IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sum Ting Wong

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've now been in Miami for a year & a half, having moved here from Orlando.

And the longer I am here, the weirder this place gets. It is truly its own country.

On my Facebook page, I periodically post "Miami Moments," where the Gringo in me just kinda goes slack-jawed at the insane awesomeness of this place

For example: I encountered this the other day. Apparently the driver was trying to let everyone around him know he was learning how to drive a stick-shift. Nice of him to be bi-lingual about it:

And then there's this shot from my office building, looking to the east -

Beautiful view of the American Airlines Arena, Freedom Tower, the Port of Miami & in the distance, South Beach. But note the building in the foreground & what is written on the side -

"We live in a rainbow of chaos"

That's Miami.

• Upvote 1

And the longer I am here, the weirder this place gets. It is truly its own country.

On my Facebook page, I periodically post "Miami Moments," where the Gringo in me just kinda goes slack-jawed at the insane awesomeness of this place

For example: I encountered this the other day. Apparently the driver was trying to let everyone around him know he was learning how to drive a stick-shift. Nice of him to be bi-lingual about it:

Beautiful view of the American Airlines Arena, Freedom Tower, the Port of Miami & in the distance, South Beach. But note the building in the foreground & what is written on the side -

That's Miami.

That is a pretty cool view.  Do you get to look at that all day?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

Saw this on the way home from Medina, OH.

Reminded me of this…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Saw this on the way home from Medina, OH.

Reminded me of this…

You know that thing is really powered by a Chinese man with pedals, right?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

That's Miami.

A good buddy of mine lives on Fisher Island, he has some great storys of Miami Beach during his ventures off the island. apparently some crazy shit happens there at night.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Saw this on the way home from Medina, OH. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103588/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103589/] [/URL] Reminded me of this…

@iacas You should have shot me a PM! I'm 5 minutes from 271/71. Play a quick 9 next time you're in town?

A good buddy of mine lives on Fisher Island, he has some great storys of Miami Beach during his ventures off the island. apparently some crazy shit happens there at night.

Fisher Island is high-rent country. Your friend must be doing pretty well. I think that's where Gloria Estefan lives.

One area I have not explored yet is South Beach, for a few reasons - one, it's just a pain in the ass to get to, having to cross the MacArthur Causeway then find overpriced parking somewhere within the same county. Lots of construction on the island makes driving around there nuts. Two, it's a late-night crowd. I was asking one of my coworkers about it when I first started here & he said, "Oh you can find a parking spot. Just be sure to get there before midnight." I'm like dude, at midnight I'm already back home!

Here's an example of a Miami Moment that I alluded to -

One day I was looking for my bank by walking down Flagler Ave in downtown. I knew it was nearby, but couldn't quite find it. So I asked a valet parking guy, who is Hispanic, "Excuse me, I'm looking for the Wells Fargo. I know it's close."

He looks at me, then his watch & says, "Close...close...no, dey open."

Our 8 year old guinea pig is having "upper respiratory" problems. $120 at the vet later..... Do you know how many freaking guinea pigs you can get for $120?! :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Our 8 year old guinea pig is having "upper respiratory" problems. $120 at the vet later..... Do you know how many freaking guinea pigs you can get for $120?! :doh:

Is 8 old for a guinea pig? I have no point of reference here.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Is 8 old for a guinea pig? I have no point of reference here.

Apparently so. They had every vet and tech in the office in there to see the ancient guinea pig. No surprise, they (we have 2) get fed better than I do!

In David's bag....

I hate vets and pet medicine in general. I have two glaucoma dogs. Have been buying eye drops for them for seven years or so at $400 a month. One dog had $2000 CCL surgery. The female has a prosthetic eye, that set me back $3000 and a year later she needed laser surgery at $1800. All in all I estimate I've spent around $40000 on them. They've started peeing in my house. Not sure why we have a custom dog door built into the sliding glass door. I had to tear out the carpet on the lower level and install flooring because they trashed it. Last night it escalated to poop in the house. A few months ago I asked the vet about euthanasia he acted like I was a mass murderer. He wants me to collect urine samples and take them in for testing. I flat out told him I have no more money to spend on the dogs. They're 11 and 13.

Dave :-)

Ouch! :-O You should have a dog like ours. She's 9, and according to my wife, is never going to die! The things we do for our animals.....

In David's bag....

I blame the vets. They set up you up, in my case they didn't disclose that one problem may lead to another later. After spending so much they aren't just pets but an investment. I had reason to euthanize both at times but the vets tell you do this and spend that and the dog will be okay. When something else comes up you take them back in the and then the vet says yeah this happened because of that other thing. Sounds silly but I clearly remember thinking I had to continue because I already spent so much. I should probably stay home more. I wouldn't doubt the soiling problem is them trying to tell me they need more attention. I've been golfing dang near every day for a month or so. Feels like I am at the course more than home, just eat and sleep there.

Dave :-)

Apparently so. They had every vet and tech in the office in there to see the ancient guinea pig. No surprise, they (we have 2) get fed better than I do!

:-P

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

:-P

You think I'm kidding..... They get fed twice a day. Romaine lettuce (no stinkin' iceberg for our rats), fresh red/yellow bell peppers, carrots, or cucumber. They have hay and pellet kibble available all day. I probably spend $15-$20 a week....close to $1,000 a year, to feed 2 rodents! :doh:

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 3249 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!