IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

As soon as he starts hitting some bad shots he will grab his back and start limping and probably pull out.He may have been hurt but he definitely didn't show he was hurting until he got to number 9.If he was hurt then all hes gonna do is reaggravate it Thursday so I don't understand his thinking,.

Just because he hypothetically might have finished if he was in contention doesn't mean he was faking the injury.

very well said. Quit making sense.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What I'm saying is - he wasn't hurt at all. He was faking an "injury" because he was playing like crap, pure and simple. Of course he would have finished if he was playing well.  Why couldn't he simply be upfront and tell people why he really pulled out of the tournament?

I think Tiger Woods wants to make the Ryder Cup team. Pulling out because of an injury all but crippled his chances, giving Watson more reason not to pick him.

As soon as he starts hitting some bad shots he will grab his back and start limping and probably pull out.He may have been hurt but he definitely didn't show he was hurting until he got to number 9.If he was hurt then all hes gonna do is reaggravate it Thursday so I don't understand his thinking,.

Except he said today that therapy worked out the spams. The SI joint was out of whack and his physio helped "fix" it.

Also: at what point in his career has he ever shown a tendency to quit? He's missed ten cuts, for gods sake; he obviously competes his ass off. He won the US Open on a broken leg. When has he ever quit?

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Just because he hypothetically might have finished if he was in contention doesn't mean he was faking the injury.

Theoretically. But he hobbled off, looking like he was in pretty bad shape. Let's at least agree on that. Today, not so much when he teed off in his practice round. I like Tiger, but I don't like what I'm seeing when he does this nonsense. Let's agree to disagree on this one Jamo.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

I think he was playing it up or faking it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Sometimes I think this forum is overrun by kids or trolls, or at least adults with the reasoning capacity of a child. Faking an injury? To what end? Because he's playing like crap? This must be the first time he played like crap then. SMH

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Sometimes I think this forum is overrun by kids or trolls, or at least adults with the reasoning capacity of a child. Faking an injury? To what end? Because he's playing like crap? This must be the first time he played like crap then. SMH

You can disagree with others without being so petty and insulting in your response. It's actually OK for people to have different points of view and opinions on things. Adults are typically very comfortable with this concept. It's more troubling when some people feel compelled to respond to those that don't hold their point of view in a way that basically attempts to characterize those positions as ignorant or infantile. Of course, I'm presuming that is what you meant with your "reasoning capacity of a child" comment.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Thanks for your facts against the argument.

Can't really say there are facts on the side of "tiger is a quitter" argument.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Honestly I would normally not say he is a quitter but there has been some questions in the past but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. This time I am very skeptical. The cause of injury didn't look real and progression was suspect. He may have been injured slightly and played it up to get out of Dodge. The extent of pain he was showing is just not consistent with walking back on the course a few days later. I just have my doubts about the validity of the injury or he is on borrowed time and will have problems with tournament play.

Honestly I would normally not say he is a quitter but there has been some questions in the past but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. This time I am very skeptical. The cause of injury didn't look real and progression was suspect. He may have been injured slightly and played it up to get out of Dodge. The extent of pain he was showing is just not consistent with walking back on the course a few days later. I just have my doubts about the validity of the injury or he is on borrowed time and will have problems with tournament play.

Or he was just suffering from back spasms.

Riley

You can disagree with others without being so petty and insulting in your response. It's actually OK for people to have different points of view and opinions on things. Adults are typically very comfortable with this concept. It's more troubling when some people feel compelled to respond to those that don't hold their point of view in a way that basically attempts to characterize those positions as ignorant or infantile. Of course, I'm presuming that is what you meant with your "reasoning capacity of a child" comment.

I have no problem disagreeing with a different perspective, as you said, it's what adults do. I also have no problem calling out ridiculously baseless, or troll-ish comments

You got as much as facts as you presented.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Or he was just suffering from back spasms.

Think this happens because...?

Think this happens because...?

You know, I have no experience with back injuries and do not have a PHD. So i'm not going to comment further. It was just speculation.

Riley

The fact that there was no visual indication of pain when Tiger hit the shot that supposedly injured him. The fact that his doctor was insane enough to let him play 3 days after looking like he had a knife in his back. The fact that he looked healthy as ever today on the range and course. I think he was milking it. Edit: @Valleygolfer pretty much summed up my post in a previous comment.

• Upvote 1

He departed the course on the 9th hole. That is a fact, and is the definition of quitting. The reason is what might be open for debate. It is suspicious. The shot that supposedly injured him had no apparent effect. On the 9th hole he suddenly can't walk. His caddy stormed off down the fairway like he had no clue Tiger was hurting. Tiger returns to the course three days later like nothing happened. On the other hand, some of the shots he hit on the front nine were so bad that something had to be seriously wrong. Shots falling 40 and 50 yards short and well off line. As if he couldn't rotate his hips at all. It's suspicious. Certainly not enough evidence to convince me that he cheated in this case.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

He departed the course on the 9th hole. That is a fact, and is the definition of quitting. The reason is what might be open for debate.

It is suspicious. The shot that supposedly injured him had no apparent effect. On the 9th hole he suddenly can't walk. His caddy stormed off down the fairway like he had no clue Tiger was hurting. Tiger returns to the course three days later like nothing happened.

On the other hand, some of the shots he hit on the front nine were so bad that something had to be seriously wrong. Shots falling 40 and 50 yards short and well off line. As if he couldn't rotate his hips at all.

It's suspicious. Certainly not enough evidence to convince me that he cheated in this case.

Yeah, because that's the contextual definition of the word "quitter" we were using.

He had no history of "quitting" in a round. None. Zip. Zero.

How is it suspicious? He played just as badly at the British and didn't withdraw. He's one of the most competitive athletes of our time. He's constantly talked about needing reps to get better. He's obsessed with being the best player ever. Where in that knowledge of his character is even a seed of doubt of his quitting because he's playing poorly?

This whole argument is ridiculous.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag