IGNORED

What is your biggest pet peeve you see people doing on the golf course?

PA Golf Info
Note: This thread is 3649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

and those cart girls are little hotties you never now when she will say yes :)

I know that's right. Once I was talking to this smoking hot cart girl trying to work my magic and my playing partner got a big attitude about it. I said look honey you keep that up and we are getting a divorce.

James

I would like to thank everyone for contributing and making me realize I HAVE NO PET PEEVES!!!

I am playing golf, it may be slower than I like, but I am playing golf. If you want to get aggravated because I play by the rules, I am sorry. Don't like me lasering the  distance, opps, turn away.

Not going to drop the flag, but I am going to hold it by the flag part and drop it a foot, yep, not going to stop.

I guess I am not aggravated very much because honestly, I tend to spend more time worrying about my game and what I am doing than what those around me are doing. I will watch you swing, and do my best to follow your shot so I can help you look for it if its off line....and I am not going to complain when we keep looking up to 5 minutes. At 5 minutes, I am just going to wander over to my ball and start preparing for my shot (shooting the laser to get my distance). If you want to look for another couple of minutes, knock yourself out.

I am convinced, and I am basing this on this and alot of other topics, that we are a golfing community, need to be more tolerant. Realize, the people who frequent these forums are the most avid golfers in the world. We are willing to spend hours reading and commenting on all sorts of golf topics, but we are the few. Most of the people we encounter on the course are just out to have a good time. Let them, and enjoy it yourself.

• Upvote 3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am convinced, and I am basing this on this and alot of other topics, that we are a golfing community, need to be more tolerant. Realize, the people who frequent these forums are the most avid golfers in the world. We are willing to spend hours reading and commenting on all sorts of golf topics, but we are the few. Most of the people we encounter on the course are just out to have a good time. Let them, and enjoy it yourself.

Nah, people just need to grow a thicker skin. I rather have upfront honesty instead of muted opinions due to the concept of tolerance. If a guy wants to get mad at me, have at it!!!

I do agree, a lot of golfers need chill out a bit.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

wait i never lay the flag down i jam it into the green, you mean this is wrong?

and those cart girls are little hotties you never now when she will say yes :)

Wait, I know this guy. Eddie K. is that you? Hope you've grown up.

My answer is ready golf and etiquette. I'm not the fastest guy, but I strive to play smoothly, and politely. Young pricks bother me (Eddie for instance).

I generally like to think I'm a laid back guy and I like to have some fun. But, blatant dumb-assery is surely going to have me say "What the hell?" on occasion. Ball marks, craters in the fairway, dragging spikes on the green, littering, realllllly slow play , etc. etc. are all stupid things that just don't belong on the course. That's more or less just an all around and agreed upon list of "Things that don't belong in golf" rather than a pet peeve. I think of a pet peeve as "hating the way somebody laughs".

Though it's fine to gripe about small things that set you off, just remember that something that you do , or will do , will end up having somebody else shaking their head at you. It's life. I love golfing and I enjoy good company. Sometimes I think people just need to breath a little, crack a beer and try to smile more. That would ultimately result in more people enjoying this game, I think, rather than the continuous uppity and ancient attitudes that I encounter.

I would like to thank everyone for contributing and making me realize I HAVE NO PET PEEVES!!!

I am playing golf, it may be slower than I like, but I am playing golf. If you want to get aggravated because I play by the rules, I am sorry. Don't like me lasering the  distance, opps, turn away.

Not going to drop the flag, but I am going to hold it by the flag part and drop it a foot, yep, not going to stop.

I guess I am not aggravated very much because honestly, I tend to spend more time worrying about my game and what I am doing than what those around me are doing. I will watch you swing, and do my best to follow your shot so I can help you look for it if its off line....and I am not going to complain when we keep looking up to 5 minutes. At 5 minutes, I am just going to wander over to my ball and start preparing for my shot (shooting the laser to get my distance). If you want to look for another couple of minutes, knock yourself out.

HELL YEAH.......... what he said.....LOL.......dzclarkcpa....that is

Nah, people just need to grow a thicker skin. I rather have upfront honesty instead of muted opinions due to the concept of tolerance. If a guy wants to get mad at me, have at it!!!

I do agree, a lot of golfers need chill out a bit.

I completely agree.

My only peeve is people who yell at you for their own inadequacies. Golf is supposed to be fun.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My only peeve is people who yell at you for their own inadequacies. Golf is supposed to be fun.

My dad does this.  He usually has a couple of, let's call them, "episodes" per round.  He'll hit a few poor shots in a row and snap "Why do I DO that?!?!?!" usually to himself.  By that, I don't mean quietly, but he does usually mean it rhetorically and is just talking out loud.  However, occasionally, when it's really bad, he will direct it at me as if he really wants an answer.  I still don't bother though, because the correct answer is not what he wants to hear. ;)

My biggest pet peeves are 1) me shanking it, 2) me topping it, 3) me fatting it. In other words, I'm the guy the last two comments are talking about it.

Trust me. I'm working on it.

Yeah, even if I have a decently long list of golf pet peeves, it doesn't mean I'm out there stewing and ready to blow my top when I encounter one.  It's more of a roll my eyes moment and it's out of my head within seconds.

"Witty golf quote."

Wait, I know this guy. Eddie K. is that you? Hope you've grown up.

My answer is ready golf and etiquette. I'm not the fastest guy, but I strive to play smoothly, and politely. Young pricks bother me (Eddie for instance).

nope not eddie k

just a hacker out trying to get better

tntviper1 - Didn't think so really, glad you understood. Was uncanny though that you nailed him in your post. Just the thought of Eddie set me off. He literally did jamb the flag into the green among other atrocities including making the beverage girl cry. I very rarely get pissed off but that was a horrible day.

It's just a walk in the park.

tntviper1 - Didn't think so really, glad you understood. Was uncanny though that you nailed him in your post. Just the thought of Eddie set me off. He literally did jamb the flag into the green among other atrocities including making the beverage girl cry. I very rarely get pissed off but that was a horrible day.

It's just a walk in the park.

oh i am just sarcastic and never take anything personal :)

Note: This thread is 3649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!