IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Leaving for the Dominican Sunday morning on the 7am flight. We're going with a bunch of friends, 8 of us in total. One of our friends just called my wife, she can't find her passport...and then there were seven...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlSpackler

Besides that, I have yet to take a vaca or holiday where I don't have to field calls and work issues. It just goes with the territory.

Best part of my job. Not only do I not have to answer emails or calls at home, I physically (and I think legally) cannot. When I leave for the day, I'm done until the morning.

You're doing the right thing. Defense is usually like that.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Leaving for the Dominican Sunday morning on the 7am flight. We're going with a bunch of friends, 8 of us in total. One of our friends just called my wife, she can't find her passport...and then there were seven...

Have a great time man!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

[QUOTE name="Jeremie Boop" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/720#post_1088420"]   I mean, the audacity of Walmart wanting to let the workers go home! I remember when hardly anything was open on Christmas Eve, now more and more places are open on Christmas Day too... It disappoints me. [/QUOTE] Why does it disappoint you? These people work in retail. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law work at Wal-Mart. BIL had to go in last night at 8pm. He gets double pay and LIKES to do it. It's reasonably quiet, he's being paid, and by 8pm we'd been done "celebrating" for hours. Movie theaters do blockbuster business on Christmas day. What's wrong with that? I f you are forced to work on Christmas Day, odds are you have a shitty job. The world needs ditch-diggers, too.

HEY, what about Jews? They are all over having matchmaking parties while we have our Holy night. You tread on an insensitive line. There are so many things going on out there with different groups that I suspect you need me to redneck remind you of your global web position.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I worked in the restaurant business for over ten years. Working holidays really wasn't that bad. I made more money during the busy ones, like New Years Eve or Valentine's Day. Even the ones that weren't as busy are different and can be special occasions, too. On Thanksgiving, for example, we would have a special family meal. When I worked in the Japanese restaurant (run by Chinese people), Chinese New Year had a big fancy meal for the staff. You didn't get to spend a lot of time on the holidays with your family, but your co-workers are really like another family (mostly dysfunctional :-P), and that's special, too. I can't remember ever working Christmas Day, but my family gets together on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day was always just a lame day off where you couldn't go out because everybody I knew was busy and nothing was open. Good thing my in-laws do Christmas Day.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Have fun EJ. Don't forget to post some pics for those of is still stuck in the snow.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Wow. Bitcoin is sponsering the St Petersburg Bowl. BITCOIN...the choice of darkweb subtypes made bitcoin famous. Lol. Thats crazy.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

So Seth Rogen,the comedien actor in the movie " The Interview" shows up on Cspan while I am watching the various hearings held by congressional committees. The guy is a civic leader searching for support of Alzheimers disease. Excellent testimony. Thumbs up Seth!

Tom R.

I have spent the last 3 weekends going to the hospital.. First it was for all three of my kids, one of them ended up with a nubelizer and the other two with cough and cold medicine.. Second time the other kid ended up with a nubelizer and antibiotics, while the other two were cleared to stop taking what they were taken, and yesterday the two that were cleared last week are taking antibiotics and i have been going back and forth between them working on keeping their temps down. It's probably the change of weather going on, but I can't wait for this little phase to just go away and have healthy kids (all three of them)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I hope they get better quick. I know you just stop everything when a little one is ill.

Tom R.

I know how you feel @Abu3baid , I have kids with ear infections and some with strep throat. Not fun.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I know how you feel @Abu3baid , I have kids with ear infections and some with strep throat. Not fun.

I guess it is the season for it.. I hope your kids and others all get better soon!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I know how you feel @Abu3baid, I have kids with ear infections and some with strep throat.

Not fun.

Ugh. My daughter has a double ear infection and just got over a cold at the same time. My son's been constantly sick since he started preschool. Fun times :cry:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I have spent the last 3 weekends going to the hospital.. First it was for all three of my kids, one of them ended up with a nubelizer and the other two with cough and cold medicine.. Second time the other kid ended up with a nubelizer and antibiotics, while the other two were cleared to stop taking what they were taken, and yesterday the two that were cleared last week are taking antibiotics and i have been going back and forth between them working on keeping their temps down.

It's probably the change of weather going on, but I can't wait for this little phase to just go away and have healthy kids (all three of them)

It's been absolutely terrible lately. My 14 month old has been to the ER twice in the last week. Once was on Christmas Eve. It turns out that crapping blood wasn't that big of a deal. He has a terrible cold and a minor ear infection as well. This has been going on for 8 days now :pound:

I'm going to sound like a whiner....I was just telling my wife, I wish I could just have one day in the Caribbean right now...I only need one to refresh my soul a bit. Obviously a whole week would be amazing, but damn it, I'll just take one day. We haven't had a proper vacation since our honeymoon 3 years ago.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

I have spent the last 3 weekends going to the hospital.. First it was for all three of my kids, one of them ended up with a nubelizer and the other two with cough and cold medicine.. Second time the other kid ended up with a nubelizer and antibiotics, while the other two were cleared to stop taking what they were taken, and yesterday the two that were cleared last week are taking antibiotics and i have been going back and forth between them working on keeping their temps down.

It's probably the change of weather going on, but I can't wait for this little phase to just go away and have healthy kids (all three of them)

It's been absolutely terrible lately. My 14 month old has been to the ER twice in the last week. Once was on Christmas Eve. It turns out that crapping blood wasn't that big of a deal. He has a terrible cold and a minor ear infection as well. This has been going on for 8 days now

Better safe than sorry. I've been there and done that. Welcome to parenthood. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Better safe than sorry. I've been there and done that. Welcome to parenthood. . .

Yeah I was freaking out, apparently it has the possibility of being a bad thing, but the doctor took one look (after 3 hours of waiting) and just said, oh that...that's not that bad.

Joel Holden

Originally Posted by Crim

We haven't had a proper vacation since our honeymoon 3 years ago.

This will be our first real vacation in over 10 years. Driving to the maritimes every summer to visit the parents doesn't count. Kids are staying with Grandma. :beer:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

This will be our first real vacation in over 10 years. Driving to the maritimes every summer to visit the parents doesn't count. Kids are staying with Grandma.

WHOA! Talk about well deserved. I hope you have a fantastic time and indulge in many rum drinks with those mini umbrellas. My brother goes to Punta Cana every year...the pictures he takes are marvelous.

that's the difference between a "senior software engineer" (him), and "a guy that does odd jobs at a local television station." (me)

Joel Holden

Note: This thread is 3237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!