IGNORED

Popular Golfers Who You Can't Stand

ztexz
Note: This thread is 3675 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like Snedeker, like the way he hits the ball, like the way he gets on with it.

I dislike Poulter but essentially for the same reason that I dislike Westwood. Both of these guys are 'happy with their lot'. There's no will to work on their game, they've made their money and they like flaunting it. Here's an example: right now on Twitter, Poulter is tweeting pics of his family holiday from the Albany Estate in the Bahamas. He tweeted pics of his Ferrari at the airport, his NetJet flight, the dinner, the pool...and that's great. That winds up the haters. I just think...no drive. Masters is on in two weeks, you are pissing in the wind. Selling the IJP Golfwear / clown suits seem more important to him. Sure he's got a charity and he's raising money for that...but that's a tax write-off that he's encouraged to do by PWC.

I find that irritating. McIlroy is beginning to go down that route a bit, but the kid has so much natural talent, he can (at this point in time) get away with it.

Westwood just drives me insane. If they ever invented a drinking game whereby you had to skull one every time Westwood was putting for par in the last round of a major, you better have a good stomach pump ready if you had to destroy a brewski if he misses.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

The TV producers have said that they show so much of Bradley's OCD and Na's yips because they are never sure when the guys are going to take a swing so they switch over too early and usually end up catching the whole routine.

Not sure if I buy that, because they could always broadcast those shots in delay.  They do it frequently anyway ("This just earlier" or "this just a moment ago," even though it's all "earlier/a moment ago" by the time it gets to our screens).  So why not just plan on doing it with the problem children?

Perhaps they're broadcasting this way intentionally, so we get to share in a little of the atmosphere of what's going on there?  (I.e., so we get to share in the frustration of watching them play.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure if I buy that, because they could always broadcast those shots in delay.  They do it frequently anyway ("This just earlier" or "this just a moment ago," even though it's all "earlier/a moment ago" by the time it gets to our screens).  So why not just plan on doing it with the problem children?

Perhaps they're broadcasting this way intentionally, so we get to share in a little of the atmosphere of what's going on there?  (I.e., so we get to share in the frustration of watching them play.)

Could be since the commentators never seem to miss a chance to make a comment about it.

Joe Paradiso

I like Snedeker, like the way he hits the ball, like the way he gets on with it.

I dislike Poulter but essentially for the same reason that I dislike Westwood. Both of these guys are 'happy with their lot'. There's no will to work on their game, they've made their money and they like flaunting it. Here's an example: right now on Twitter, Poulter is tweeting pics of his family holiday from the Albany Estate in the Bahamas. He tweeted pics of his Ferrari at the airport, his NetJet flight, the dinner, the pool...and that's great. That winds up the haters. I just think...no drive. Masters is on in two weeks, you are pissing in the wind. Selling the IJP Golfwear / clown suits seem more important to him. Sure he's got a charity and he's raising money for that...but that's a tax write-off that he's encouraged to do by PWC.

I find that irritating. McIlroy is beginning to go down that route a bit, but the kid has so much natural talent, he can (at this point in time) get away with it.

Westwood just drives me insane. If they ever invented a drinking game whereby you had to skull one every time Westwood was putting for par in the last round of a major, you better have a good stomach pump ready if you had to destroy a brewski if he misses.

You just did! :dance:

He is such a good player, but always seems to tighten up in the back nine of the last round of majors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Shocked of how few mentions were made of the 'man in Red'.  However, I'll add in one more for Bubba with Keegan trying to chase him down the backstretch.

Hard to pick him when he said yesterday that he's still unsure if he'll even play.  I can't imagine him winning at the Masters if he doesn't even know if he'll be well enough to play a couple weeks before the event.

• Administrator

Hard to pick him when he said yesterday that he's still unsure if he'll even play.  I can't imagine him winning at the Masters if he doesn't even know if he'll be well enough to play a couple weeks before the event.

You seem to have confused what thread you were in… :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

None really. There are some things about certain golfers I don't like. Furyk backing off on putts and Bradley going through his rocking motion when standing behind his golf ball. But both seem like good guys so I like them fine other than their quirkey traits.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

i tend to dislike the fat players.  carl petterson, tim herron, de jonge, stadler...etc.  yes, i am that shallow.

Colin P.

Never really saw Pat Perez on TV before, but his recent run of good form has been more than enough to convince me that he's a ****ing schmuck.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Never really saw Pat Perez on TV before, but his recent run of good form has been more than enough to convince me that he's a ****ing schmuck.

He was more likeable when his game wasn't as good.  He's been working with a new coach that uses a lot of Trakman data and it appears he's gotten much more serious about his game.  His brother Mike was a contestant on Big Break and Pat was a guest during that season.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3675 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!