IGNORED

Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So here are two vlogs - 1st one holes 3, 6, 14, 15 and 16 at Royal New Kent and the 2nd one of 18th by itself. Had to break it to keep it below 15 mins. Again this is my maiden effort at vlogging and as you would expect very amateurish..:-).

Please ignore typos, ESL grammatical mistakes, redundant "we will see/let's see what happens.." (felt at a loss of what else to say few times), saggy pants, etc. I usually dress better..

But all in all I am glad to have got in my first one and am encouraged to do more, so I can do the next one better. Enjoy!!

• Upvote 2

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

You can skip that 15-minute limit by verifying your account, @GolfLug.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

You can skip that 15-minute limit by verifying your account, @GolfLug.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en

Ughh. My company PC firewalls the support desk.. I will check on wife's tonight.

Thanks

Vishal S.

Here's my first attempt...only 6 holes, though. It was weird at first but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit and had fun talking to the camera (instead of just myself). These will be a nice addition to my swing thread. ;-)

Edited by roamin
  • Upvote 2

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Good job guys. I'll try to get a few V-Logs up this year ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 hours ago, roamin said:

Here's my first attempt...only 6 holes, though. It was weird at first but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit and had fun talking to the camera (instead of just myself). These will be a nice addition to my swing thread. ;-)

Nice job! Isn't Seminole the course the Golf Channel mentioned was going to adopt the proposed RoG changes right away?

7 hours ago, RandallT said:

Nice sand save on the last, and congrats on the personal best, @roamin!

Now ya just gotta sit and wait for the celebrity that @boogielicious will assign as your doppelgänger!

I never got a good look at @roamin's smiling face. But from glimpses I would go with:

renner.jpg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 hours ago, RandallT said:

Nice sand save on the last, and congrats on the personal best, @roamin!

Thank you, sir. I was a bit surprised, myself. :content:

58 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Nice job! Isn't Seminole the course the Golf Channel mentioned was going to adopt the proposed RoG changes right away?

They must have meant Seminole Golf Club, further south, and much more well known. The course I play at is the local university's course. A big re-design is coming late next year, and they signed Jack Nicklaus...so that should put the course on the map. :-D

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Now ya just gotta sit and wait for the celebrity that @boogielicious will assign as your doppelgänger!

I wish my swing looked as good as his. :8)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

• 2 weeks later...

Course Vlog #2

Ball striking was pretty bad most of the day. Advancing the ball okay, just couldn't get it in the air with my irons or start it to the right like I wanted. Shot 92.

• Upvote 2

Jake

Course Vlog #2-B

Finally got the rest of the footage from Saturday done. It's the first seven holes of my second round that day.

My dad said he liked the shot tracers (he's watching on his phone and I think just can't see the ball ;-)) so I put several in. Need to play with the app to work out the timing better, though.

• Upvote 3

Jake

Course Vlog #3

Here's my first round from this past Sunday. Played some great golf and then started making mistakes and couldn't pull it back together, really. Luckily, I had won enough skins early on to weather the storm. ;-)

• Upvote 3

Jake

6 hours ago, roamin said:

Course Vlog #3

Here's my first round from this past Sunday ...

Nice effort.  Speaking from my prior experience, framing the shot, talking, etc...becomes easier after a few efforts.  I can only wish we had those temperatures and dry turf here in the Soggy Mitten.  No forest/ grass fires here.

Did you use your phone, digital camera or video camera?

Brian Kuehn

10 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Nice effort.  Speaking from my prior experience, framing the shot, talking, etc...becomes easier after a few efforts.

Did you use your phone, digital camera or video camera?

Thanks. I actually think I did better on my first vlog attempt... I was by myself and eventually just started talking to the camera. The past few, I've been playing with someone else so it feels even weirder to start narrating.

Using phones for all of the video. I have an old broken phone (that still shoots video) on a small, flexible tripod that I wrapped around one of the posts on the cart, and just assumed I was parking far enough behind the ball that the camera could see everything, but it ended up being too high. The case for my other phone has a little kick-stand built into it, so I just set it down 5-10 feet behind the ball. I like it because with the camera facing up a bit, the ball tends to stay in the frame on most shots, but I don't like that I'm not getting good video of my swing.

10 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I can only wish we had those temperatures and dry turf here in the Soggy Mitten.  No forest/ grass fires here.

Yeah, I hate to brag, but we played golf every weekend this "winter", except for one or two. On the flip-side, it'll be 100+ and extremely humid here soon, so while I get to play year-round... it's not always that enjoyable. :content: Thankfully, there are no fires near me. The state forest service does a pretty good job with management and prescribed burning in my part of the state, so hopefully it stays that way.

Jake

• 3 weeks later...

So here's my home course vlog of three holes. I usually get out of work at 6 pm and run to the course less than 10 mins away and try to get 3-4 holes couple of time a week now since don't get to play every weekend.

I really enjoy the course. Tree lined parkland style old school layout. The membership is very established and the leagues are very welcoming of newbs like me. I will try to add some more vlogs through the year of some of the more exiting holes like 9, 16 and 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVkfdwqCdu4&feature=youtu.be

• Upvote 4

Vishal S.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:18 PM, GolfLug said:

So here are two vlogs - 1st one holes 3, 6, 14, 15 and 16 at Royal New Kent and the 2nd one of 18th by itself. Had to break it to keep it below 15 mins. Again this is my maiden effort at vlogging and as you would expect very amateurish..:-).

Please ignore typos, ESL grammatical mistakes, redundant "we will see/let's see what happens.." (felt at a loss of what else to say few times), saggy pants, etc. I usually dress better..

But all in all I am glad to have got in my first one and am encouraged to do more, so I can do the next one better. Enjoy!!

Pretty cool.

But...man you take sooooo long before each shot.  

18 minutes ago, Zekez said:

Pretty cool.

But...man you take sooooo long before each shot.  

Yes, am working on speeding up but ya know, that takes......time. :-P

But you will also notice I don't take 5 practice swings to begin with.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

15 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yes, am working on speeding up but ya know, that takes......time. :-P

But you will also notice I don't take 5 practice swings to begin with.

You might take a little time before each shot, but I guarantee you that you have less total time playing than I do. I was watching your videos thinking, "man, this guy doesn't mess around." The overall pace would be super fast for me. I am much more deliberate reading putts and picking aiming points, etc...

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

1 minute ago, TN94z said:

You might take a little time before each shot, but I guarantee you that you have less total time playing than I do. I was watching your videos thinking, "man, this guy doesn't mess around." The overall pace would be super fast for me. I am much more deliberate reading putts and picking aiming points, etc...

Thanks. Not making any excuses but I have an arm injury because of which I set up with my clubface toe down and takes me 10-12 seconds or so extra to get my bearings and swing alignment right when I set up for a shot to pull the trigger. It used to be much worse. Most of my partners are patient but I did drive some folks nuts some times.

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 1043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!