IGNORED

My Swing (14ledo81)

14ledo81
Note: This thread is 1093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Excuse my attire ;-)

Mike without sunglasses!? I kind of had this Daft Punk image of you, and now it's shattered. Thanks for the video.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mike without sunglasses!? I kind of had this Daft Punk image of you, and now it's shattered.

Thanks for the video.

Also, No visor..first time I've seen mike naked from the neck up..lol

T-shirt, shorts ang flip flops are the only way to dress... :-D

Well..... After hitting a small bag of balls (30), hitting approximately 75-80 balls during the scramble, another 100 or so (mostly lob wedge) at home, I am thoroughly discouraged. I did not hit it so bad at the course, but the balls I hit at home were not so great. I am really struggling with keeping the arms in front of me. I have decided that I a have to get something set up in the backyard to hit balls. I think with hitting balls at a net, I may feel less pressure to have good results. Hopefully this will make it easier to "change the picture".

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Well..... After hitting a small bag of balls (30), hitting approximately 75-80 balls during the scramble, another 100 or so (mostly lob wedge) at home, I am thoroughly discouraged. I did not hit it so bad at the course, but the balls I hit at home were not so great. I am really struggling with keeping the arms in front of me. I have decided that I a have to get something set up in the backyard to hit balls. I think with hitting balls at a net, I may feel less pressure to have good results. Hopefully this will make it easier to "change the picture".

Hang in there, brother. It's a very hard, discouraging game. I had a tough day at the range trying to change the picture today too. We just gotta keep it all in perspective, you know? It's reading posts like yours here that remind me I'm not alone in this. Somewhere deep down, I still believe, even if I don't want to sometimes.

Cheers, mate. :beer:

Constantine

[QUOTE name="14ledo81" url="/t/73921/my-swing-14ledo81/108#post_997631"] Well..... After hitting a small bag of balls (30), hitting approximately 75-80 balls during the scramble, another 100 or so (mostly lob wedge) at home, I am thoroughly discouraged. I did not hit it so bad at the course, but the balls I hit at home were not so great. I am really struggling with keeping the arms in front of me. I have decided that I a have to get something set up in the backyard to hit balls. I think with hitting balls at a net, I may feel less pressure to have good results. Hopefully this will make it easier to "change the picture".[/QUOTE] Hang in there, brother. It's a very hard, discouraging game. I had a tough day at the range trying to change the picture today too. We just gotta keep it all in perspective, you know? It's reading posts like yours here that remind me I'm not alone in this. Somewhere deep down, I still believe, even if I don't want to sometimes.  Cheers, mate. :beer:

It is kind of crazy how the roller coaster of feelings go. One day a guy is hitting the ball great. Feel on top of the world. Next day, hitting like crap. Want to quit. (Well not really quit but pretty upset anyway)

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

It is kind of crazy how the roller coaster of feelings go. One day a guy is hitting the ball great. Feel on top of the world. Next day, hitting like crap. Want to quit. (Well not really quit but pretty upset anyway)

Hahaha...welcome to my world. I feel your pain.

Preachin' to the choir brother, preaching' to the choir...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Golf is a fickle mistress. It only takes one shot to bring you back though. ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Preachin' to the choir brother, preaching' to the choir...

Good to hear I am not the only one..... Misery loves company.

-Matt-

I got home late last night and was thinking about my swing (as usual).  I decided I would take some video at slower speeds and MAKE SURE I CHANGE THE PICTURE.  I was trying to keep the arms more in front of the body (less elbow sliding behind) and turn through to improve key #3.  I swung at a slower speed a few times, and took some video.  At the slower speed I was definitely able to see some improvement.

7 Iron DTL - slo mo

7 Iron FO - slo mo

After swinging like this (speed) for awhile and continually checking to make sure I was not regressing, I decided to swing a few more at a higher speed.  Not quite as good, but still better than before.

7 Iron FO - 75%

So what does everybody think?  I am kind of excited about this, but am wondering if I should continue hitting balls at slower speeds to help ingrain this.  If anybody thinks this is a bad idea or sees something else I should be careful of, I would love to hear it.

BTW, it definitely helps me (with changing the picture) to hit balls like this instead of where I can visualize the flight.  This way I am 100% concentrating on making changes and not worrying about what the ball is doing.

-Matt-

Nice work dude

Thanks Mike.  Can I assume it would be fine to hit balls at a slower speed like this for a while?  Apparently the only way I can make the "picture change" is to slow it down.

-Matt-

Thanks Mike.  Can I assume it would be fine to hit balls at a slower speed like this for a while?  Apparently the only way I can make the "picture change" is to slow it down.

For sure, that's how you have to do it to change the picture and train the motion. I have to do the same thing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Still working on the same thing.  Not sure if there is much change, but I decided to post a few more swings.

7 Iron

Driver

It appears Key #3 is starting to look a bit better to me, but contact still suffers.  When I hit one solidly, the ball flight is definitely lower to start out than it has in the past.

Will contact start to pick up the more reps I put in?

-Matt-

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had a chance to do a Vlog.  I went to a small executive course where traffic would be light.  It was actually a 9 hole - 2 green per hole course.  I played from the, ahem..."tips".  I also tried to pick the longer of the two greens each time to make the course as long as I could.  As you will see, it was still not very long.  I also hit the ball pretty well here (for me).  Take away the first two holes (add a couple of strokes), and this is what I would expect to score on a course this easy.

I noticed that when I play, the old, bad habits creep back in.

Anybody see anything else that would help, or just to comment on, it would be appreciated.

-Matt-

• Administrator

It's private.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think I fixed it.  First time embedding with Youtube.  Vimeo would not allow me to upload that large of a video.

-Matt-

Note: This thread is 1093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!