IGNORED

First time using 3 wood hit ball 300+ yards

GITrDONE
Note: This thread is 6091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You are officially my hero. Somebody wake this guy up.

I took it that Elsfan was just being funny, to go along with the thread of hitting a 3w over 300yds....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your course not give out scorecards? How can a hole be 350-400 yards?

It's like that commercial, where the guy says he shot "around" a 75, the next quote is "Hey Bill can a guy shoot around a 75?"

Bill says no.

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

SO if this hole was 305-400 and you were 10-20 yds off the green then this shot was possibly.............

Hm hitting a 3 wood farther than your driver isnt unheard of.

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Burner Driver 460cc 9.5* Stiff
Three and Five Woods
Precise- 21* and 24* hybridsCCi Cast Irons-4-AW 52* and 56*/14 Vokey 60*/8and i play TP Black or ProV1

Hm hitting a 3 wood farther than your driver isnt unheard of.

most people (most people, not all) use their 3w over their D for placing purposes, better control, they are more accurate with it, not for distance

May I ask what 3-Wood you're using?
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

This guy is like the Carrot-Top of the sandtrap. Enjoyable in short bursts.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

In no way did any of this stuff happen for this guy. He's making all this shit up, trying to get a rise out of people, (which happened), and hes probably sitting back there laughing. I would bet he cant break 100, never even played from the championship tees that so called day he played golf, and probably never even got a new three wood in the mail. Hes basically full of shit.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

In no way did any of this stuff happen for this guy. He's making all this shit up, trying to get a rise out of people, (which happened), and hes probably sitting back there laughing. I would bet he cant break 100, never even played from the championship tees that so called day he played golf, and probably never even got a new three wood in the mail. Hes basically full of shit.

Welcome to the internet.

In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

this thread is meaningless without some swing videos.

If you believed everything on this board, you would believe that there is an inverse relationship between distance and handicap. It seems like the only people here who don't consistantly hit it 300 are the single digit handicaps.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

this thread is meaningless without some swing videos.

There was an interesting report that says the average guy who shoots between 90-95 drives the ball 192 yards on average. They overestimate they drive the ball by about 30 yards on average, with higher handicappers being twice as far off as lower handicappers. Six irons and wedges are over-estimated by 12 and 6 yards respectively.

It must be a macho thing, being able to move your golf ball great distances. Nothing appeals more to these kind of guys than busting long ball down the middle from the tips and hitting low raking iron shots into greens. I think everyone suffers from this to at least some degree (although it varies widely from almost non-existant, to the other end, the OP here). If I could hit 3 wood 300 yards every day of the week I would be on tour. Or at least in a long drive championship. I once hit a 3 wood - I hit a draw that landed on top of a hill and bounced on down into a lake, about 300 yards away... hitting 3 anyway. Actually, here's the report http://www.mediafire.com/?bv2hdtms43t Driving distance is on page 12.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

There was an interesting report - which I can upload if you want - that says the average guy who shoots between 90-95 drives the ball 192 yards on average. They overestimate they drive the ball by about 30 yards on average, with higher handicappers being twice as far off as lower handicappers. Six irons and wedges are over-estimated by 12 and 6 yards respectively.

i can't hit my 3 wood. so it just hangs out and talks to my hybrids in my bag that i don't use too much now.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Thanks Lamebums, course the naysayers will poo poo that report & state that since it came out in 05 & they have the latest & greatest driver which added 75 yds to their drive.

380yd 3 wood.... LOL. Someone needs to wake up this pillow biter. As strong and flexible as Tiger Woods. Sorry.... but no. I believe that you previously stated that you used to be a body builder. Every body builder I have ever seen has a very limited range of motion in everything they do, so how could you possibly say that you are as flexible as Tiger?

Now..... how long was that hole again? How do you not know the yardage of the hole you claim to have hit this monster 3 wood on? I'll break it down for ya. The card said 350, but that was from the tips and you were playing from the whites, so it was probably 290-320. What you thought was 20yds away from the green was more likely 60. So you hit about a 230-260yd 3 wood. Good job!!!!! Keep posting man...... you write some of the funniest things I have ever read. A little pee almost squirted out I was laughing so hard the first time I read your post.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

When I started out and couldn't score I did the same thing, I would take take solice in the fact that I thought I was hitting great drives, as in my mind, it gave me a base to play off of. However I was probably hitting 210 and thinking I was hitting 225. What ever some people need to hype themselves up, I guess we can just ignore it or laugh at it.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

I love GitRDone's posts because he knows how to make you all post.

His next thread will be about how he made seven putts all from 35 feet or more and you all will take the bait.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

Well, no one takes him seriously anymore, I don't think. And when the day comes in the distant future that he finally gets rid of his beginner's slice and finally hits the ball at least 220 yards, then no one will believe him by then.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

No, his next thread will be about how he has never missed a green in his life and never will.

In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!