IGNORED

TST Mid-Atlantic Outing

dsc123
Note: This thread is 3500 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

The next obvious question is how do I join a group, haha

Click the "Join" button. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's a link to the group page: http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/18/new-england-golfers

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Here's a link to the group page: http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/18/new-england-golfers

Are you trying to poach from the Mid-Atlantic, @jamo ?

http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/86/mid-atlantic-golfers

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Are you trying to poach from the Mid-Atlantic, @jamo ? [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/86/mid-atlantic-golfers]http://thesandtrap.com/groups/show/86/mid-atlantic-golfers[/URL]

:-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Click the "Join" button. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

I was posting from my phone last night and I couldn't see anywhere to join the group.

Worked now that I'm on a computer, though, thanks!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

So count me in... I'm partial to a trip to Glenn Mills, but selfishly so, its about a half hour drive for me :)

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

It looks like we've got 5 locals so far, with 3 out of towners possibly interested.

1. Dsc123 (Rockville MD)
  2. Jsgolfer (Fairfax, VA)
  3. Kregan (Howard Cty, MD)
  4. randallT (VA, west of DC)
  5. divotdave (Philadelphia, PA)

It looks like something in the Baltimore area would be central to everybody.  I dont know any courses in that area.  Actually, Bulle Rock is pretty much the midpoint between Phildalephia and Fairfax, but I think jsgolfer said that's too far for him.

Other than that, we could go with the the Frederick, MD area, such as Whiskey Creek or Worthington Manor.  That's about 2.5 hours from Philadelphia, though.

Anyone know the Baltimore area?  I went to college there but didn't play golf then.

It also looks like the only dates in April in may that haven't been nixed yet are April 5-6 and May 10-11.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I'm ok with Bulle Rock. It was ranked the no. 1 public course in the state in 2012. Plus its a fair distance between the two extremes (Philadaelphia and Fairfax).

As far as dates go, I'd prefer the April option, but will suck it up for the team if everyone decides May.

IN MY BAG

• Administrator

I'm ok with Bulle Rock. It was ranked the no. 1 public course in the state in 2012. Plus its a fair distance between the two extremes (Philadaelphia and Fairfax).

As far as dates go, I'd prefer the April option, but will suck it up for the team if everyone decides May.

FWIW, I do happen to know some folks at some decent courses along the east coast. Philly area, New Jersey… etc. Just keep that in mind y'all.

http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php (got another going to Metedeconk soon).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Cool.  I'd lean towards the earlier date, but either works for me.  Geographically I'm sort of in between everyone, so I'll defer to those traveling more on the location.  I have wanted to play Bulle Rock for some time.  I think its pricey and might require caddies?

FWIW, I do happen to know some folks at some decent courses along the east coast. Philly area, New Jersey… etc. Just keep that in mind y'all.

http://purestrike5sk.com/instructors.php (got another going to Metedeconk soon).

Great, thanks!  It looks like we're trending further south based on the current participants, but definitely something to keep in mind.  Didn't you say you know the pro at Congressional, too? :-D

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I'm all for it :dance: (for obvious reasons)

Actually, I'm hoping to link up with one of the instructors on that list (John Dunigan) some time this season for lessons. I've watched a lot of his videos and he seems like a great guy.

IN MY BAG

Cool.  I'd lean towards the earlier date, but either works for me.  Geographically I'm sort of in between everyone, so I'll defer to those traveling more on the location.  I have wanted to play Bulle Rock for some time.  I think its pricey and might require caddies?

I've read thru a number of reviews online... it seems that caddies are optional... but I'm not 100% certain of that. A number of reviewers considered it pricey and rather difficult. I'm up for the challenge, but its worth considering everyone's abilities as well... if it makes sense to spend that much money and end up with a very frustrating round. Just something to consider

IN MY BAG

I've read thru a number of reviews online... it seems that caddies are optional... but I'm not 100% certain of that. A number of reviewers considered it pricey and rather difficult. I'm up for the challenge, but its worth considering everyone's abilities as well... if it makes sense to spend that much money and end up with a very frustrating round. Just something to consider

The round at Bulle Rock is $130 after March 31, so that's a tad steep for me on my budget. If everyone else is up for it, I'd still attend, of course, but maybe there's something else that's nice that works for us.

Worthington Manor is $69. Nice photos here-->http://www.worthingtonmanor.com/aboutus/coursephotos/

Hard to tell what Whiskey Creek prices are, since it only shows prices and availability for 2 weeks out (not sure why they make it so hard to see In Season rates). I think greens fees at Whiskey Creek are a little less than Bulle Rock and more than Worthington Manor, but hard to tell.  Front nine photos here--> http://www.whiskeycreekgolf.com/frontnine . Back nine: http://www.whiskeycreekgolf.com/backnine

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I organized a tournament at Whiskey Creek in Sept 2012 that cost $79 per player.  That was a discounted rate for a group of 25, so we might not qualify for a discount, and the prices may have changed anyway.  It was a beautiful course.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

I organized a tournament at Whiskey Creek in Sept 2012 that cost $79 per player.  That was a discounted rate for a group of 25, so we might not qualify for a discount, and the prices may have changed anyway.  It was a beautiful course.

Both. Worthington and Whiskey Creek are really good, as for Baltimore area courses, I used to live in Odenton MD and Greystone and Diamond Ridge are very nice, Gregstone is one of my favorite Baltimore County courses. Bulle Rock is really expensive but is th number 1 course in MD so if it worked for Evonne I. Would play. Pilgrims Oak golf course. In Peach Bottom PA is another favorite of mine. Just over the MD line not far from the Conowingo Dam.i've also played a course in Lancaster and York PA that we nice but it has been 20 years and my memory is going.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I'm interested in playing, although, honestly, with all kids activities on the weekends the odds of me actually making it aren't too great.  I normally play the munis in Montgomery County.  Falls Road the most, along with Redgate, Northwest Park, and Needwood.

Of the courses mentioned, Whiskey Creek is really nice.  Little Bennett and Worthington are very good too.  I played Westfield once, but it wasn't very memorable.

And I've played the Gold course at Congressional :)

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

So in the interest of reaching a decision, I'm going to cast my vote for Bulle Rock. Its pricey, true, and difficult, true, but its a fair location. Whiskey Creek sounds great and all, but it almost doubles my commute from philadelphia.

IN MY BAG

Note: This thread is 3500 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!