IGNORED

Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100

Gipper
Note:Β This thread is 1350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I've been wishing to get in some golf the past 2 weeks! Will be getting in 9 holes next weekend! Even thoigh it will be an irons only round, I can't wait.

Driver: Cobra Amp Cell-S - 10.5Β°
Woods: Cobra F-Speed 3 Wood - 15.5Β°
Hybrids: Cobra Amp Cell 2/3 Hybrid - 16Β°-19Β°
Irons: Mizuno MX-15 - 4-PW
Wedges:Β Titleist Vokey Spin MilledΒ - 52Β°/8Β°, Titleist Vokey SM4 - 54Β°/8Β°,Β Titleist Vokey Oil Can - 58Β°/8Β°
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Proud member of the "Breaking Bad Club"!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 18 holes on a new course this weekend and it was not pretty. Ended up shooting 118.

Played 9 Monday night on a course I've played a few times before. Shot 4 over on the first hole and thought here we go again! But this time I kept my driver in the bag and stuck with my 3 wood. I can pretty much hit it as far as my driver and without all the slices. Had some really good shots and even drained a 40 foot putt off the fringe on the last hole. Of course no one was around to see it! Ended up shooting a 54.

I think if I leave my driver alone, work on my chipping and pitching and play courses that I'm familiar with, I'll get much closer at breaking 100.

Been lurking this thread for quite a while.Β  Bit of background, I started playing golf just over 12 months ago, I'm currently a member at a club in Essex, England which is considered a tough course by high, medium and low handicappers.Β  I'm a 28.0 handicap and currently trying to get off it.

First time I played this course I shot 152, since then I've not been above 130 and recently (past 2 months) a bad round for me is more than 115.Β  This weekend just gone I had a 103 off the competition tees and a 103 off the practice/yellow tees.

My swing is quite consistent according to playing partners but my bad shot is a high slice with drivers/woods or a low pull hook with irons.

My aim is to break 100 before the end of August whether this be a practice or competition round I just want to do it.

My front 9 record is 49 (done on Sunday) and back 9 record is 45 (done twice).Β  I have shot par on every hole and even birdied I think 5 holes so theoretically put that all together and I could shoot 5 under (just kidding).

Best of luck to everyone else trying to break 100 and congratulations to those who have.

My mid term goal is to be able to play very close to bogey golf by the end of next Summer and hopefully within 3-5 years get down to single digits.Β  Very ambitious but I play twice a week, and hit the range 2-3 times a week hitting 60 balls a time.

This is a 3 wood swing from the range last night.

• Upvote 2

I'm desperate trying to break 100, and feel like I'm very close. My handicap is down to 30.5 wihich should indicate I'm close. However lately I mostly play 9 holes a time. My best rounds combined are def. lower then 100, but I never broke 100 while actually playing 18 holes and that is wat really counts in my opinion. My goal is to break 100 somewhere within the next couple of months. Should be possible!

~Jorrit

Played 9 last night. Β The SO wanted to get some exercise so I was throwing out ideas such as bike riding or kayaking. Β She was lukewarm to those so I said, "well... we could always golf..." and to my surprise she said yes! Β So I golfed while she walked the course with me. Β She took a few whacks with a 9-iron but I can't really help her with her swing so that didn't last long.

This was the first full (9-hole) round using the Game Golf tags and Android app. Β It worked well. Β One thing I really like about it is that I didn't see the score until I was done and was surprised that I scored 54. Β Unfortunately, my putting average was 2.98(!) so that killed my chance to break 50. Β By the end, I was even calling myself "3-putt matt" Β It was such a beautiful evening, though, that I could have scored 100 and enjoyed myself.

Otherwise, I was hitting the ball pretty solidly and didn't have any penalty strokes or lost balls.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, β€œexcept golfers."Β 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

This was the first full (9-hole) round using the Game Golf tags and Android app.

@krupa what is your Game Golf profile?

Bill Z.

:ping:Β G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland:Β CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by krupa

This was the first full (9-hole) round using the Game Golf tags and Android app.

@krupaΒ what is your Game Golf profile?

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/krupa

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, β€œexcept golfers."Β 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Played first time in 7 weeks because of health issues.Β  Played 9 and shot a 47.Β  Tried a new technique since i haven't played in a while.Β  Use 3W off tee and only hit my 7i til on the green...

Wish I could have played 18, the mind was willing but the body was in no shape to do so....Hoping to play 9 again next week.

Played first time in 7 weeks because of health issues.Β  Played 9 and shot a 47.Β  Tried a new technique since i haven't played in a while.Β  Use 3W off tee and only hit my 7i til on the green... Wish I could have played 18, the mind was willing but the body was in no shape to do so....Hoping to play 9 again next week.

Congrats on getting back in the saddle with a 47!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Shot 49 today on 9 holes. Not a record, but very happy with it. Handicap went down to 28.5 also :-)

~Jorrit

So I posted on Thursday about getting close to breaking it after posting a couple of 103s, today was the day. Bang on 99. Funny thing was I was playing a friendly match play and worked out I'd played 93 after my tee shot on 18 as my partner had played a bad tee shot and I had to be able to know what leeway I had if I played a risky shot over water and went in to help win the match. Thought I could do it with an 8, I actually needed a 7 which I got! Feels pretty good, now for the medal off the whites tomorrow! Good luck to everyone else, it will come! Now where's the breaking 90 thread... ;-)

Shot 49 today on 9 holes. Not a record, but very happy with it. Handicap went down to 28.5 also :-)

[quote name="Bigred7289" url="/t/74913/breaking-bad-club-a-thread-for-golfers-trying-to-break-100/810_30#post_1178353"]So I posted on Thursday about getting close to breaking it after posting a couple of 103s, today was the day. Bang on 99. Funny thing was I was playing a friendly match play and worked out I'd played 93 after my tee shot on 18 as my partner had played a bad tee shot and I had to be able to know what leeway I had if I played a risky shot over water and went in to help win the match. Thought I could do it with an 8, I actually needed a 7 which I got! Feels pretty good, now for the medal off the whites tomorrow! Good luck to everyone else, it will come! Now where's the breaking 90 thread... ;-)[/quote] Congrats to you both!! @Bigred7289 welcome to the site (if I have not already said that) Hope to you posting on the 90 thread soon!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Nice round!

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Thanks guys. It doesn't count as <100 yet, but it should be possible. Since I'm leaving my driver in the bag my scores went down.

~Jorrit

Wow some good scores posted the past few days. :dance:

Now I have to blow my own horn a little. Β I shot a 95 this morning for my first sub 100 round in almost 7 years, 2nd one ever and lowest ever. Β (last one was in 2008, a 96)

I shot a 45 on the front and a 50 on the back. Β Only one penalty stroke, I had to take a drop on unplayable lie on the last hole. Β My ball bounced into a spruce tree and stuck in the branches.

I really didn't strike the ball that well, but my putting was good and I stayed out of trouble for the most part.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pecos24/round/502391

• Upvote 1

Bill Z.

:ping:Β G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland:Β CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Wow some good scores posted the past few days. Β :dance: Β  Now I have to blow my own horn a little. Β I shot a 95 this morning for my first sub 100 round in almost 7 years, 2nd one ever and lowest ever. Β (last one was in 2008, a 96) I shot a 45 on the front and a 50 on the back. Β Only one penalty stroke, I had to take a drop on unplayable lie on the last hole. Β My ball bounced into a spruce tree and stuck in the branches.Β  [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/129116/] [/URL] I really didn't strike the ball that well, but my putting was good and I stayed out of trouble for the most part. [URL=http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pecos24/round/502391]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pecos24/round/502391[/URL]

Congrats on breaking 100 again... Also, love the pic!

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

I'm getting oh so close, 102 today, I had a 48 on the front, including a 5 putt! Overshot the hole by three feet and down the hill it went, should have chipped it back up but I kept trying to putt it back. (First time I've ever gone < 50 for 9) and then the wife wanted to take an extended break at the turn to get some food, bathroom, etc... And I fell out of rythem. That's my excuse anyway, double par on 10, finally started losing balls, I just couldn't tame my driver, 4 GIR on the front 9 none on the back. Managed to bogey the last 3 for a 54.

Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner;Β  9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood: TaylorMade Aeroburner;Β  15*Β 
S-Flex
Hybrids: Nike Vapor Speed 3-5 Steel Stiff
Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 6-PwΒ Steel Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Satin Black; 52, 56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Works 2-Ball
Grips: Good Grip Tour Wrap MediumΒ 
Ball: ProV1

I played Thursday, and shot 48-55 for a 103. The back nine on my home course just wrecks me. When I'm on I can par maybe two of the first four holes, but there's a dogleg left on #14 that kills me every time.

Corey

Note:Β This thread is 1350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!