IGNORED

2014 WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Besides Tigers bad back, isn't his swing crap right now? I think I heard a pundit on TV say he is going through a swing change right now.(trying to shorten his backswing) I took it with a grain of salt, but no way he's gonna contend.

- Jered

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very excited about this one.

If Tiger isn't injured and can play, I see him contending, I get he hasn't yet this year, but comon, he isn't doing enough reps, he has barely played. If you play 2 tournaments, chances are you aren't going to win no matter who you are.

Rory should do well, don't know exactly what happened in final round last week, but playing really solid this year. The 3 wood to force playoff was one of the best shots I've ever seen.

Adam Scott and (I think Phil) are also in this one, so may also be solid contenders.

Looking forward to it.

I am not sure whether you are referring to my comments.  If so, I think we are saying the same thing.  Are we not?

:beer:

Either way, I am glad he is playing.  Love to see Tiger and Rory battle it out on the weekend.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I didn't know Scott had a chance to take over world #1 rank. What does he have to do? Win?

I'd like to see him do it!

Yes, he needs to win to take over #1. And at the same time Woods has to finish outside the top 6. I don't think that's very likely, considering he doesn't win that often on the PGA Tour (averages slightly less than 1 win a year). But I think it's likely that Woods doesn't finish very high up the board, I think he just wants to get in some rounds and see where that gets him.

Yes, he needs to win to take over #1. And at the same time Woods has to finish outside the top 6. I don't think that's very likely, considering he doesn't win that often on the PGA Tour (averages slightly less than 1 win a year). But I think it's likely that Woods doesn't finish very high up the board, I think he just wants to get in some rounds and see where that gets him.

But Scott has been playing his best golf of his career. He won the Masters, the Barclay's, Australian PGA, and Australian Masters. Not to mention his last 3 starts on the PGA Tour have been a T6, T8, and T12. He was T3 at Doral last year. I think he has a great chance of winning this event.

I am not sure whether you are referring to my comments.  If so, I think we are saying the same thing.  Are we not? :beer: Either way, I am glad he is playing.  Love to see Tiger and Rory battle it out on the weekend.

Yes, sorry missed your post. Great minds think alike I guess. Regarding Adam Scott: He is definitely in good form, sadly I would put him above Tiger this week unless his back is feeling better. Speith and Rory are the real money this year I think, judging by their performance so far.

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/live/

There goes my productivity!

You guys are ***holes!! :beer: (Crim for posting the link, and foursum for mentioning his lack of productivity, thus allowing me to know exactly what it was a link to before I even clicked on it ... and I have a lot of work I'm supposed to do today!) ;-)

What happened to Jason Day?

He did not start...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

What happened to Jason Day? He did not start...

WD with a thumb injury.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Little windy out in Miami eh?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Yeah I think there's a chance of storms too.

:censored:

I just looked at the forecast - some thunderstorms today....but when I see the temperatures....I think to myself. WTF AM I DOING IN CALGARY, ALBERTA

It's snowing outside my office right now...... :cry:

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

oooooooooooo I like that blue on Tiger. Looks frosty cool. Really hope his back holds up this weekend.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Hot start for Rory!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!