IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

When you sign a scramble round you should unselect under the gear icon the default that includes the round in your stats.  A scramble will mess up your stats (unless you always played your own ball in which case you need a new partner ;-))

Thanks - I think I did that this morning.  I was playing with my wife and parents, so it was more about playing with them than being competitive :-) (and seeing what the GG results looked like).  I actually played very well and probably used 80-85% of my shots, so originally decided to keep the stats, but this morning re-looked at it and decided there were enough out-liers that I didn't want to have 3 or 4 skewed shots in there even if it meant throwing out the rest of the shots that were valid.

John

On August 20, 2016 at 4:19 PM, iacas said:

I almost never use it with my phone.

https://www.gamegolf.com/downloads

See what you get when you plug it into your computer.

Thanks, worked great.  I recovered the round I mentioned above and played the next one without using the phone app and it came out just fine on the upload.

My other mild complaint, and this is obviously a question for Game Golf's customer feedback rather than a Sand Trap thread, is why oh why does it automatically change the location of your shot to the edge of the green if you use putter?  It looks like it may remember the actual location of your shot because it moves a bit when you click "off green"... but it may not.  It's not really clear.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
8 hours ago, SG11118 said:

Thanks - I think I did that this morning.  I was playing with my wife and parents, so it was more about playing with them than being competitive :-) (and seeing what the GG results looked like).  I actually played very well and probably used 80-85% of my shots, so originally decided to keep the stats, but this morning re-looked at it and decided there were enough out-liers that I didn't want to have 3 or 4 skewed shots in there even if it meant throwing out the rest of the shots that were valid.

In the future, you can always just delete the holes where you don't use your shots. GG has no problems with 14-hole rounds, 6-hole rounds, etc.

52 minutes ago, allenc said:

My other mild complaint, and this is obviously a question for Game Golf's customer feedback rather than a Sand Trap thread, is why oh why does it automatically change the location of your shot to the edge of the green if you use putter?  It looks like it may remember the actual location of your shot because it moves a bit when you click "off green"... but it may not.  It's not really clear.

It assumes that putters are used from near or on the green (by default - you can move them off of course), but it also insists on not letting you use anything but a putter from on the green. You can't mark a wedge inside what it considers to be the putting green. Even if you just tapped in with your wedge.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So, I decided to go the cheaper route and found a tags-only set to be used with NFC on the phone app.  Should be here in time for my next round on Friday.  But, I went ahead and manually added my last two 9-hole rounds (with best guesses for shot locations), and I must say I am very impressed with how easy it is to edit a round.  Gives me a lot of confidence that this system is almost exactly what i wanted in terms of a shot tracker.  It definitely beats trying to remember and list every shot in an excel spreadsheet to do some rudimentary analysis!

I'm up to 126 holes on Game Golf - It is pretty clear that my ball striking hasn't been very consistent over those 126 holes.  My club distances are all over the place.  I haven't been hitting many shots close to holes this year, so I kind of expected it, but didn't expect it to be as bad as GG shows.  Some of this variability is wind related, and some of it is wet conditions vs. hard conditions related, and some of it is only having 126 holes in rather than a thousand.  However, it still doesn't meet my expectations.  I need to put in some work this week to improve on ball-striking before my club's big invitational tournament Friday through Monday (this weekend).  I also need to decrease my club distances slightly to better choose a club that can travel the required distance.

The Game Golf is is kind of a cool piece of equipment.  It is enjoyable to review your round afterwards and see a different perspective on your shots.  I don't like the ribbing that I get for using it, but I can handle it.

John

On 8/29/2016 at 11:30 AM, SG11118 said:

The Game Golf is is kind of a cool piece of equipment.  It is enjoyable to review your round afterwards and see a different perspective on your shots.  I don't like the ribbing that I get for using it, but I can handle it.

What sort of ribbing do you get for using it?  I find people either disinterested or think it's neat.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Shindig said:

What sort of ribbing do you get for using it?  I find people either disinterested or think it's neat.  

I'm curious too. People who don't know me ask what it's about, and seem interested.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:30 PM, SG11118 said:

I'm up to 126 holes on Game Golf

For me, that's about 19 holes of golf.  :bugout:

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:30 PM, SG11118 said:

I don't like the ribbing that I get for using it, but I can handle it.

Weird...I've never had anyone comment on it other than to say they'd heard of it or that they thought it was cool.

- John

I got some good natured ribbing from my dad the first time I used it. When I first showed him, he just kind of chuckled and shook his head.  Not sure he really understood it all.  Then on the course, he kind of rolled his eyes when I forgot to tag a shot and walked back to where I had just hit from.  It was kind of like "Oh brother.  How did anyone ever manage to play this game without those tags?"

But I saw him a day or so after we played, and without me prompting the conversation at all, he wanted to see my round and all the stats and everything.  So I'm pretty sure he thought it was cool.  But that doesn't mean he's above dishing out a little bit of crap to someone for doing something a little out of the ordinary out on the course.

10 hours ago, Shindig said:

Me and my Thursday night league group will rib each other for anything (and just about everything). Particular anything that might give someone else an "unfair advantage" toward winning quarters off the others.  Having a new red thing on my belt and new red things on the end of my clubs that I need to tag all the time and beep create new targets for them.  If they weren't ripping on me for this, they'd be finding something else, to try and go after.  I'm pretty good at giving it back though...

John

Hey, has anyone found the GG account for our Golfer-in-Chief? 

Just curious.  Not trying to get a visit from guys in suits or anything.  But I know he's used the device.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Hey, has anyone found the GG account for our Golfer-in-Chief? 

Just curious.  Not trying to get a visit from guys in suits or anything.  But I know he's used the device.

No.

I'm still annoyed that, for example, all profiles are public.

I might like to want to approve who follows me, for example.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

No.

I'm still annoyed that, for example, all profiles are public.

I might like to want to approve who follows me, for example.

That's kind of why I thought it might be possible to find him in the GG universe. Although maybe they found a way to make an exception for him. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

That's kind of why I thought it might be possible to find him in the GG universe. Although maybe they found a way to make an exception for him. 

Or he's just using some weird made-up or a very common name.

• 2 weeks later...

Something new happened to me today that hasn't happened since I started using the device:  I picked up on a hole.  How do I record that?  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I think I just tagged my putter to record a stroke. Last weekend I had a weird one too, but it was a great shot. I holed out my wedge from ~25yds, so I was done with the hole. Nice birdie on a par 5! GG seemed confused until about 2 holes later, so ultimately self corrected. I think tagging the Driver for the tee shots kicked it back into gear. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Shindig said:

Something new happened to me today that hasn't happened since I started using the device:  I picked up on a hole.  How do I record that?  

Just fill out some "most likely" results from there. It's a few shots out of hundreds or thousands.

Or, just delete the hole entirely as one you didn't play. That's probably the better option.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Just fill out some "most likely" results from there. It's a few shots out of hundreds or thousands.

Or, just delete the hole entirely as one you didn't play. That's probably the better option.

Thanks.  I'm going to do the second option and sign.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!