IGNORED

Hello From A New Sponsor - PhotoCaddy

PCaddy
Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone, I am a new sponsor here at The Sandtrap and I wanted to introduce myself and my new product. I am launching PhotoCaddy Golf in July, an app for iPhone and Android. Before you click the back button, this app is not a range finder, swing analyzer, or stat tracker.

Can you remember all of the golf courses you played last July including who you played with and what the courses were like? If you’re like me, you probably have some recollection but also some definite gaps in your memory. We spend a lot of time at the golf course over the years and have a great time doing it. PhotoCaddy is designed to save all of your golf experiences and memories for you and keep them at your fingertips. PhotoCaddy will record golf courses, dates, group members, and photos. It plots a map with all the golf courses you’ve played, then displays all of the information you’ve saved inside each pin on the map. If you are interested in finding out more, go to www.PhotoCaddyGolf.com or check out a short video here:

The concept for PhotoCaddy came from golf ball display cases and pinned travel maps. I’ve always thought golf ball display cases were neat and even started to collect balls from the courses I’ve played. About a year ago a friend showed me their travel map, a map displayed on their wall with pins of all the locations they had travelled. I thought about how I’d been collecting golf balls and how it would be neat to display them on a map. After that I started developing PhotoCaddy.

A little bit about me personally, I am a Mechanical Engineer living in Ottawa. I grew up playing golf and hockey and I still play both. I’m a lefty who has a bad tendency to hook the ball off the tee. At the moment I am really enjoying watching the World Cup.

To start things off, I will give a free app (iPhone and Android only) to the first 5 people who reply to this thread and tell me their favourite golf course which they have played. And if anyone has any questions I’d be happy to answer them.

PhotoCaddy golf app is designed to save all of your golf experiences and memories for you and keep them at your fingertips. The app will record golf courses, dates, group members, and photos. It plots a map with all the golf courses you’ve played, then displays all of the information you’ve saved inside each pin on the map. 

Find out more at www.PhotoCaddyGolf.com

Get it on Android here

Get it on iPhone here

Welcome to the sandtrap.. This actually sounds very interesting.. My favorite golf course right now is Dirab golf and country club in Riyadh KSA.. Welcome and good luck with the app. Eyad

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi PCaddy.  My favorite course that I've played would be Princeville on Kauai.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Looks interesting.  I will let another respond for the free app as I typically play the same course all the time.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Welcome to the Sandtrap. My Favorite course that I've played is Pacific Grove Golf Links

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Welcome to the site @PCaddy !

My favorite course is the Stadium Course, TPC Sawgrass.   Unfortunately, I don't get to play that one very often.  Locally, I really enjoy the two courses at Orange County National here in Orlando.

I know you're here primarily to market your app, but I hope you'll stick around and participate in the forum too! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Welcome, @PCaddy ! That's a pretty cool idea you have there. I love to collect souvenirs from golf, too. Btw my favorite course is Disney's Magnolia.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Looks like a very cool app!  My favorite course is the Plantation Course at Kapalua.  Got to play it with my wife as a two-some.  Great course, unbelievable views.

Welcome to the site @PCaddy .  Thanks for being a sponsor.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Welcome to TST! I've probably missed the free app, but I'll add that my favorite course I've played is Rancho Park in Los Angeles. I do have a question for you, related to the picture you posted: can you set me up to play golf with Bruce Wayne? I've never seen him do more than putting, and that was him giving a putting lesson (not a metaphor) to his secretary. Not surprisingly, he had a Scotty Cameron in the office. Kidding, of course. The app sounds cool, though. Thanks for joining TST!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Welcome to TST! I've probably missed the free app, but I'll add that my favorite course I've played is Rancho Park in Los Angeles. I do have a question for you, related to the picture you posted: can you set me up to play golf with Bruce Wayne? I've never seen him do more than putting, and that was him giving a putting lesson (not a metaphor) to his secretary. Not surprisingly, he had a Scotty Cameron in the office. Kidding, of course. The app sounds cool, though. Thanks for joining TST!

You can have mine! Cheers!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Welcome @PCaddy . Interesting app, I definitely like the  idea of keeping a memory of courses played.

I have a 4-way tie for my favorite course (River course at Queenstown Golf Links in MD, Robert Trent Jones course at Lyman Orchards in CT, Lake Presidential in MD, Neshanic Valley in NJ)

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Damn ... always last in line ... :)

Welcome and hope stick around the place.

My favorite course was/is Lahinch in Ireland ,,,

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Thank you to all of you for the warm welcome. I definitely plan to stick around and chat with you all (and not just about PhotoCaddy or apps)! Thanks for sharing your favourite golf courses too, there was a nice variety listed. I realized I didn’t list my favourite course which is TPC Stonebrae. I’ve only played it once but it was a lot of fun.

Congratulations to the free app winners:

@davechen

@RonTheSavage

@David in FL

@billchao

@Shindig (generously given by @Abu3baid )

I will send the 5 of you the details on how to get your free app when it is released in July.

@Shindig , I like to make my test cases in the app super hero names (they are easy to remember). I also use James Bond, Peter Parker, and Clark Kent haha.

PhotoCaddy golf app is designed to save all of your golf experiences and memories for you and keep them at your fingertips. The app will record golf courses, dates, group members, and photos. It plots a map with all the golf courses you’ve played, then displays all of the information you’ve saved inside each pin on the map. 

Find out more at www.PhotoCaddyGolf.com

Get it on Android here

Get it on iPhone here

Awesome! This will come in handy in the following months...

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!