IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know what you do in your job that requires jumping around like a ninja, but it sounds much more exciting than mine.

I'm an IT guy, and it frequently requires high front snap kicks. If you aren't beating up on your users, ur doin it wrong. :-D

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

My job does not require suits.  If I wore one, it would be out of place.

That being said, my typical work attire is a pair of nice jeans or khakis and a polo.  I often wear my True Linkswear shoes.  Kind of neat/casual look.  At times though, I will wear a dressier pair of pants, a button shirt, and dress shoes.  I would wear this when going to to a pre-con meeting with a new general for a larger commercial job and want to make a good first impression.  It definitely does pick up my self confidence as well.

I am a firm believer in the saying "look good, feel good - feel good, play good"

My job doesn't require a suit by any means. I didn't wear the jacket but the pants and vest with a tie together made for a pretty nice look. As an IT guy I was way overdressed. That said, most of the time my job doesn't require any physical work so I can get away with dressing like this. Otherwise I wear a polo or dress shirt and dress pants.

I don't know, maybe the pocket watch was a bit too much, but hey, it was a gift from the kids for father's day.

Sharp!!!!!!

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

My job does not require suits.  If I wore one, it would be out of place.

That being said, my typical work attire is a pair of nice jeans or khakis and a polo.  I often wear my True Linkswear shoes.  Kind of neat/casual look.  At times though, I will wear a dressier pair of pants, a button shirt, and dress shoes.  I would wear this when going to to a pre-con meeting with a new general for a larger commercial job and want to make a good first impression.  It definitely does pick up my self confidence as well.

I am a firm believer in the saying "look good, feel good - feel good, play good"

My job doesn't require a suit by any means. I didn't wear the jacket but the pants and vest with a tie together made for a pretty nice look. As an IT guy I was way overdressed. That said, most of the time my job doesn't require any physical work so I can get away with dressing like this. Otherwise I wear a polo or dress shirt and dress pants.

I don't know, maybe the pocket watch was a bit too much, but hey, it was a gift from the kids for father's day.

Sharp!!!!!!

Ditto!

I was also going to say if you add a Stetson hat to the watch chain, you could run for Sheriff in Tombstone, AZ. :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm an IT guy, and it frequently requires high front snap kicks. If you aren't beating up on your users, ur doin it wrong.

Each kick is punctuated with, "You will not ask stupid questions!"

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Ok, enough about Christmas. Yes I'm a grinchy type guy. I bought my first fitted suit recently. Have to say, it certainly picks up my self confidence to be dressed so nicely. I've been kicking around the idea of picking up more. Anyone else have jobs that they can/do wear suits fairly often?

I wear either jeans or khakis and a polo or a button-down shirt. And sneakers. The only people I ever see in a suit are either interviewing for a job or giving a presentation.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I wear either jeans or khakis and a polo or a button-down shirt. And sneakers.

The only people I ever see in a suit are either interviewing for a job or giving a presentation.

Most common question I got was "do you have an interview?"

Was fun to mess with my boss, after playing into it a bit acting like I had "an important meeting after work" I told her I was just kidding. She said, "I was going to go out and flatten all 4 of your tires!" I guess she doesn't want me going anywhere.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

[QUOTE name="CarlSpackler" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/666#post_1086039"]   I'm an IT guy, and it frequently requires high front snap kicks. If you aren't beating up on your users, ur doin it wrong. :-D [/QUOTE] Each kick is punctuated with, "You will not ask stupid questions!"

Being a user, it goes both ways.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

To quote South Park: There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Though people don't find that particularly funny when you say that to them ;-)

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

To quote South Park: There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Though people don't find that particularly funny when you say that to them

Some people get a little weird about jokes and tend to take things the wrong way...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Some people get a little weird about jokes and tend to take things the wrong way...

What? I've never seen that happen, EVER! :-O

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Yay me won 200 playing lotto.

Nice, always good to see someone actually win something.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Nice, always good to see someone actually win something.

I play every week. Spending less than I once did, about $26 a week, but a few years ago I hit 20K. In the last 10 years or so I estimate I've won around 35K so I am up.

Dave :-)

Yay me won 200 playing lotto.

Scratch-offs or pick-its? I know a guy who gambles for fun. He bought a book of scratch-offs once ($300) and won $75.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Scratch-offs or pick-its?

I know a guy who gambles for fun. He bought a book of scratch-offs once ($300) and won $75.

I play the number draw lottery games but mostly the games with the best odds. Consistency is the key for me. I spend the most money on the games that are 1 in 200000 or better. Not because I expect to hit the biggest prize but because the payout on the 1 in 50 and 1 in 1500 is enough that I usually break even every couple of weeks. The max prize on the game I spend the most on is 20K with one draw but you can play the same numbers as many times as you want. I play 3 lines of the same numbers two times. Matching 3 of 5 of the numbers 1 through 32 pays $10 on a $1 ticket and the odds are 1 in 57. The 3 lines are $3 and I match 3 often for $30. The people that get killed are the ones chasing Powerball. The odds suck on that game and it seems the people that win are the ones that randomly spend a dollar they found in the dryer.

Dave :-)

All this rain and not enough snow on the slopes!

Mt. Baldy

Dec 18, 9am:

Last night we had a successful night of making snow. We had up to 10 fan guns running in the Gulch for most of the night and as a result we will open Lift #2 Friday morning for skiing and snowboarding in our beginners area as well scenic rides to the Top of the Notch restaurant and snow tubing.

Saturday morning we have decided to open Thunder Mountain for our die hard expert locals. Coverage on Thunder is extremely thin in areas so expect to hit many rocks, however where its good it will be some fun shredding. Look for an update later today and tomorrow with more info regarding where the best coverage will be.

See you on the mountain and don't forget your rock skis and board.

"Rock Skis" mean skis with so much ptex on the bottom they don't actually have any of the original material left on them.  / :mad: \

Oh well, back to golf. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I play the number draw lottery games but mostly the games with the best odds. Consistency is the key for me. I spend the most money on the games that are 1 in 200000 or better. Not because I expect to hit the biggest prize but because the payout on the 1 in 50 and 1 in 1500 is enough that I usually break even every couple of weeks. The max prize on the game I spend the most on is 20K with one draw but you can play the same numbers as many times as you want. I play 3 lines of the same numbers two times. Matching 3 of 5 of the numbers 1 through 32 pays $10 on a $1 ticket and the odds are 1 in 57. The 3 lines are $3 and I match 3 often for $30.

Odds are, I'd still lose. I generally don't win random draw prizes.

The people that get killed are the ones chasing Powerball. The odds suck on that game and it seems the people that win are the ones that randomly spend a dollar they found in the dryer.

That's about the only time I'll play the lottery. If the jackpot is big, I'll spend a couple of bucks to throw my hat in the ring. I figure if some lucky fool is going to win, why shouldn't it be me?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3238 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!