IGNORED

Do You Have Concealed Carry Permit...

DoubleEagle
Note: This thread is 2406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by phan52

That's a game we could both play because what kind of regrets would you have is somebody you know and love was accidently a victim of gun violence because you have a gun in your home.

Probably about the same as if they were accidently injured or killed in a car that I owned.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Probably about the same as if they were accidently injured or killed in a car that I owned.....

Talking about regret, I think I would feel a lot of regret if my family was injured and I didn't have the means to stop it. Like anything, steps can be taken to minimize chances of accidents. Its stupidity that usually causes those gun statistics. A lot of times it involves alcohol as well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Talking about regret, I think I would feel a lot of regret if my family was injured and I didn't have the means to stop it. Like anything, steps can be taken to minimize chances of accidents. Its stupidity that usually causes those gun statistics. A lot of times it involves alcohol as well.

Hmmmm.....  Sounds like the same could be said of accidents involving cars too. ;-)

In David's bag....

[QUOTE name="saevel25" url="/t/74198/do-you-have-concealed-carry-permit/180#post_990997"]   Talking about regret, I think I would feel a lot of regret if my family was injured and I didn't have the means to stop it. Like anything, steps can be taken to minimize chances of accidents. Its stupidity that usually causes those gun statistics. A lot of times it involves alcohol as well. [/QUOTE] Hmmmm.....  Sounds like the same could be said of accidents involving cars too.  ;-)

No..completely different. It is always the guns fault in gun accidents....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

No..completely different. It is always the guns fault in gun accidents....

Then it has to be the cars fault as well. Both are used by people. So if the operator isn't at fault, then it must be the item.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Then it has to be the cars fault as well. Both are used by people. So if the operator isn't at fault, then it must be the item.

Matt, you completely missed the sarcasm in his post huh? ;)

Matt, you completely missed the sarcasm in his post huh? ;)

Nah, it's just fun not to recognize there was sarcasm in the first place :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

So would either of you have an issue if your neighbor had a sign like this.  Other than the banning part.  I realize both of you stated that you do not want to ban guns, simply that you do not care for them. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/97968/] [/URL]

If I was to break into his house I would leave my guns at home. If I broke into yours I would bring three guys, all armed. If I were a criminal that is. Probably not the best sign.

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/74198/do-you-have-concealed-carry-permit/162#post_990775"] So would either of you have an issue if your neighbor had a sign like this.  Other than the banning part.  I realize both of you stated that you do not want to ban guns, simply that you do not care for them. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/97968/] [/URL]

If I was to break into his house I would leave my guns at home. If I broke into yours I would bring three guys, all armed. If I were a criminal that is. Probably not the best sign.[/quote] You are smarter than the average criminal though. More than likely, instead of dropping off guns or picking up armed men, the average criminal picks the easier target.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

You are smarter than the average criminal though. More than likely, instead of dropping off guns or picking up armed men, the average criminal picks the easier target.

lol yes. Of course since they don't sell guns to criminals. Its good to know were you can get some. :-P

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/74198/do-you-have-concealed-carry-permit/180#post_991104"] You are smarter than the average criminal though. More than likely, instead of dropping off guns or picking up armed men, the average criminal picks the easier target.

lol yes. Of course since they don't sell guns to criminals. Its good to know were you can get some. :-P[/quote] Touche'....

-Matt-

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

@Golfingdad , appreciate the info, as well as the overall discussion from everyone else today.

Holding off for the time being on a conceal carry permit. Renting at the gun range once in a while is still a blast. When that wears off, I'll reevaluate things

Yeah, think about every angle of it.  It is not something anyone should take lightly, or do it because they think it is cool.  I am not saying BTW that you are that person.  Target shooting is a lot of fun.  Having a CC permit is not really very fun.  It is another entire level of responsibility that is a burden.   Why?  Because you are responsible to practice and maintain an impeccable level of safe handling and caution ALL THE TIME.  Should something ever happen you have a responsibility to those around you to act, and to know exactly what you are doing when you do act.  I will say it again, it is a burden, but for many like myself it is a necessary one.  I am responsible for the safety and the environment of around 30 people each day.  I would not be able forgive myself knowing that I could have been able to act and was not able to.

Thanks, cipher. Appreciate the response.

Constantine

I have a job as an unarmed security guard at a company on the weekends. In the course of my job I am expected to evaluate strangers that come onto the property, find out why they are there, and if necessary ask them to leave. I am never completely comfortable with that job because no matter how proficient I am in self defense I would of course have no chance against a gun. I am much safer away from that job than I am on the job. I never like for my best and only two options to be to run or to hide.

watch the movies, the security guard is always killed first.  an unarmed guard is a car without gas.an invention of simpletons who think they are smart. more yearly stabbings than shootings but that's o k? right!

Would you feel bad is someone took your gun and killed someone else? What a stupid question.  Would you feel bad if someone stole your car and killed someone else in a car wreck? Would you feel bad if you found out that you bought someone a drink and later they caused the death of someone else?  Would you feel bad if you were texting someone and they wrecked their car killing 4 people?

if you don't like guns, knives, phones, alcohol, drugs, don't own any.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

• 1 year later...

So f*cking pissed, yesterday 6 thugs came to my in-laws local townhome swimming pool and started asking people to let them in. (it's caged, need a key to get in) When they were told no, they threatened to kill the people that said "no." Cops were called, they were already gone.

Now this is at a community were sh*t like this normally doesn't happen. My 19 month old is learning to swim there with my mother in law and wife. They should not be afraid to go there, they are now.  I've always thought about getting my CCP and stuff like this pushes me over the age. It was most likely all talk from these thugs, but who knows, honestly.

Ughhhhhhh.

My sister, brother, and dad all carry. Might be time for me.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

So f*cking pissed, yesterday 6 thugs came to my in-laws local townhome swimming pool and started asking people to let them in. (it's caged, need a key to get in) When they were told no, they threatened to kill the people that said "no." Cops were called, they were already gone.  Now this is at a community were sh*t like this normally doesn't happen. My 19 month old is learning to swim there with my mother in law and wife. They should not be afraid to go there, they are now.  I've always thought about getting my CCP and stuff like this pushes me over the age. It was most likely all talk from these thugs, but who knows, honestly.  Ughhhhhhh.  My sister, brother, and dad all carry. Might be time for me.

Sad to hear that but this thread is not really about that.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Sad to hear that but this thread is not really about that.

Why not? He answers the question posed by the OP and gives a specific reason why he may now consider getting his CCP. Seems relevant to me.

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 2406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!