IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 2469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Rather than clutter up the threads about who is rounding into form, here is its own thread.

If you haven't voted already in the contest, that thread is here: .

Also, this thread should settle down a bit now, but is still relevant:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boring?  BORING?  Mike & Mike, Mad Dog Radio, etc etc how could these guys even use the word?  Did these sportscasters even watch the tournament, or did they tune in for the last 3 holes and expec

I'd like to make a suggestion to the Augusta people: Quickly write into your tournament by-laws a contingency tradition; if the son of a former winner wins the tournament, his dad gets to prese

It's not the weather, though, as you may expect ... But rather, Phil Mickelson is just starting his practice round. ;)

Regardless of the winner and storylines, Masters week is always great.  I think Tiger will end up playing, but I doubt that he contends. I feel like Scott, Day & McIlroy are good choices to be in contention as is Cabrera who always seems to be around the lead regardless of form coming in ! I don't see a first time appearance winner like some are predicting (Jordan Spieth & Patrick Reed), first timers don't have the best track records here.  Whoever can read greens the best and make the best game management decisions probably will end up winning.  Most majors are decided by the least mistakes and not the best shots.

I'm looking forward to The Masters this year for all the normal reasons + 1 more. I will finally be able to witness spring time this year. Not here where I live in the land of perpetual winter, but at least at Augusta!

this will be the first masters i ever follow. i've played golf casually for awhile now, but since i've started playing more serious i've gotten into surrounding myself with golf. I'm really hoping Bubba has a good showing, it really is anyones game though

I hope the cream of the crop comes to the top this Masters. The majors were awesome last year with the exciting finsihes and star power at the top. All four majors had star-studded leaderboards. This year's been kinda boring so far. Tiger's been out, Phil's been off, Rory and Adam seem to be taking Sundays off, Zach, G-Mac, Sneds and a lot of the other big guns have been cold of late....I'm hoping we get a great Masters and not a John Senden-Matt Every Sunday showdown.

Every year I gather with good friends and we watch Masters Sunday together, doesn't get much better! BY FAR my favorite event of the year!! I would like to see Rory snatch a jacket this year, this was a pic I got of him at the PGA Championship a few years back.

So hard to predict. I'm going to say Phil will win with Bubba and Graeme McDowell as possible winners.

Spring time is my favorite time of year. Love the Masters, my favorite tournament by far. Augusta National always changing thing, making improvements, etc. Always exciting to see what they've done since last year.

I'm huge Phil fan, and even though he's not been playing that good this year, he always seems to turn it on for the Masters. When he arrives and see those Magnolias and the Azalia's something about that place his dameaner changes.

I hope the cream of the crop comes to the top this Masters. The majors were awesome last year with the exciting finsihes and star power at the top. All four majors had star-studded leaderboards. This year's been kinda boring so far. Tiger's been out, Phil's been off, Rory and Adam seem to be taking Sundays off, Zach, G-Mac, Sneds and a lot of the other big guns have been cold of late....I'm hoping we get a great Masters and not a John Senden-Matt Every Sunday showdown.

Me, too!  This season's been off to a strange start.  Some good stories, for sure - but I'm really hoping that some guys who haven't been playing that great this year kick it into gear for The Masters.  If the usual suspects can't get it together - I would love to see Patrick Reed win his first showing at The Masters.  I've learned to become wary of "the next greatest golfer" but Patrick Reed seems to have some serious game.

I think Jason Day will get over his sore thumb and really do some damage.  He has had a decent track record of late at Augusta.  Also I think The Great One is really rubbing off on Dustin Johnson.

Last I head in a recent radio interview from Scott Michaux, Augusta Chronicle....the tree won't be replaced until after the tourney.  Here's the most recent write up from him from back in Feb.

http://michaux.augusta.com/content/not-pretty-picture-eisenhower-tree-condemned-ice-damage

Me, too!  This season's been off to a strange start.  Some good stories, for sure - but I'm really hoping that some guys who haven't been playing that great this year kick it into gear for The Masters.  If the usual suspects can't get it together - I would love to see Patrick Reed win his first showing at The Masters.  I've learned to become wary of "the next greatest golfer" but Patrick Reed seems to have some serious game.

**** that noise.

Stenson is starting to peak at the right time. He missed only 3 fairways last weekend at Bay Hill, and hit 17 greens on Sunday. I'd love to see him in contention.

Stenson is starting to peak at the right time. He missed only 3 fairways last weekend at Bay Hill, and hit 17 greens on Sunday. I'd love to see him in contention.

Me too. He'd be a deserving winner. I also think Lee Westwood might make a run this year with the amount of injuries/collapses the top 5 in the world has been experiencing.

I started to get the Masters fever about five minutes ago... It's starting to sink in that this event is less than two weeks away. :dance:

Hey check out the super cheesy Masters promo Sky Sports put out today:

Note: This thread is 2469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!