IGNORED

Concealed Carry on The Course

EZPZ
Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And I dare say he will have good grounds for self defense. Anyway, lucky we aren't discussing something mildly contentious like Palestinian anti-semitism??!?!? :) Regards Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Its certainly your right to ban guns from your property. Believe me or don't, it happened. I didnt go looking for trouble, it came and found me. I asked the question who else carries, not who agrees with it. And it would have been just fine without getting unwarranted "advice" from people that have never met me on how I should conduct myself, considering that none of my hypothetical actions would have been illegal or unjustified.

After reading this thread, I am going to question whether we need to institute a ban on concealed weapons on our property. I find it disconcerting to think that some may be packing, not just on the course, but on the property, as we have a liquor license.

Kind of surprising they're not already banned in a leftist hamlet such as Philly.

There is one benefit though – the place could join the National Registry of Target-Rich Environments.

John

And I dare say he will have good grounds for self defense.

Anyway, lucky we aren't discussing something mildly contentious like Palestinian anti-semitism??!?!? :)

Regards

Mailman

Yeah, the situation there seems really hopeless. The Israeli avenged the deaths of three teens, now the Palestinians are avenging the death of one of the suspects. . .

There's never a good end to this cycle of violence.

I always thought of the golf course as a relief from these things.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Kind of surprising they're not already banned in a leftist hamlet such as Philly.

There is one benefit though – the place could join the National Registry of Target-Rich Environments.

PA is one of the largest hunting states around.

Lot's of lefty bow hunters too!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

You only need a gun when you need it. Hopefully you never have to use it. And I doubt it would ever be used. I had a friend who always carried. A group of young punks confronted him with the intent of "having some fun". They had chains and lead pipes. My friend simply pulled his 45 cal and hung it at his side. Didn't even point it at them. Just said, "Can I help you?". They took off for easier prey. That's by far the most common use of a gun for self defense. In the words of G Gordon Liddy, "Two to the chest, one to the head." "Never shoot to wound. When they're dead, the only story is yours".

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Let's refrain from phrasing things quite like that, please. That could be read very harshly, and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean it that strongly.

I appreciate it. That was intended in an "are you listening?" kind of way. I'll watch it.

I think OP is overreacting to one incident.   Any club in your bag makes a good weapon to fend off drunks.  No need for a gun unless there are bears with cubs.

I had number of run ins with other golfers but not enough to warrant carrying a gun.   In fact, if I had a gun, I could have used on someone in one of the run ins.   Then, I'd be in jail instead of playing golf.

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Not a lack of understanding I think it's fiction. Specifically with the intent of spreading a pro gun message.

I think your handicap is fiction also

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

I think your handicap is fiction also

That has anything to do with this conversation how? Since it doesn't, maybe you'll realize that these type of comments don't facilitate anything towards a meaningful discussion. Keep the snide remarks to a minimum please!

:offtopic:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

That has anything to do with this conversation how? Since it doesn't, maybe you'll realize that these type of comments don't facilitate anything towards a meaningful discussion. Keep the snide remarks to a minimum please!

A joke, A joke, A joke. Didn't see you post when the guy said I was an irresponsible parent, was that on topic ?

thats the bad thing about the internet, know one knows if you are smiling, frowning, or mad when you type something.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

A joke, A joke, A joke. Didn't see you post when the guy said I was an irresponsible parent, was that on topic ?

thats the bad thing about the internet, know one knows if you are smiling, frowning, or mad when you type something.

Nope, but I didn't catch him saying that :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

A joke, A joke, A joke. Didn't see you post when the guy said I was an irresponsible parent, was that on topic ? thats the bad thing about the internet, know one knows if you are smiling, frowning, or mad when you type something.

I never said anything about your parenting, but my index is legit. I don't think 10ish is anything special so your zing has no sting. I suck, at golf.

Dave :-)

I think OP is overreacting to one incident.   Any club in your bag makes a good weapon to fend off drunks.  No need for a gun unless there are bears with cubs.

I had number of run ins with other golfers but not enough to warrant carrying a gun.   In fact, if I had a gun, I could have used on someone in one of the run ins.   Then, I'd be in jail instead of playing golf.

Yeah I agree with this.  Taking a gun to a golf course seems like some childish macho bullshit in all honesty.

If you're road tripping, or camping, or somewhere else without reliable cellphone service then maybe it's more appropriate but from what I've seen people with these conceal permits use them to take guns into the dumbest, most unnecessary places.

And this is coming from someone who grew up in a rural area and has owned a gun since before they were a teenager.

I own guns, but I don't carry in public. My thought is that the only reason they should come out of the safe is to take to the range for practice, or to shoot someone who has put my family in danger. I have some friends and family who carry, and I feel comfortable 9 times out of 10 around them. I do have one friend who I won't go anywhere near if I know he's carrying... He's the one out of 10 looking for an excuse to try to intimidate someone with it. I've had a gun pulled on me twice, and it sucked. But I don't think me having a gun would have changed anything... It was too late by the time I had a gun at my face. I have a friend who was jumped at a golf course when he was playing as a single, they stole his phone and wallet. Heard of it happening to another single in the same area of the course. The course is not in a horrible area, nor nice area, but close enough that passing through isn't difficult for someone with bad intentions. Maybe it's just like anywhere else, travel in numbers for safety. I still played the course on occasion until I moved... But never as a single again. I'm OK with guns (golf course or not) as long as the beholder is responsible and considerate. There is my two cents..

Within 10yds, I'll trust a good 4iron traveling at 140mph or whatever to the body or head to stop someone than a bullet that may or may not hit something important enough to stop a person dead.  Or a knife, knife works just as good in short distances.  But in all honesty, a drunk guy carrying a golf club can't run nearly as fast as I can if it came to it.  I'm not willing to end a life because someone is drunk and stupid and coming for me.  And of course, as any one should know of self defense is to put distance between you and the person that you think is looking for trouble and not just stand there like an idiot.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I love the dirty debate of democracy! I hope you all have guns on the course. That way I know you will all be particularly polite, which is how I like my game. I also like a man who is unafraid to carry, and has the intelligence to use the tool he carries appropriately. I would never let you know what I carry. Or if I carry. So be polite.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!