accessible eye candy - she's pretty too IMO.

This season the contestants just look like caricatures of previous shows where about half the women get super pissy about halfway through the show.  Though in this case, I think it's already started.

Watching the old episodes also gave me nice stereotypes of what faces/attitudes I can apply to various posters here.  That's a fun exercise, but probably not fair.  Hard to watch the personalities of the old males, or most of the females...the play is good, but the personalities have about a 1 in 3 hit rate of just very detestable people.  Watching the two episodes with Tommy Two Gloves - it's very clear why he's made it and most really haven't - also a decent person.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did you guys know Holly is only 26 yrs old..?   Man she looks like she has some miles on her for being so young.

Which one is she? The one with the most "miles," I thought, was the mom from Vegas, but I think her name is Tonya. Did you guys see how they played up the next episode to make it look like Mary (I think - the bigger one) was getting real standoffish with them. I'm not really excited about the contrived soap opera stuff ... Just want to see girls in golf skirts play decent golf. :)

Which one is she? The one with the most "miles," I thought, was the mom from Vegas, but I think her name is Tonya.

Did you guys see how they played up the next episode to make it look like Mary (I think - the bigger one) was getting real standoffish with them. I'm not really excited about the contrived soap opera stuff ... Just want to see girls in golf skirts play decent golf. :)

Holly Sonders from the GC...I thought you'd know that..?

Holly Sonders from the GC...I thought you'd know that..?

Oh sorry, I was thinking of only the big break girls. :) She certainly wears plenty of makeup, but count me in the group that still considers Holly very good looking. ;).

Oh sorry, I was thinking of only the big break girls. :) She certainly wears plenty of makeup, but count me in the group that still considers Holly very good looking. ;).

She's my gf to be...

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Get to watch her legs today on the morning drive...

Careful. Keep your eyes on the road...... :-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Bring back don Donatello!

Just the other day I yelled " pull it tight " while measuring something, DD yelled that when they were measuring a closest to the pin immunity challenge.

At first I liked DD in the first show he was in.  But annoyed at the same time until at the end of it he wasn't so much fun anymore.

Then he was a total asshat in the "Ryder Cup" challenge episode and I started to understand the negative comments made about him more.

Then in the 'Reunion' show, he was much better than Vegas - seemed to be a bit more tempered - so now, colorful, but not nearly such a tool.  By then, it was probably too late though, most of the people had him pre-judged and weren't fair in many of the negative flack he was getting.  Kelly (the 'feel' golfer) was the most entertaining and likely either EXTREMELY good, or extremely bad, depending on the day.

Bill - 

Count me in...I'll be watching Big Break Florida!!

My take on the series hosts:

I have a secret crush on Sparks and wish she was still there.

Tom Abbott annoys the crap out of me......he always has and does whenever he is on the golf channel.

The contestants:

It's waaaaaay too early and I have no input except for 1 contestant:

That big girl..... Mary from Nebraska rubs me the wrong way with her potty mouth, actions, and comments in episode 1.  She is my least favorite contestant and her looks and physique have nothing to do with it. "At least she has a great personality"..... is not something that can be said for this woman....IMO.

I'm looking forward to episode 2 ;-)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I don't think Mary will last long. They are trying to portray her as this mean competitor when in all reality her mental game is just not there. Although we only have seen her play once, after two shots she was showing her emotions and being pissed. I am curious to see how she handles some real pressure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Some one should have talked that redneck chick out of the rose tattoo...

I'm curious to see if that wonky home made swing will hold up ... gotta like a chick that drives a race car, knows her way around a shotgun & has enough golf game to make Big Break  (gotta be a country song in there somewhere ....)

Outside of having a golf game, none of the rest appeals to me.  Haha

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Who cares about the golf...? I just wanna see some hot chicks mud fight... Yes I'm serious.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• Administrator

Watching tonight's episode now. I started at 9:54 so I'm a bit behind. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Watching tonight's episode now. I started at 9:54 so I'm a bit behind. :)

It was pretty lame. Not exactly a bunch of gamers here... I was bummed to see the girl go, she was pretty funny and entertaining.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

Eh. I'm barely even paying attention.

I know I'd sit on the OUT bench every time. I've spent a lot of time looking at GIR stats, let alone stats from 130 yards or whatever. And these are women.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3180 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!