IGNORED

TST New England Spring/Summer 2014, errrr, 2015 Outing

jamo
Note: This thread is 2734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bump for the get together day. Also...are greens harder in the NE than the SE persay? Ive noticed that in the southeast when I hit a shot 100 yards it usually lands on a soft green and either stops or backs up a bit. Here in NJ I hit a shot 100 yards and it bounces and goes 107 or so. Now Im concerned that I should be hitting a 95 yard shot and letting the ball release up to the pin....

I kind of assumed this thing lost its steam, being so close to the proposed date and not any concrete plans, yet. Shame. Anyway, I convinced the wife to let me go to the one in Erie, so I doubt she'd let me do two outings in the same year. Btw, greens are probably a little firm because we haven't gotten much rain lately. If you can't stop the ball on the greens, then I definitely would recommend hitting it slightly shorter.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of assumed this thing lost its steam, being so close to the proposed date and not any concrete plans, yet. Shame. Anyway, I convinced the wife to let me go to the one in Erie, so I doubt she'd let me do two outings in the same year. Btw, greens are probably a little firm because we haven't gotten much rain lately. If you can't stop the ball on the greens, then I definitely would recommend hitting it slightly shorter.

Yeah, and that's largely my fault. I should have pressed it harder, sent out group PMs, etc. I'd still like to do something though, even if it's only a group or two. So what I think would work the best is just to set a date (likely in July), and then whoever can come can come, and whoever can't, well, sorry. But that way we'll have a super firm date.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yeah, and that's largely my fault. I should have pressed it harder, sent out group PMs, etc. I'd still like to do something though, even if it's only a group or two. So what I think would work the best is just to set a date (likely in July), and then whoever can come can come, and whoever can't, well, sorry. But that way we'll have a super firm date.

We will have to try again. Like I said, I won't be able to do anything else this year, but if the wife gets used to idea that I travel sometimes for golf... I'll keep wearing her down :-) Looking forward to meeting you in Erie, though.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

What date in June? Weekend?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Fwiw, I played Blackstone national this morning and it was fantastic. Might bd my favorite course.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I think the best option is July 19th. Plus/minus one week if we really have to. But put that in your calendars, and I can start making arrangements with the course.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think the best option is July 19th. Plus/minus one week if we really have to. But put that in your calendars, and I can start making arrangements with the course.

If Colin is in, I'm in!

Christian

broseph, even if i cant go you should DEFINITELY still go...

I would but I'm in the mood to arrive in style!

Christian

I would but I'm in the mood to arrive in style!

If I send you a piece of coal, can you bring me the diamond at the get together?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

If I send you a piece of coal, can you bring me the diamond at the get together?

You're just all about the bling, aren't you? :(

Christian

You're just all about the bling, aren't you? :(

It gets worse before it gets better... Turn that from upside down my little buckeroo...

It gets worse before it gets better... Turn that from upside down my little buckeroo...

I don't think he gets it...

Colin P.

I can't go this time, sorry guys. Between the Erie outing and the 5SK clinic, I've used all my brownie points for a while.

Bill

My Swing Thread

I don't think he gets it...

He may not. It is an American reference.

Note: This thread is 2734 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!