IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My Macro-Economics prof was a chief adviser to President Regan. I'm good.

Trickle down....... ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 3 in LA (Lower Alabama). I think I'm developing a southern dialect.

We say 3 days to pick up the accent and 30 days to lose it. I was on Kodiak Island walking down the street. A pretty woman was coming the other way. I said "Hi" and she said "Are you from Alabama?".

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

My award for worst company EVER goes to Comcast. Great job dolts you lost a customer in 6 days.

Do you have other cable options?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

43-0 !

Win 57-0 tonight. It was 42-0 at the end of the first quarter... One more game that should be slightly more challenging before the playoffs. Getting a little worried these games aren't getting us ready at all.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Win 57-0 tonight. It was 42-0 at the end of the first quarter...

One more game that should be slightly more challenging before the playoffs. Getting a little worried these games aren't getting us ready at all.

Congrats! :beer:

Sounds like you have quite a team.

Do you have other cable options?

Not sure just moved but I know I can get Dish. At this point would rather watch the wall than deal with Comcast. I moved in last Fri and took Sat off to get settled. I had a number of things to do, will-call furniture to pick up, return rental truck etc. and CC didn't show, my appt was 7-8AM. At 8:15 I called and got someone in CS in another country who told me a tech showed, knocked and determined I wasn't home. Uh no I was in my garage arranging the mountain of boxes and every door in the house was open as I scuttled from room to room. This went on for several hours each call resulting with a tech will be there within the hour. Seven times I called in seven hours and finally I said F it I'm done before they finally put me on with someone intelligent enough to understand the problem, the "loyalty" department. She assured me my account would be noted and a tech would show before 6PM and I would not be charged for the install.

In three days I received 3 bills each one more than the previous, a credit, a bill for zero and finally one for $263 for the install. Takes me 4 hours of dealing with the same low level dolts before finally I am as violent as you can be on the phone to get me back to the loyalty dept. Of course my account has no notes and nobody wants to help. In their system it says my install was scheduled 8-5PM to which I say BS. I find the confirmation email and forward it to the idiot I am speaking with as proof it was 7-8AM as well as the mail showing the estimate of fees, half of what they want to bill me. I get nothing, not a sorry, no adjustment just it is what it is so I say fine I will bring back your gear and you can disconnect my service.

This is the real pisser, they charged me $70 to initiate service in a home that already had service. I didn't even need help I could have installed my existing equipment in minutes but they insisted my boxes were obsolete and I would be required to connect with X1 or whatever their new product is. The tech that finally showed comes in with the same damn equipment I already have. When I asked he looks blank and says he's just a contractor but this is what they install. He was there 10 minutes, used my existing boxes and they want money for it and they bill one month in advance.

Dave :-)

Not sure just moved but I know I can get Dish. At this point would rather watch the wall than deal with Comcast. I moved in last Fri and took Sat off to get settled. I had a number of things to do, will-call furniture to pick up, return rental truck etc. and CC didn't show, my appt was 7-8AM. At 8:15 I called and got someone in CS in another country who told me a tech showed, knocked and determined I wasn't home. Uh no I was in my garage arranging the mountain of boxes and every door in the house was open as I scuttled from room to room. This went on for several hours each call resulting with a tech will be there within the hour. Seven times I called in seven hours and finally I said F it I'm done before they finally put me on with someone intelligent enough to understand the problem, the "loyalty" department. She assured me my account would be noted and a tech would show before 6PM and I would not be charged for the install. In three days I received 3 bills each one more than the previous, a credit, a bill for zero and finally one for $263 for the install. Takes me 4 hours of dealing with the same low level dolts before finally I am as violent as you can be on the phone to get me back to the loyalty dept. Of course my account has no notes and nobody wants to help. In their system it says my install was scheduled 8-5PM to which I say BS. I find the confirmation email and forward it to the idiot I am speaking with as proof it was 7-8AM as well as the mail showing the estimate of fees, half of what they want to bill me. I get nothing, not a sorry, no adjustment just it is what it is so I say fine I will bring back your gear and you can disconnect my service. This is the real pisser, they charged me $70 to initiate service in a home that already had service. I didn't even need help I could have installed my existing equipment in minutes but they insisted my boxes were obsolete and I would be required to connect with X1 or whatever their new product is. The tech that finally showed comes in with the same damn equipment I already have. When I asked he looks blank and says he's just a contractor but this is what they install. He was there 10 minutes, used my existing boxes and they want money for it and they bill one month in advance.

Wow. That sounds like a really ****ed up experience. I'm sorry man, that sucks. I hate cable companies. They're localized monopolies. Most people don't have alternative choices in their area for cable, so they know they've got you.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Not sure just moved but I know I can get Dish. At this point would rather watch the wall than deal with Comcast. I moved in last Fri and took Sat off to get settled. I had a number of things to do, will-call furniture to pick up, return rental truck etc. and CC didn't show, my appt was 7-8AM. At 8:15 I called and got someone in CS in another country who told me a tech showed, knocked and determined I wasn't home. Uh no I was in my garage arranging the mountain of boxes and every door in the house was open as I scuttled from room to room. This went on for several hours each call resulting with a tech will be there within the hour. Seven times I called in seven hours and finally I said F it I'm done before they finally put me on with someone intelligent enough to understand the problem, the "loyalty" department. She assured me my account would be noted and a tech would show before 6PM and I would not be charged for the install.

In three days I received 3 bills each one more than the previous, a credit, a bill for zero and finally one for $263 for the install. Takes me 4 hours of dealing with the same low level dolts before finally I am as violent as you can be on the phone to get me back to the loyalty dept. Of course my account has no notes and nobody wants to help. In their system it says my install was scheduled 8-5PM to which I say BS. I find the confirmation email and forward it to the idiot I am speaking with as proof it was 7-8AM as well as the mail showing the estimate of fees, half of what they want to bill me. I get nothing, not a sorry, no adjustment just it is what it is so I say fine I will bring back your gear and you can disconnect my service.

This is the real pisser, they charged me $70 to initiate service in a home that already had service. I didn't even need help I could have installed my existing equipment in minutes but they insisted my boxes were obsolete and I would be required to connect with X1 or whatever their new product is. The tech that finally showed comes in with the same damn equipment I already have. When I asked he looks blank and says he's just a contractor but this is what they install. He was there 10 minutes, used my existing boxes and they want money for it and they bill one month in advance.

Wow. That sounds like a really ****ed up experience. I'm sorry man, that sucks.

I hate cable companies. They're localized monopolies. Most people don't have alternative choices in their area for cable, so they know they've got you.

The only reason we got good customer service from Comcast was our neighbor across the street.  Her son is the VP of Customer Service for New England.  After exhausting all other routes, we got his card from his mom (sweet little old lady that we always shovel her driveway during snow storms).  We e-mailed the issue.  24 hours later, three crews showed up, fixed the problem and begged forgiveness.  It is sad that we had to resort to this.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

The only reason we got good customer service from Comcast was our neighbor across the street.  Her son is the VP of Customer Service for New England.  After exhausting all other routes, we got his card from his mom (sweet little old lady that we always shovel her driveway during snow storms).  We e-mailed the issue.  24 hours later, three crews showed up, fixed the problem and begged forgiveness.  It is sad that we had to resort to this.

Ha ha. I had to go a similar route. I found out the contact information for the VP of regional something-or-other (in Ohio, as we're serviced out of the "Northeastern Ohio" region). A day later the top tech and three managers were at my house, and spent a bunch of time answering questions.

Plus my blog posts on the topic were pretty highly ranked in search terms and stuff…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Jesus H. mother****ing Christ on rubber ****ing raft I hate this mother****ing piece of shit samsung phone with all my heart and soul. That is all.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Jesus H. mother****ing Christ on rubber ****ing raft I hate this mother****ing piece of shit samsung phone with all my heart and soul. That is all.

I'm going to upgrade to an iPhone. In November. Of next year :-X Mine's an LG, but I have problems with my phone, too. Ever since the Android upgrade my phones been running hot. Now there are dead spots on the screen. It's not even a year old.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Jesus H. mother****ing Christ on rubber ****ing raft I hate this mother****ing piece of shit samsung phone with all my heart and soul.

That is all.

Like I said, nothing is stopping you from getting your own damn phone. You don't HAVE to use your "work phone" for everything (particularly since you can't use it for much of anything…).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Like I said, nothing is stopping you from getting your own damn phone. You don't HAVE to use your "work phone" for everything (particularly since you can't use it for much of anything…).

It's not my work phone, it's my "unemployed phone", lol. I swear the POS is laughing at me every time I try to type something. I tried using the "predictive script" mode, but apparently samsung can't differentiate between English, Klingon and Shithead.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

We're having a classic New England Nor-Easter right now.  It had been raining lightly for two days, now we are getting a monsoon and high winds.  It must have rained 5 inches since midnight.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

We're having a classic New England Nor-Easter right now.  It had been raining lightly for two days, now we are getting a monsoon and high winds.  It must have rained 5 inches since midnight.

Don't float away man!

- Shane

Note: This thread is 3295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!