IGNORED

Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Are you suggesting a possible barter system around this site as well???

No. Talking about here at work. You have to offer up something to get something. It's like working for the mafia.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here is my completed design. I am printing this at home, so I need to see if the materials I have will work well.

The idea is to use wing nuts and #8 screws to hold the angular position of the holder. 1/4" bolts and washers will weigh down the camera and holder in the bag. It is planned to be used on the down sloping part of the bag.

The idea is to make it quick and easy to mount for each shot. (Like a quick insert.) Or you can even leave it in the bag, but the clubs moving around might damage the camera.

Pictures to follow.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Will try it out this week.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

That's awesome. Hope to see a VLog soon.

Trying to figure out if I can do Vlogs and Golflogix statistics at the same time. Does not look very easy. Plus, I need to add a hole on the bottom for the battery life extender. It looks like the galaxy runs out of battery in less than an hour with the display running.

So, there are some other logistics needed to be looked into.

GoPro is looking better all the time, but who wants to shell out $300-$400? This contraption cost me about an hour and a half and <$3.00 for all my costs.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Trying to figure out if I can do Vlogs and Golflogix statistics at the same time. Does not look very easy. Plus, I need to add a hole on the bottom for the battery life extender. It looks like the galaxy runs out of battery in less than an hour with the display running.

So, there are some other logistics needed to be looked into.

GoPro is looking better all the time, but who wants to shell out $300-$400? This contraption cost me about an hour and a half and <$3.00 for all my costs.

Can't you design a robot drone to just follow you @Lihu ?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Can't you design a robot drone to just follow you @Lihu ?

I would love to propose this to my boss, and get a project kicked off for a robotic caddy.

Sigh. . ., but something tells me it's a limited niche market.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Here is my completed design. I am printing this at home, so I need to see if the materials I have will work well. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/101214/] [/URL] The idea is to use wing nuts and #8 screws to hold the angular position of the holder. 1/4" bolts and washers will weigh down the camera and holder in the bag. It is planned to be used on the down sloping part of the bag. The idea is to make it quick and easy to mount for each shot. (Like a quick insert.) Or you can even leave it in the bag, but the clubs moving around might damage the camera. Pictures to follow.

Wait, you have a 3d printer in your house? I'll take a picture of my setup if I get a chance later. It's really not complicated. [quote name="Lihu" url="/t/74880/video-logs-vlogs-of-you-playing-golf-post-your-own/180#post_1017701"] I would love to propose this to my boss, and get a project kicked off for a robotic caddy. Sigh. . ., but something tells me it's a limited niche market. [/quote]Maybe, but you do have an inside edge on said market. ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Wait, you have a 3d printer in your house?

I'll take a picture of my setup if I get a chance later. It's really not complicated.

Maybe, but you do have an inside edge on said market.

Yes, my son built it for a school project, and as part of an interview with one of the high schools he interviewed.

I would love to work on the caddy project, and feel like if it is inexpensive enough it could persuade more people to walk courses.

It could even have a mini-trackman to estimate the trajectory and location of errant shots.

Sigh. . .

double sigh. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Yes, my son built it for a school project, and as part of an interview with one of the high schools he interviewed.

Wow. That makes me feel totally inadequate LOL

When I was in HS, I didn't even have the discipline to read The Outsiders . :8)

I would love to work on the caddy project, and feel like if it is inexpensive enough it could persuade more people to walk courses.

It could even have a mini-trackman to estimate the trajectory and location of errant shots.

Sigh. . .

double sigh. . .

That would be really freaking cool. I wonder how viable such a device would be, in terms of cost, and what the market would look like?

Ok, sorry, :offtopic: stuff over.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Wow. That makes me feel totally inadequate LOL

When I was in HS, I didn't even have the discipline to read The Outsiders.

That would be really freaking cool. I wonder how viable such a device would be, in terms of cost, and what the market would look like?

Ok, sorry,  stuff over.

I wonder if my wife and are are driving our kids just a little too hard? I remember reading that story in class as we were discussing it. I spent the entire summer prior reading Tolkien and Lloyd Alexander instead of my "summer reading".

It would be a cool product, but possibly too expensive at present. Plus, it's not only off topic, but it's torturing me with "what ifs".

On topic, is that I think the Golflogix and the Vlog can be compatible, and I just added some padding to the camera holder to make it more "solid".

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

So here is it is.

Note, holes 1 - 2 are on Nate's camera, then his camera died. Settings must have been too high or something, his fully charged battery lasted 2 holes.

We used my camera for holes 3-12, from then it was on and off rain. So it was decided not to risk damaging the camera. The camera settings got changed on the 5th hold to color swap, this is why the course looks different from then on. To me it makes the greens look sandy. Oh well.

I think we would have done better carrying around a video camera if the course wasn't packed, and being pushed a bit. Some guys hit into us on 3 straight holes. So, we just left the camera on Nate's push cart instead. It was an interesting experience, and I am sure we can improve on the quality in future vlog's.

Enjoy!

The crack of tree branches on the very first drive was hilarious.

The crack of tree branches on the very first drive was hilarious.

If that one overhanging branch wasn't there, I would have gotten away with that shot. I blame course maintenance on that one :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

If that one overhanging branch wasn't there, I would have gotten away with that shot. I blame course maintenance on that one :whistle:

I blame Nate. ;-)

- Shane

Also, one suggestion for future videos... edit out all the chaff between shots, these are getting to be like NFL games with 7 seconds of action for every 5 minutes of commercials. :-P

Also, one suggestion for future videos... edit out all the chaff between shots, these are getting to be like NFL games with 7 seconds of action for every 5 minutes of commercials.  :-P

Hey @Strandly , maybe you should post your own and then criticize??? :) :P

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Hey @Strandly, maybe you should post your own and then criticize???

:) :P

I think it would be fun to do one of these actually but I need to come up with a camera plan first since I don't own one.  So far I've been eyeballing a gopro but that's an expensive pill to swallow and I'm not sure how suitable it is for filming golf or how much use I'll ultimately get out of the thing.  We'll see though, hopefully I'll have something going by the end of August at the latest.

I think it would be fun to do one of these actually but I need to come up with a camera plan first since I don't own one.  So far I've been eyeballing a gopro but that's an expensive pill to swallow and I'm not sure how suitable it is for filming golf or how much use I'll ultimately get out of the thing.  We'll see though, hopefully I'll have something going by the end of August at the latest.

That's my main issue with a gopro, it's expensive and my Xgame days are long over. Not likely to use it for anything else. On a funny note, i went to Palos Verdes last weekend and saw a kid on a mountain bike with a gopro mounted on a crash helmet. There are cliffs going down to the beach, and I can only imagine what he was planning. Lucky he had some friends with him. No news reports . . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 1056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!