• Announcements

    • iacas

      Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

      No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
iacas

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

Recommended Posts

Just ordered my copy of LSW.  Had to finish some pesky work related books first -- hate it when job gets in the way of golf!

Looking forward to getting the book and see how much more I can drop the handicap before the course officially closes for the season (last year November 1).   Goal is to get back to single digit by then.

Another badge also please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Just got my copy of LSW from Erik yesterday. Already read it cover to cover but I definitely will be going back and rereading specific sections. I also will now be keeping track of my nGIR in addition to my GIR. 

I took a couple of the drills with me to the range today and saw immediate improvement, especially with the 2 tee drill working on launching the ball higher in the air with the driver. 

I also really liked the 3,6,9 putting drill. I think that between this book and the evolvr lessons I am on a good path to improvement.

Question, is it worth it for me to rent some time using a launch monitor right now to do the shot zone mapping if I'm in the middle of evolvr lessons and getting swing instruction for the first time in my life? Is it possible that my shot zones would change that much as a result of lessons, or am I safe to do the mapping now, knowing that the zones would (hopefully) tighten over time with more lessons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, klineka said:

Just got my copy of LSW from Eric yesterday.

From who?

1 hour ago, klineka said:

I took a couple of the drills with me to the range today and saw immediate improvement, especially with the 2 tee drill working on launching the ball higher in the air with the driver. 

I also really liked the 3,6,9 putting drill. I think that between this book and the evolvr lessons I am on a good path to improvement.

I really should do the two tee drill, especially since my really bad miss with a driver is a pop up that goes maybe 150 yards and left. Especially scary on two holes at my home course (consecutive too) that have O.B. left;  that shot at either very likely costs me two strokes.  I think that drill would help me on that too.

The putting drills (which I've really gotten into lately) have been great. 3-6-9 and the around-the-clock are great.  Get the ruler if you want to work on bead too:  I enjoy that drill and it takes only a few minutes at home. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Swanson-Tool-Company-Ruler/1007805

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, Shindig said:

From who?

I really should do the two tee drill, especially since my really bad miss with a driver is a pop up that goes maybe 150 yards and left. Especially scary on two holes at my home course (consecutive too) that have O.B. left;  that shot at either very likely costs me two strokes.  I think that drill would help me on that too.

The putting drills (which I've really gotten into lately) have been great. 3-6-9 and the around-the-clock are great.  Get the ruler if you want to work on bead too:  I enjoy that drill and it takes only a few minutes at home. 

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Swanson-Tool-Company-Ruler/1007805

Oops I meant from Erik. Rookie mistake:whistle: 

And yeah maybe one night this week ill go get a ruler from Lowe's, although I really want to try to stay around the 65/20/15 for how I split my practice time. Its not as fun but I think I need more work with dry swings in my living room instead of putting since the full swing obviously has a much greater impact on my score

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For those that already have the book, how long did it take to arrive after placing order.  

Now that I have ordered, can't wait to get it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never mind!  Should have looked at my email first.  Had an email with tracking info.  Very excited to dig into the book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just finished reading LSW, and I thought it was outstanding. I wasn't practicing mindlessly, I was on the right track WRT SV's, and I loosely practiced game planning - but the book will/has improved my understanding in all three, and I definitely learned some things I didn't realize at all. I look forward to reading through it again and using it as a reference. Well worth the money - I'm recommending it to those I play golf with looking for insights!

FWIW, an eBook would have increased sales among those I know.

Edited by Midpack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was going to put this on my Christmas list, but I am growing impatient.  If my wife can make me go buy my son an XBox-1 Birthday Gift even though his birthday is not until December, shouldn't I be allowed to buy this now?!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, Midpack said:

FWIW, an eBook would have increased sales among those I know.

I was wondering about this as well, I haven't read a real paper book in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

I was wondering about this as well, I haven't read a real paper book in years.

I far prefer eBooks and hadn't bought a paper book in years either until LSW - I made an exception, something I'm increasingly unlikely to do over the years ahead. YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Midpack said:

I far prefer eBooks and hadn't bought a paper book in years either until LSW - I made an exception, something I'm increasingly unlikely to do over the years ahead. YMMV

We've made the right choice here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Midpack said:

FWIW, an eBook would have increased sales among those I know.

Don't know if it matters, but I agree.  LSW is also the first actual book I have purchased in years.  

On another note, did finish book last night, and now getting ready to start developing my practice plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the paper version of this as I found it easier to carry and lend to my closest golfing buddies to try to show them the light, so to speak.  Unfortunately, this is resulting in them staying quite a bit better than I am but I'm getting there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, scotth said:

Don't know if it matters, but I agree.  LSW is also the first actual book I have purchased in years.

Like I've said we are very happy with our decision to do what we did.

Not really worth making an e-Book. Over 15,000 copies sold in paperback. We chose well. :-)

And we sized it so it would fit in your golf bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 9/20/2017 at 8:28 AM, iacas said:

Like I've said we are very happy with our decision to do what we did.

Not really worth making an e-Book. Over 15,000 copies sold in paperback. We chose well. :-)

And we sized it so it would fit in your golf bag.

That's interesting.  I know next to nothing about publishing, but would have thought it would have been easier and cheaper to make an e-Book than go the paper route.  Did you get advice that you'd get more copies into the hands of people if you went traditional?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2017 at 9:28 PM, iacas said:

Like I've said we are very happy with our decision to do what we did.

Not really worth making an e-Book. Over 15,000 copies sold in paperback. We chose well. :-)

And we sized it so it would fit in your golf bag.

I can understand that.

There may be some untapped international markets you could reach with an e-Book. I wanted to purchase a copy (in Canada), but found that it got too pricey - the order process was through eBay and had to buy two copies and had almost $20 in shipping. As an e-book, I could have bought a single copy and no shipping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, carri10 said:

That's interesting.  I know next to nothing about publishing, but would have thought it would have been easier and cheaper to make an e-Book than go the paper route.  Did you get advice that you'd get more copies into the hands of people if you went traditional?

I went over this years ago and don’t plan to again.

eBooks are easier to steal, people expect to pay significantly less even though costs are often the same through Kindle/iBooks, we wanted something people could easily highlight and take with them, loan, gift, etc.

I own a Kindle. Five actually. I buy a lot of eBooks.

We made the right call.

And you can buy a single copy internationally @skram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now