IGNORED

2014 Valero Texas Open Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lefty being carted off the course w/ an "oblique muscle injury"......you folks who only watch the PGA tour when Lefty or TW are entered better 1) find some other golfers to root for or 2) find something else to do on your weekends other than watch PGA golf on the HDTV.    TW and Lefty aren't getting any younger and are breaking down, unfortunately.

Wow.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can you imagine a Masters without Tiger AND Phil? CBS would be on suicide watch. For those who love parity, you're getting it this year. Unfortunately, I am taking the opposite approach and find this year boring so far at best.

Can you imagine a Masters without Tiger AND Phil? CBS would be on suicide watch. For those who love parity, you're getting it this year. Unfortunately, I am taking the opposite approach and find this year boring so far at best.

I agree. I think both Tiger and Phil will end up playing though.

I doubt he's gonna sleep much tonight......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Do you guys think Bowditch can hang on to this lead? Kuchar the real danger. Perez could be bridesmaid again it seems.

Bad news on Phil.

i think Kuch is gonna catch him, just my gut feeling.

i think Kuch is gonna catch him, just my gut feeling.

We'll see if Bowditch can handle the pressure of being in the final group on Sunday.  I don't think it will help Bowditch or Kuchar that they will have Loupe in their group.  I was getting anxiety just watching his pre-shot routine.

Scary thought:  Loupe, Bradley and Na in the same group.

Joe Paradiso

We'll see if Bowditch can handle the pressure of being in the final group on Sunday.  I don't think it will help Bowditch or Kuchar that they will have Loupe in their group.  I was getting anxiety just watching his pre-shot routine.

Scary thought:  Loupe, Bradley and Na in the same group.

LOL..I agree re: Loupe. I'd rather watch Keegan, and that's sayin something..lol

Seriously, something has got to be done. One of these players needs to man up and confront these slow pokes and tell them to hurry the eff up or they're being left behind. Like literally, they will move on to the next hole without them.

Colin P.

Seriously, something has got to be done. One of these players needs to man up and confront these slow pokes and tell them to hurry the eff up or they're being left behind. Like literally, they will move on to the next hole without them.

It's getting to be an every week thing on the golf telecasts. Na, Bradley, JB Holmes, now this Loupe with the slow play. Very annoying to try

to watch.

I couldn't imagine having to play a round of golf with a guy going through all that before every swing.

It's getting to be an every week thing on the golf telecasts. Na, Bradley, JB Holmes, now this Loupe with the slow play. Very annoying to try

to watch.

I couldn't imagine having to play a round of golf with a guy going through all that before every swing.

If ONLY there were a rule governing the pace of play, then perhaps something could be done. But Finchem is just a powerless victim here, as he has no ability to assign, I dunno, penalty shots on people who fall off the clock.  If only!

But in all seriousness, I don't have a problem with guys taking some time to discuss a shot.  I get it: these are very, very difficult shots and there is a lot to consider.  But when they then take 7 or 8 practice swings and then back off the ball twice, it's too much.  Pick your shot, grab a club, and hit the damn ball.

They'll put in a shot clock once Tiger retires.

Gratuitous shot at Tiger - QUICK @everyone drink a beer!

This is an awesome game! :beer: We should play every sunday.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Gratuitous shot at Tiger - QUICK [COLOR=A52A2A]@everyone[/COLOR] drink a beer!  This is an awesome game! :beer:   We should play every sunday.

That wasn't meant to be a shot. It was meant to be a joke. :-D But there also is some truth to it. Once Tiger retires, they'll have to do something to spice up the game or their ratings will plummet.

But in all seriousness, I don't have a problem with guys taking some time to discuss a shot.  I get it: these are very, very difficult shots and there is a lot to consider.  But when they then take 7 or 8 practice swings and then back off the ball twice, it's too much.  Pick your shot, grab a club, and hit the damn ball.

I agree, I have no issue with the pro and caddie discussing club selection and shot shape but once that's decided go hit the ball.   Loupe takes at least 7 practice swings every shot, that's at least 550 swings per round, he must be exhausted after a round.

Joe Paradiso

I agree, I have no issue with the pro and caddie discussing club selection and shot shape but once that's decided go hit the ball.   Loupe takes at least 7 practice swings every shot, that's at least 550 swings per round, he must be exhausted after a round.

Ha ha! I haven't watched him play (thankfully). :loco:

Too bad golf doesn't have some kind of a balk rule after the second practice swing where a playing partner can consider him balking and go ahead and hit their own shot.

There was a guy in our group yesterday (when we were playing in a hurricane) that drove me nuts standing over the ball like a statue for 10 seconds before every shot. I'm thinking, Hell I'm cold, wet, and sick of this wind. Hit the damned ball so we can get out of here.

Loupe just addressed the ball 4 times.  Each time, he took at least 2 practice swings, and sometimes 3.  By my count, he took a total of 10 practice swings.

He then fanned it into a sand trap.

This is ridiculous.  I'm not sure I can watch this nonsense.

Note: This thread is 3650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!