IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dannnnnnng David, I'm more interested with what's going on around the flag!

MTV Cribs...Sand Trap Edition

Ha ha.  That's exactly what I was thinking.  What time are we starting the party Sunday??  I'm bring the pimento cheese sandwiches. :-P

Every year, the folks at Augusta National are giving more and more coverage.  A decade or so ago, you'd barely see any of the front nine - CBS would join the telecast as the leaders were near the turn. I remember when they first showed the early holes and thought how special it was to see those holes on the telecast. And over the last several Masters, you're getting more and more internet streams - the coverage of the range today has been outstanding and very worthwhile.  Watching all these streams is the next best thing to being there - in fact, there is so much that you see, hear that the folks sitting at the range don't even hear/have access to.

This is a great revelation for golf broadcasting.

I especially love the featured groups.  You get to see a full round of golf, every hole and shot.  Instead of the highlights that network TV chooses to show you.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Ha ha.  That's exactly what I was thinking.  What time are we starting the party Sunday??  I'm bring the pimento cheese sandwiches.

Why wait until Sunday?

Par 3 contest is in a few hours! :-P

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Looks like Phil had to pay up a whole $1 for missing a 7-foot putt!

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/phil-mickelson-forks-over-a-dollar-after-losing-bet-to-fan-at-masters-practice-040914

Looks like Phil had to pay up a whole $1 for missing a 7-foot putt!

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/phil-mickelson-forks-over-a-dollar-after-losing-bet-to-fan-at-masters-practice-040914

Lefty doesn't welch on his bets........

Haha, Adam Scott went with the wagyu steak too? Sweet! That was my pick:

Avocado, Mango, and Beet Salad with encrusted walnuts

Shark Fin Soup

Stone Crab claws

Wagyu Ribeye Steaks

Bluefin Tuna steaks

creamed spinach

grilled asparagus and zucchini marinated in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt

garlic mashed potatoes

Pumpkin Pie Crème brûlée

Not exactly the same, but pretty close. They can cost a few hundred dollars per pound.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, the pollen has been nuts down here.  I need a snow shovel to get rid of it.  A lot of people are going to really struggle with allergies out on the course.  Could affect some players too, I'd imagine.

You ain't kidding dude. My car looks like a pile of yellow dust with wheels. I can't even imagine how bad it is for people with allergies.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Dannnnnnng David, I'm more interested with what's going on around the flag!

MTV Cribs...Sand Trap Edition

Ha ha.  That's exactly what I was thinking.  What time are we starting the party Sunday??  I'm bring the pimento cheese sandwiches.

Why wait until Sunday?

Par 3 contest is in a few hours!

LOL.  It's Florida, you've gotta to have a pool, someplace to burn a steak, and a comfy place to sit, watch the Masters, and enjoy a nice scotch and cigar when the wife throws your sorry butt out of the house!

Come on over! :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

So who are your sleeper picks this week?

I'm going with Graham DeLaet, Marc Leishman, and Billy Horschel.

Not sure I'd call him a sleeper, but Angel Cabrera. Shows up every major it seems, particularly at Augusta. Also like Russel Henley.

Wow. I'm surprised he didn't go.  I guess I'm not surprised, but I bet if it were Mickelson, he would have made the trip to honor Scott.  I know that comment is going to be a lightning rod, but I don't care. Unless of course his surgery recovery would have prevented him from going, but all of you guys in the injury thread that have had the same surgery made it sound like you were doing backwards hand flips 4 days afterward, so I don't know. :-P

Wow. I'm surprised he didn't go.  I guess I'm not surprised, but I bet if it were Mickelson, he would have made the trip to honor Scott.  I know that comment is going to be a lightning rod, but I don't care. Unless of course his surgery recovery would have prevented him from going, but all of you guys in the injury thread that have had the same surgery made it sound like you were doing backwards hand flips 4 days afterward, so I don't know.

I agree.  I'm surprised.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Wow. I'm surprised he didn't go.  I guess I'm not surprised, but I bet if it were Mickelson, he would have made the trip to honor Scott.  I know that comment is going to be a lightning rod, but I don't care. Unless of course his surgery recovery would have prevented him from going, but all of you guys in the injury thread that have had the same surgery made it sound like you were doing backwards hand flips 4 days afterward, so I don't know.

I agree.  I'm surprised.

I'm not at all surprised.

A)  He just had surgery, the exact nature of which (recovery time) none of us know anything about.  He's surely not bed-ridden, but perhaps travel is a no-no?  We just don't know.

and

B)  He's Tiger Woods.  He pretty much does whatever he wants, no?

I don't know much about how often past champs attend the dinner, but I'm not all that surprised he didn't go. He just had back surgery.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I don't know much about how often past champs attend the dinner, but I'm not all that surprised he didn't go. He just had back surgery.

Huh? It's a dinner for the past champs!!  That's the whole point of the evening.  And I definitely said in my original post that maybe it's because of the surgery.  I don't know enough about the recovery to know if it's something he could have done.

Right.  Before people chastise him for not attending, I'd like to see the attendance list from past years for people in similar situations.

Also, I can't find Larry Mize or Mark O Meara in that picture.

Right.  Before people chastise him for not attending, I'd like to see the attendance list from past years for people in similar situations.

Also, I can't find Larry Mize or Mark O Meara in that picture.

O'Meara.  back right corner

They haven't posted the Billy Payne interview yet today on masters.org.  Anyone find a link to it somewhere else?  I know it already happened, but I missed it.

Note: This thread is 3679 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!