IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

I got a hard copy a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying the insights. Its amazing how the common sense isn't that common or how we don't look for it. Very interested in the shot mapping idea and will get up and running with this in the next few weeks so my decision making becomes next to second nature. My buddies aren't used to doing much more than looking for the fairway marker before playing (often into more trouble) so I need to make sure I can get full value.

I think it's one of those books you need to go back to ensure you're being effective. Great guidelines for practice. I'm thinking that using game golf might be a good match for this approach.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I got a hard copy a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying the insights. Its amazing how the common sense isn't that common or how we don't look for it....

I had the same feeling. I think the second part of the book is probably the best thing that's ever been written regarding what they call game planning. Overall there aren't (m)any golf books that are better IMO.

The saying goes, however, that a lie makes it half way around the world before the truth eats breakfast, and unfortunately all of that wrong "wisdom" about golf is still out there. This book will not change that quickly, but I definitely believe it will change it. By the time the next generation of teachers hit the prime of their careers, the LSW principles will be uncontested and will be what everyone teaches and plays. It's like they solved a math problem....the book is sort of a "proof," and eventually people will not be able to disregard it.

I understand numbers and scientific thinking and so on so I feel "qualified" to talk about their statistical section. I don't know what to say about their swing instruction, though. I'm not a pro or a teacher. It seems excellent. But it doesn't seem as unique or ground breaking as the stats stuff is.

• Upvote 2

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, iacas said:

Awesome! Read more Uncle Dave! Read more!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 month later...

I can't add a huge amount to what's been discussed so far in the thread except to say that this book has really changed how I approach my 'home' course for the better. Feeling that each shot is based on a rational, dispassionate judgement, has lowered my average score and gives a sense of confidence that I'll 'get round' even if having a bad day.

Played my first round this past weekend after having read LSW., and was beyond impressed with the results stemming from the shot-mapping strategies.  

Haven't had time to get out to the range and actually map my own shots, so I just used the general oval outlined in the book...still worked quite well.  The ONLY time I deviated from the game plan landed me in serious trouble, turning a potential par/birdie into a triple on a short par 5.  Instead of playing my 2nd shot to the front area of the green (taking dark-shaded bunker & OB out of play), stupidly decided to take it on with more club to tight pin placement.  The adventure out of that bunker is too gruesome to share, but I was kicking myself all the way to the next tee.

After the round, I also realized that using the game plan kept my mind off swing technique/mechanics.  All together, the strategy and resulting "free swing" led to my best round of the year...can't wait to try again.  

- Bill

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've been lurking around the forums for a while and have seen many mentions of this book, so thought I'd like to give it a go and see what its all about.

Unfortunately it seems like the only way to get this delivered to the UK is via ebay, and the only option seems to be to purchase 2 x copies.

Is there any way I can buy just 1 copy of LSW in the UK? I really don't have a need for 2 copies.

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2016 at 5:01 PM, chriswuk said:

Hi,

I've been lurking around the forums for a while and have seen many mentions of this book, so thought I'd like to give it a go and see what its all about.

Unfortunately it seems like the only way to get this delivered to the UK is via ebay, and the only option seems to be to purchase 2 x copies.

Is there any way I can buy just 1 copy of LSW in the UK? I really don't have a need for 2 copies.

Thanks,

Chris

I know I probably shouldn't double post, but I just wanted to update this. I sent a message to @iacas who passed on the details of a distributor/supplier in the UK. I won't post those details here but if anybody would like the information please send me a PM and I will be happy to forward them on.

Just bought a copy and can't wait to get it!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I enjoyed/ appreciate LSW. I just went thru 9 post it sheets decision mapping out tomorrow's course.  2 out of the 1st 4 holes I've gotten into trouble, and it hit me how much I was chancing it when I pulled out driver. My 4 hybrid is really the only shot, cuz there's not much difference distance or control with my 3 wood. 

Looking forward to getting an hour in at a local shop and doing a shot chart for my main clubs. Great stuff! 

While I do have 4 games over the next week, I'm hiking the High Sierra trail the following week, so I'll be off course for 2 weeks.

have fun!

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Just finished my first read through the book. Outstanding! Now I'm going back through it making notes and forming a game plan.  As a senior with a few health issues, not sure I can expect major changes in my swing, but I know I can make my bad shots less bad and use a game plan to score better. Thanks for a great book!

Edited by RWC

Just an older guy with 7 or 8  clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

• Administrator
8 hours ago, RWC said:

Just finished my first read through the book. Outstanding! Now I'm going back through it making notes and forming a game plan.  As a senior with a few health issues, not sure I can expect major changes in my swing, but I know I can make my bad shots less bad and use a game plan to score better. Thanks for a great book!

Thanks! I've given you the LSW award.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished my second read of the book. I have to say I appreciated the content the second time much more than the first. 

After the first read, I put the book down and went out and played a few rounds over a couple of months trying to incorporate the advice and thinking explained in the book and evaluated my game while reading the book for the second time. 

Will now spend the rest of the summer bringing my score down further before going back to the book for a 3rd read.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had LSW 4 days and read it twice. The 5SK's have been great and I took them to the range today working on my driver and approach shots (2/3rds of the SV4's.)

I found the statistical breakdowns fascinating and gave me permission to work on my driver whereas I used to have my 65/20/15 inversed. Loved the book. Will prob buy 3-4 more copies as Christmas gifts! :beer:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

8/04 - played today best round of my life 77 (40/37). I give all the credit to LSW & the 5 mins daily challenge.

• Upvote 1

-Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere, but my search didn't yield any results.  (New to the site and haven't found my way around completely yet :)

I'm in Canada and the link from the site to buy goes to eBay, which is to buy two copies and has almost $20 in shipping.

Is there any better way to get the book in Canada?

Thanks,

Bryan