IGNORED

New from Orlando...

Orlando38
Note: This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello, been lurking this site the last few days and have enjoyed several threads...The Kyle/Anthony one is very entertaining! :)

anyway, I live where the home of golf tv is- Golf Channel. I moved to FL little more than 3 years ago. I have two bad hobbies(not bad of course, but they have hurt my intimate relationships and jobs), fishing and golf. Supposedly FL is the golfing and fishing capital of the world, hence that is why I moved here. I used to be VERY hardcore golfer(grew up in SF bay area), but after moving to FL, I stopped golfing and my number one addiction was fishing(still is).

Anyway, I want to get back into playing again(have maybe played 4 rounds in 3 1/2 years, used to play that much in 2 weeks). I have actually been to range two or three times in last month or so(and of course my swing is all over the place).  I used to be a 7, and like many other's on here(especially Kyle/Anthony!:)) I wanted to get to be a high level golfer(scratch or close to it). I had a buddy I played with(who, btw looked a LOT like Tiger!!) who was a 2 or 3cap. Anyway, I just learned the golf swing on my own over the years and never took a lesson(Im a stubborn guy who played all the major sports growing up and played D1 college football, so I always thought getting very good at golf would be easy for me, which it wasn't), but I am now thinking of taking one.... so in order for me to take lessons from a Pro, I REALLY want to like the guy's style AND personality and teaching methods.

I'm a personal trainer, and believe me, they're are a lot better trainers than me, BUT I also think I fit a particular person and personality...so I feel like in order for me to take lessons finally, I need someone who is somewhat similar in terms of personality, teaching style and athletic ability(it would help if they guy hasn't just been a golfer for 30 years and actually played several other sports). Simply, I want a PGA pro that respects his health and Is not grossy overweight and smoking in-between talking about my swing! :)

I can get a little long-winded...so I will end this now. I have watched some of the mods videos(especially with Anthony) and I like you're teaching style and like the fact that you're not 60 or 70 something years old, like a lot of the PGA pros I see at the courses I have hit balls at.

I will post some more topics about this. Thanks.

Welcome to the site, neighbor!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ugggg-Anyone but Leadbetter or his guys.[quote name="Rick Martin" url="/t/73526/new-from-orlando#post_968470"]Lot of good courses in Orlando -  good instruction, too like Ledbetter's Academy. Go see Bob Lohr  - former PGA player/winner. I think he's still one of the lead instructors there. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

James Hirshfield at Reunion is highly recommended by me and many others here.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Hey guys. Thanks for the kind words A little background on me, I'm 28 years old, played college golf and have been studying the golf swing, the biomechanics, geometry and everything else golf related for a good while now. I eat healthy, live clean and believe in a holistic lifestyle If you would like to chat, feel free to give me a call anytime at 814-464-3446. Good luck on your journey and maybe will see you along your path. (Pun intended) James

James Hirshfield

Tour Professional Golf Coach

@hirshfield <-- Follow me on Twitter!

james@thegolfevolution.com

UK 07939-902455

USA (814) 464-3446

I've had some video (evolvr) lessons from James and I would highly recommend him.  If I were ever down in FL I'd give him a call.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 3654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!