IGNORED

How do you rate the PGA Tour so far this year?

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 3621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do find the PGA Tour this year?

• Great
    • As good as any other year
    • Boring
    • Where are the big boys at?
    • I want Tiger back

With all the first time "nobody's" winning, how do you find the PGA Tour this year?

Personally, I've found it a little lackluster. I'm sure many disagree, but it's missing big names doing anything on the weekends.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I have loved it.  I like seeing all the different players winning each week.  Shows how many players are really that good.  Plus I think as Tiger and Phil career come to an end, we are in an age without a dominate golfer.  Eventually someone will come and be that person, but who knows when.

But, my GF has hated it.  She normally likes watching Sundays round with me, but this year she says she doesn't hardly know anyone of the people they are showing so she has lost interest.  But if tiger can come back and big names start winning again, she will be back too.

• Upvote 1

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I have loved it.  I like seeing all the different players winning each week.  Shows how many players are really that good.

Agree!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Like we've seen in college basketball, parity in sports can make things more exciting....but for the sake of the tour and popularity of the game, there has just been too much of it this year. I think the tour would be fine if there's parity among 10-20 relatively household names who battle each week, but the continual stream of unknowns winning this year, is not good for the game and if it keeps up in a few years when Tiger/Phil are gone, I'm guessing CBS and NBC will stop covering the weekly events.

I dont have a problem with nobodies winning, but when week in and week out its guys like Brenden Todd and Matt Jones are winning it gets a little boring

Riley

It has been good so far.  Jimmy Walker was dominating in the beginning, but cooled off.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, except for Bubba and Jordan Spieth.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

It's been bad. Really bad. Brendon Todd winning last week was like watching paint dry. The guy makes Chad Campbell look exciting.

I'm sorry....it's great for these players, but it's not good for the game. Parity is bad for golf. It makes you miss how good we had it when Tiger and Phil were dominating and we were tuning in every week. Brendon Todd winning the Byron Nelson was found on the back page of the newspaper in the bottom corner. It's not helping the game any.

The Players Championship was awesome.....but outside of that, most of the finishes this year have been 'bleh.' I'm a die hard golf fan, as are all of us, so we'll watch every week...but we also want to see the game being watched by the outsiders and get top headlines....not being found on the back page of newspapers and not even being mentioned on the front page of ESPN.

I like it so far. While it hasn't been real exciting not having big names either making a charge, or seeing 2 big name going for the win, I have no problems seeing the younger guys win. Also I wouldn't call them Nobodies, if they are good enough to win on tour, then in my mind , they are Really good. Good golf is good golf no matter who wins. Just my 3 cents.

I've been following golf closely as a spectator for about twenty years now and I can't remember being less excited about any individual year.  Been a complete snooze fest to me.  Even the Masters had a boring back nine on Sunday, which rarely seems to be the case.

"Witty golf quote."

I guess I've liked it about as well as I could expect to like it without Tiger around and/or playing well.

None of the other so-called big names interest me any more or any less than somebody I've never heard of before.

When Tiger is playing I'm watching because Tiger is playing. When he's not playing I'm just watching the golf and it doesn't matter at all to me who's playing the best or who wins.

I've been following golf closely as a spectator for about twenty years now and I can't remember being less excited about any individual year.  Been a complete snooze fest to me.  Even the Masters had a boring back nine on Sunday, which rarely seems to be the case.

Right there with you, sux. Kevin Na will probably win the US Open, Hennie Otto The Open, and Joost Luiten The PGA, brutal.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

This year blows but I think we need to get used to it for the next few years possibly. Just too many talented players. Anyone can win almost every week apart from the majors an TPC perhaps. Everyone is good. Simple as that. And everyone includes Bubba, Tiger, Phil to Matt Jones and Brendan Todd. I thought Rory was going to take the torch from Tiger but now I have my doubts. Think its gonna be a bit until we have the next dominant force in the game. Hopefully as these no namers begin to win again, they will start to be household names and will earn the viewers respect. Think about it, a few years ago when Louis won the Open, everybody was like, "what the hell is his last name/who is this guy?" Now he is definitely a household name. Same goes for Bubba.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I like it so far. While it hasn't been real exciting not having big names either making a charge, or seeing 2 big name going for the win, I have no problems seeing the younger guys win. Also I wouldn't call them Nobodies, if they are good enough to win on tour, then in my mind , they are Really good. Good golf is good golf no matter who wins. Just my 3 cents.

Well, they're "nobodies" because they show up and win and then they won't show up on a leaderboard again til maybe next year. I haven't seen Steven Bodwitch, Matt Jones, Matt Every or Brendon Todd on the leaderboard at all except for the one time they've won. Knowing our luck, Robert Streb or Brice Garnett will win the Colonial. Heck, even Patrick Reed has disappeared off the face of the earth.

I have no problem with new guys winning....I just have a problem with the guys you know have talent all off their games and these cinderella names getting lucky a week...winning...and then going "Derek Ernst" on us and hiding in hybernation. It's just not good for the game when you're trying to attract people to watch it on Sundays. And that's the goal of it if you're a spectator....you want the interest level to be high. Folks....it's not high at all right now. The sport is hurting this year. That's why there's a lot of pressure on Jordan Spieth in hopes he can pick it up.

I thought yesterday was good, the Masters and the Players championship were interesting, and I expect the US Open to be as well. The Fed Ex finals should be interesting again this fall, the Ryder Cup too.

Big boys showed up this weekend, both tournaments were very fun to watch. Should continue this week as well, not too many 1st timers win Memorial.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 3621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!