IGNORED

My Swing (boogielicious)

boogielicious

@boogielicious  Are you really a 12.6 handicap?  Your swing looks great!

Thanks. I'm always working to get better. 

He's a sandbagger :-P

I wish!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Below are what I do for my mirror work sessions. These swing are at 50 to 70%. I usually start these off with mapping from position to position. All the priority pieces below are from my Evolvr sessions last year. I submitted these two videos for this month.

Focus is on:

1. Centered hip turn in the backswing - Keeping my right hip from drifting back as I turn and ending up with the feeling like my left hip is moving toward the target at A4. I still have a tendency to sway a little bit, especially toward the end of the round. Here I am sliding a bit forward before the hands start down as an exaggeration. I also use the feel of my right back pocket moving up and back toward the target.
  2. Getting my hands deeper at A4.
  3. Flattening the shaft from A4 to 5. This one is taking a long time to master. Here I am going with the feel of having my right elbow going down and in front while my hips move forward and being to rotate. This seems to stop the shaft from getting steeper.
  4. Rotating the hips faster, which will appear to close the knees faster from A6 to 8. Didn't do so well on this with these swings.

When I start to swing full speed, some of this sequence gets messed up. So for the last two weeks or so, all the swings have been slow, 25 - 70% max.

Scott

My Swing Thread

19 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I like your swing, Scott. :beer:

Thanks. Getting there slowly. :-P

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

One small thing… wouldn't mind seeing the hips forward a little teeny bit more at setup (without your head going along with it).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

You are one brave man hitting a golf ball with mirrored walls.  

I'm not that brave! Foam

1 hour ago, iacas said:

One small thing… wouldn't mind seeing the hips forward a little teeny bit more at setup (without your head going along with it).

Great, thanks!

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

I think they're foam balls of some kind. :beer:

Good call. I've launched a few at times!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Looking good Scott. The question is, how did you manage to get an empty room? You must have pull. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Looking good Scott. The question is, how did you manage to get an empty room? You must have pull. :-)

I go early when no one else is there!

Scott

My Swing Thread

22 hours ago, boogielicious said:

3. Flattening the shaft from A4 to 5. This one is taking a long time to master. Here I am going with the feel of having my right elbow going down and in front while my hips move forward and being to rotate. This seems to stop the shaft from getting steeper.

Completely get this sentiment. It's taking me ages as well and Brian's gone through about three or four different ideas to try to get it through to me... Really like the way you're going about it though and the swing looks good - keep it up! Followed :-)

Edited by b101

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Yea @boogielicious, swing is looking good!

Totally jealous of your golf training facility ;-). It was below 40 yesterday and I practiced in a T-shirt so I could get good video.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

23 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I go early when no one else is there!

Spoiler

:offtopic:

I did what you did too, in a relative's condo fitness center - I think it's in my swing thread. Security saw me on camera, paid me a visit, thought I was hitting a real ball. Once he handled the ball, he was like, oh, okay, no problem. I didn't use a net though, no one was there and just let the foam ball bounce around, I think I pegged myself a couple of times. it was a big place with high high ceilings. When it's the dead of winter, sometimes you just gotta make some swings somehow. The great thing about fitness centers like that are the ubiquitous mirrors. No problem seeing yourself in a mirror.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, b101 said:

Completely get this sentiment. It's taking me ages as well and Brian's gone through about three or four different ideas to try to get it through to me... Really like the way you're going about it though and the swing looks good - keep it up! Followed :-)

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yea @boogielicious, swing is looking good!

Totally jealous of your golf training facility ;-). It was below 40 yesterday and I practiced in a T-shirt so I could get good video.

? I hate when I wear something that you can't see the elbow on video. It's like a wasted session.

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I worry about the sprinkler head even with a foam ball. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

New drill. Focus is to get my hips to rotate at the start of the downswing. I tend to slide and turn a bit late. My secondary piece is still the back swing and hips position at the top.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...

Below are my latest drills with the 7 iron and driver. Focus is on getting the hips and arms to sequence in the down swing and getting the shaft flatter at A5. I progressively swing faster each rep. Last swing is around 70 percent. I am making some progress. A bit too much hip sway in the driver face on view. I don't think the board helps, but I'm trying to get a level spot to swing on.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...

I've been working a new lesson with Evolvr and it has improved my irons and fairways. I'm not hooking as much. But I am really struggling with the driver, which is my weakest club.  The last three rounds I am 1/13 with the driver, meaning only one drive put me in position for a good second shot. Ironically, it was on one of my nemesis holes a 418 dogleg par 4.

With my 3 and 5 woods off the tee, I am fairing much better, 15/21 off the tee. I'm hitting my 3W about 210-220 and my 5 190-200. My driver, when straight is averaging 220-230. Unless I can improve my driver, there is no reason to put it in my bag for now.

the odd thing is at the range, my drives are predictable with a slight fade to a 20-30 yard fade. I could play with that. But on the course I am having a two way miss and really have no confidence in it right now. I'll keep working my lesson and see what happens.  

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I've been working a new lesson with Evolvr and it has improved my irons and fairways. I'm not hooking as much. But I am really struggling with the driver, which is my weakest club.  The last three rounds I am 1/13 with the driver, meaning only one drive put me in position for a good second shot. Ironically, it was on one of my nemesis holes a 418 dogleg par 4.

With my 3 and 5 woods off the tee, I am fairing much better, 15/21 off the tee. I'm hitting my 3W about 210-220 and my 5 190-200. My driver, when straight is averaging 220-230. Unless I can improve my driver, there is no reason to put it in my bag for now.

the odd thing is at the range, my drives are predictable with a slight fade to a 20-30 yard fade. I could play with that. But on the course I am having a two way miss and really have no confidence in it right now. I'll keep working my lesson and see what happens.  

If you're only going to gain 10 yards but risk losing strokes off errant shots, I'd say it's not worth using the driver.

Are you setting up differently on the range? I'm assuming you have mats; is the geometry (or lack thereof) on the course changing your ball position or alignment?

I never trust my driver on the range because I can never get the tee height the same as how I play it on the course. I once bought my own rubber tees just so I can cut them and bring them to the range, but I have misplaced them somewhere.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread