IGNORED

Barkley's new swing...

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just give me 10 minutes with him...

You guys are good but...

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rofl, McLoughlin Project: Barkley soon to debut on The Sand Trap!

As long as it is not confused with the Mclaughlin project, we're good. ;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

The thing is, and I just looked on Youtube to find it & couldn't, is at one time he actually had a decent swing with none of the start/stop herky-jerky stuff. Somewhere along the way it got into his kitchen & he can't stop doing it.

I bet if the meet is in SoCal, he's good... go for it, Mike!

Get him flowing and not piecing it.

http://charlesbarkley.com/email-your-thoughts-and-questions-to-charles/

I think HH approached him incorrectly. It's a head issue. I've heard that without a crowd, he is fine. Meditation? Drown out the demons? Maybe show him how Phil, Els, Tiger all hit people ... and it's okay... part of the risk one accepts as a spectator.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

It would certainly be a project. I think it's part mental and part physical. He puts himself in such a bad position on the downswing, head goes down and forward, shaft is super steep, that he has to stop his swing. Obviously there's a mental part because he can make a practice swing but when the ball is there he reverts to making a non-functional movement.

You basically have to get him making basic motions, doing drills, setting up stations that give him instant feedback, all in an effort to rewire his brain. The one handed swings are probably not a bad way to start.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

It would certainly be a project. I think it's part mental and part physical. He puts himself in such a bad position on the downswing, head goes down and forward, shaft is super steep, that he has to stop his swing. Obviously there's a mental part because he can make a practice swing but when the ball is there he reverts to making a non-functional movement.

You basically have to get him making basic motions, doing drills, setting up stations that give him instant feedback, all in an effort to rewire his brain. The one handed swings are probably not a bad way to start.

I'd have to say, if you were able to get him to work with you and got him playing decent again that would probably be the single biggest advertisement ever. Talk about getting a flood of new students, you'd never be able to keep up....

On second thought, don't work with him! We'd never hear from you again because you'd be so busy haha!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Played behind him many years ago one summer when he was still playing basketball and he had a decent swing, Hit it long as well. Has to be all in his head.

Bill M

I'd have to say, if you were able to get him to work with you and got him playing decent again that would probably be the single biggest advertisement ever. Talk about getting a flood of new students, you'd never be able to keep up....

On second thought, don't work with him! We'd never hear from you again because you'd be so busy haha!

I always thought a better show than The Haney Project would be a show taking multiple players of the same handicap and have different instructors, with different philosophies, have their own teams for a period of time and see which team wins.

The drawbacks would be for the instructors to put themselves on the line with the possibility that they might have the best roadmap to improvement but lose to someone that uses more Band Aids for short term success.

- Shane

I think only a guy like Charles Barkley could keep going out there like that. He was one of the greatest in the world at basketball. He'll always have that. That makes it possible for him to put himself out there like that. I'd guess he probably makes some coin along the way just for showing up.

Someone like me (with no real accomplishments worth noting) would probably quit before it got that bad.

Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!