IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

By those criteria you must not be a fan of ~90%+ of PGA Tour golfers or almost any other athlete playing a major sport.

And you won't convince me that's the case, so…

What other professional golfer spits and swears as much as Woods does? I can't think of any. 90%? More like 9%.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/72993/tiger-woods-master-catch-all-thread-was-injury-thread/144#post_969495"] I can never understand why people hate someone because they are kickassed in their profession. Rick and the grumpy1 can't pass up a chance to take their personal vendetta to the forum. Look around, do you see a ton of other posters jumping on hating on the golfer they don't care for every time he is mentioned? Tiger is not the bad guy, it's the guy in the mirror friend...[/QUOTE] People don't hate him because he is really good. People hate him because he comes off as an arrogant person. He spits and uses profanity all the time on the course ([URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQfoTmffTO4]example[/URL]). I don't think the incident in 2009 helped with people's opinion towards him either.

Have you ever spit or cursed at any time in public? Cheated on anything? Stole music from the internet? What other golfer has cameras on them 100% of the time they are on the golf course?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

What other professional golfer spits and swears as much as Woods does? I can't think of any. 90%? More like 9%.

Ever watch baseball? Hockey? Football?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Have you ever spit or cursed at any time in public? Cheated on anything? Stole music from the internet?

Of course, but would I in front of hundreds of spectators (including impressionable children) and thousands of TV viewers? No. It would make me look like an *******.

Ever watch baseball? Hockey? Football?

I used to play high level hockey, and I do watch both hockey and football. They are entirely different sports, and being mean and aggressive is a part of the game.

I would also like to clarify that I personally don't hate Woods. I appreciate what he has done for the game of golf and I think that outweighs his negatives. But he's not my favourite player on tour, and I'm not going to defend his actions.

[QUOTE name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/72993/tiger-woods-master-catch-all-thread-was-injury-thread/162#post_969507"] Have you ever spit or cursed at any time in public? Cheated on anything? Stole music from the internet?[/QUOTE] Of course, but would I in front of hundreds of spectators (including impressionable children) and thousands of TV viewers? No. It would make me look like an *******.  [QUOTE name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/72993/tiger-woods-master-catch-all-thread-was-injury-thread/162#post_969508"] Ever watch baseball? Hockey? Football?[/QUOTE] I used to play high level hockey, and I do watch both hockey and football. They are entirely different sports, and being mean and aggressive is a part of the game.  I would also like to clarify that I personally don't hate Woods. I appreciate what he has done for the game of golf and I think that outweighs his negatives. But he's not my favourite player on tour, and I'm not going to defend his actions.

People are too engrossed in their interpretation of right and wrong. They also misconceive on how important they are. You hate him. We have never asked you to defend him but you are always there for the negative. It's like saying "I'm not racist but... " I guess kids don't go to hockey games or baseball games, or there's a special filter because it's expected there...

Of course, but would I in front of hundreds of spectators (including impressionable children) and thousands of TV viewers? No. It would make me look like an *******.

I used to play high level hockey, and I do watch both hockey and football. They are entirely different sports, and being mean and aggressive is a part of the game.

I would also like to clarify that I personally don't hate Woods. I appreciate what he has done for the game of golf and I think that outweighs his negatives. But he's not my favourite player on tour, and I'm not going to defend his actions.

Nobody is asking you to defend his actions.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

[QUOTE name="tmac20" url="/t/72993/tiger-woods-master-catch-all-thread-was-injury-thread/162#post_969511"]   Of course, but would I in front of hundreds of spectators (including impressionable children) and thousands of TV viewers? No. It would make me look like an *******.  I used to play high level hockey, and I do watch both hockey and football. They are entirely different sports, and being mean and aggressive is a part of the game.  I would also like to clarify that I personally don't hate Woods. I appreciate what he has done for the game of golf and I think that outweighs his negatives. But he's not my favourite player on tour, and I'm not going to defend his actions. [/QUOTE] Nobody is asking you to defend his actions.

Maybe you can understand this: We don't care if he shits the bed every night. We care about golf and love to see it when he plays like the Tiger we remember.

So I'm a hater because I have a few negative opinions about Tiger Woods? I have negative opinions about the golf course I play at, but does that mean I hate it? No. I'm just not one-sided. I have both positive and negative opinions about certain things and people. And as for the Hockey games and Baseball games, good luck hearing any profanity unless you're spending hundreds to sit in the front row near the bench. And also, it's expected. It's not expected to hear profanity on the golf course.

If I started boycotting people that didn't act in exactly the way I think they should act I wouldn't be able to watch any sports, listen to any music, or watch any TV and movies...Come to think of it I wouldn't be able to talk to very many people on the street. They aren't my life heroes and example setters. For those I look a lot closer to home. I just like watching them perform (especially the very best ones).

He spits and uses profanity all the time on the course

Haha, spits and profanity outweighs the good he has done for the game? Lol, wow.

If anything, this post gets points for comedic relief.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Gonna go way, way, wayyyyy out on a limb here and guess that Jason Dufner (and don't forget Keegan Bradley at Riviera a year or two ago) spit just a smudge more than Tiger. ;) Also, who's caddy was it last week that apparently thought he was auditioning for a Martin Scorcese film?? "If we just ducking hit the ducking 8 iron right into the middle of the mother ducking green ..."

I would just like to point out that all of my posts about Tiger are not negative. Here are some examples.

I wonder how much the Master's ratings will deteriorate if Tiger WD's. If he doesn't play, CBS better hope that Mickelson, McIlroy, Scott, and/or Bubba is close to lead after Saturday.

If you can remember, Woods won this event 2 years ago after withdrawing from the WGC Cadillac with an injury. Wouldn't be surprised if he won. He has won 4 of the last 5 at this event.

I actually think that [Tiger] has a good chance at winning the Masters this year, even if he plays poorly at Bay Hill. Why? Because 1) he will get plenty of time to fix his back issue and 2) there will be not nearly as much pressure for him to win if he's playing poorly.

It seems like all the recent major winners are players who haven't been performing their best up until that point. Adam Scott, Justin Rose, and Jason Dufner weren't having stellar seasons before winning their majors. Phil was the only exception. Maybe a mediocre start to Tiger's season will give him a better chance at winning a major. Call me crazy.

-----------------------

Haha, spits and profanity outweighs the good he has done for the game? Lol, wow.

If anything, this post gets points for comedic relief.

No, the other way around. I think the good he has done for the game outweighs his spitting and profanity. Re-read my post. Sorry if it was worded poorly.

[QUOTE name="tmac20" url="/t/72993/tiger-woods-master-catch-all-thread-was-injury-thread/144#post_969500"] He spits and uses profanity all the time on the course [/QUOTE] [QUOTE name="tmac20" url="/t/72993/tiger-woods-master-catch-all-thread-was-injury-thread/162#post_969511"] I would also like to clarify that I personally don't hate Woods. I appreciate what he has done for the game of golf and I think that outweighs his negatives . But he's not my favourite player on tour, and I'm not going to defend his actions. [/QUOTE] Haha, spits and profanity outweighs the good he has done for the game? Lol, wow.  If anything, this post gets points for comedic relief.

Read again. He said the good outweighs the bad. Edit: tmac beat me to it.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I would just like to point out that all of my posts about Tiger are not negative. Here are some examples.  ----------------------- No, the other way around. I think the good he has done for the game outweighs his spitting and profanity. Re-read my post. Sorry if it was worded poorly.

Still, noticing how often you see tiger do something you don't like without acknowledging that he's being shown to you 1000 times more often than any other player, and not taking that visibility discrepancy into account is just silly. It's faulty analysis, frankly.

Still, noticing how often you see tiger do something you don't like without acknowledging that he's being shown to you 1000 times more often than any other player, and not taking that visibility discrepancy into account is just silly. It's faulty analysis, frankly.

That's a good point, but I watch other tournaments where Tiger is not in the field, and have yet to see the same behavior as Woods. Examples of players whose on-course attitude I like are Brandt Snedeker and Matt Kuchar.

I would just like to point out that all of my posts about Tiger are not negative. Here are some examples.  ----------------------- No, the other way around. I think the good he has done for the game outweighs his spitting and profanity. Re-read my post. Sorry if it was worded poorly.

My apologies, I stand corrected. You didn't word it poorly, I read it poorly.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

That's a good point, but I watch other tournaments where Tiger is not in the field, and have yet to see the same behavior as Woods. Examples of players whose on-course attitude I like are Brandt Snedeker and Matt Kuchar.

Did you see my examples above? Dufner dips so you know he's hocking loogies left and right while he plays, and Keegan got blasted for it awhile back because he had made it part of his preshot routine. Tiger will drop a GD occasionally after a bad shot, but Everys caddy (now I remember) couldn't speak normally without sounding like Scarface. I'm not trying to defend Tigers behavior - I like guys like Kuck and Strick as well - but I just don't care that much, and I recognize he's under a much more magnified microscope than the rest.

Did you see my examples above?

Dufner dips so you know he's hocking loogies left and right while he plays, and Keegan got blasted for it awhile back because he had made it part of his preshot routine.

Tiger will drop a GD occasionally after a bad shot, but Everys caddy (now I remember) couldn't speak normally without sounding like Scarface.

I'm not trying to defend Tigers behavior - I like guys like Kuck and Strick as well - but I just don't care that much, and I recognize he's under a much more magnified microscope than the rest.

I will say that Dufner dips politely. I have never seen him spit on the fairway or green, and I watched the entire PGA Championship last year. I think he spits between holes, or when he's sure that he is not on camera. He also doesn't swear. I agree on Keegan; I don't like him much either, but again, I don't think he swears. And Every's caddie is not a PGA tour player. I'm sure he got talked to about that incident though.