IGNORED

I am in a dilemma, what should I get?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What should I buy?!

• New Ping TR Anser 5 putter
    • Maui Jim sunglasses

In another effort to waste time here....

I want, don't need, but want both of these. I can only get one for now. I want the anser 5 TR putter or a new pair of maui jim sunnies.

Opinions are well welcomed and one may make enough sense to commit to either one. I already putt with a saber tooth putter and have some sunglasses so neither one is a requirement. I just can't pull the trigger. They are in the ball park of each other $$ wise.

Give me some reasons!! :-P

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've never understood expensive sunglasses, so I vote for the putter.  My sunglasses (that I pretty much only wear when driving or maybe to the beach) are usually Target $10 specials.

I have never owned expensive sunglasses (lose them/break them too often) and never understood why someone would spend so much on them until my uncle got a pair of Maui Jims. I must admit, they were impressive and somewhat made me change my opinion. I would still vote putter just because I don't trust myself with expensive shades, but if you have the money you can't go wrong either way.

The putter will last a LOT longer.  My Maui Jim's.....probably the 5th pair I've owned, have a scratch in the right lens that's driving me crazy.  Pair number 6, coming up.

Get the putter.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

The putter will last a LOT longer.  My Maui Jim's.....probably the 5th pair I've owned, have a scratch in the right lens that's driving me crazy.  Pair number 6, coming up. Get the putter.....

Can you swap out the lenses?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Oh gosh let me tell you about expensive sunglasses.  I've lost more than a couple pairs.  Beach, lake, pool, etc.  One time I fell asleep in a chair at a school building in between classes clutching my backpack that held all kinds of samples and important lab paperwork, not to mention my laptop.  No one was getting that freakin backpack!  Guess what they did get when I was asleep?  Someone walked by and plucked the $180 Costas from the top of my head.  So I am now a proponent of a) not falling asleep in public and b) rocking the $30 polarized body glove sunglasses from Academy.  And they rock.

So get the putter AND the ($30) glasses!

Can you swap out the lenses?

Yeah, I will, but it's still a $100 bill.....

In David's bag....

The putter will last a LOT longer.  My Maui Jim's.....probably the 5th pair I've owned, have a scratch in the right lens that's driving me crazy.  Pair number 6, coming up.

Get the putter.....

Lifetime warranty. For 60 clams they will replace the lenses.

I rarely lose things fyi. I still have had a pair of Revos that were left in my office in 2003. I have cheapo sunglasses sunglasses that are 3 years old. So the possibility of losing them doesn't bother me.

I think the putter will help lower your score, though depending on the lenses color, it may help you read the green better. It just depends on what you want more, haha. If anything, sacrifice both and get The Putting Prescription.

That book is amazing.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

I rarely lose things fyi. I still have had a pair of Revos that were left in my office in 2003. I have cheapo sunglasses sunglasses that are 3 years old. So the possibility of losing them doesn't bother me.

I wish I had that ability.  If there is one thing I can lose, it's a pair of sunglasses.  I envy you sir.

I think the putter will help lower your score, though depending on the lenses color, it may help you read the green better. It just depends on what you want more, haha. If anything, sacrifice both and get [URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode;=ur2&camp;=1789&creative;=9325&tag;=thesandtrap-20&location;=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FThe-Putting-Prescription-Doctors-Proven%2Fdp%2F0470371013%2Fref%3Dsr_1_1%3Fie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1397513229%26sr%3D8-1%26keywords%3Dthe%2Bputting%2Bprescription]The Putting Prescription.[/URL] That book is amazing.

I probably could use the book but it won't cost me a putter or sunglasses to get it.

2 year warranty.  Doesn't cover scratches.

Lens replacement, plus shipping, plus $10 processing fee = $100ish.

Some of their glasses aren't terribly robust in construction.  They will scratch, they break more than I'd like to admit, and even if you don't "lose" them, I've had them "walk away" from a restaurant, bar, or other gathering spot.

I'm not trying to dissuade you, because they're great glasses and I like mine, but the putter will last longer and won't break if you sit on it accidentally.  BTW, it's amazing how hard it is to break or lose cheap items, or those that you didn't actually pay for, and how easy it is to do the same to expensive ones. ;-)

If it's not an issue of $'s, buy both! :beer:

In David's bag....

Originally Posted by TJBam

Guess what they did get when I was asleep?  Someone walked by and plucked the $180 Costas from the top of my head.  So I am now a proponent of a) not falling asleep in public and b) rocking the $30 polarized body glove sunglasses from Academy.  And they rock.

Stealing sunglasses off a sleeping man’s head. That’s just wrong.
The recommendation on the Body Glove polarized looks like a good call. Appears to be a good pair of sunglasses for the price.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

I have loved MJs (especially the rose tint) and still have a pair, but they are heavy (being glass). Two or three years ago I picked up some Suncloud (acrylic) glasses at REI for less than 40 or 50. So light, and I believe the new (decent quality) acrylics don't scratch nearly as easily as the old days. Mine don't have a scratch on them yet. Save some dough, skip the MJs and play with your putter.

I have loved MJs (especially the rose tint) and still have a pair, but they are heavy (being glass). Two or three years ago I picked up some Suncloud (acrylic) glasses at REI for less than 40 or 50. So light, and I believe the new (decent quality) acrylics don't scratch nearly as easily as the old days. Mine don't have a scratch on them yet. Save some dough, skip the MJs and play with your putter.

The rose colored MJs are pretty light weight now. Idk if there was a change since you bought them or if it is a different style.

Note: This thread is 3635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!