IGNORED

Are you ready for some NFL Football? 2014 Edition.

phan52
Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Jets just completed a trade with Seattle for Percy Harvin.  Jet's gave up a conditional mid-round draft pick in next years draft.  It looks like Rex is trying to address the lack of weapons Geno has, especially deep.  If Harvin stays healthy and helps the Jets win a few games it might be worth it.

:bugout:

What in the hell is Seattle thinking??? Or does he have another injury that we don't know about?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the hell is Seattle thinking??? Or does he have another injury that we don't know about?

I was wondering what the jets were thinking, at 1-6 their season is over (even in a weak division)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was wondering what the jets were thinking, at 1-6 their season is over (even in a weak division)

For a mid-round pick. :hmm:

Sounds to me like some kind of a dispute or locker room trouble in Seattle and they are dumping the problem (at least from their point of view).

I can't see where the Jets are taking any risk in that deal...Unlikely to help them but that mid-round pick wasn't going to save them either.

For a mid-round pick.

Sounds to me like some kind of a dispute or locker room trouble in Seattle and they are dumping the problem (at least from their point of view).

I can't see where the Jets are taking any risk in that deal...Unlikely to help them but that mid-round pick wasn't going to save them either.

What i am reading is a conditional 2nd-4th round pick - I could see a contender making that deal, but during rex ryans firing tour - it makes little sense.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

What i am reading is a conditional 2nd-4th round pick - I could see a contender making that deal, but during rex ryans firing tour - it makes little sense.

I believe Harvin is without a guaranteed contract for 2015 and Seattle can't afford to keep him so they have been looking to trade him for a while.  The Jets offered them the most upside depending on how he plays plus they have the cap room to sign him longer term if they choose to.

I was pretty sure Rex would get fired if the Pats blew them out but given the performance I think he bought the rest of the season unless they really tank.  Harvin gives defenses someone other than Decker to worry about so it's a good move for them, especially if they can sign him long term.

Joe Paradiso

Jets just completed a trade with Seattle for Percy Harvin.  Jet's gave up a conditional mid-round draft pick in next years draft.  It looks like Rex is trying to address the lack of weapons Geno has, especially deep.  If Harvin stays healthy and helps the Jets win a few games it might be worth it.

This was curious to me. A conditional mid-round pick? Think he's worth a 3rd, at least, no? Don't see how this benefits Sea unless he was a cancer in the locker room. Edit: Didn't see the follow-on emails, as they were on the next page on my app. Guess others think this is curious 2, unless 2nd to 4th is accurate.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

This was curious to me. A conditional mid-round pick? Think he's worth a 3rd, at least, no? Don't see how this benefits Sea unless he was a cancer in the locker room.

Edit: Didn't see the follow-on emails, as they were on the next page on my app. Guess others think this is curious 2, unless 2nd to 4th is accurate.

The "hit rate" on a 3rd round draft pick is around 35% to 40%. A trade like that is usually for somebody like a second string right guard that's good enough to start for somebody but sitting behind a better player.

It's an eyebrow raiser when Percy Harvin = a 35% to 40% future coin toss. Somebody knows something I don't know.

The "hit rate" on a 3rd round draft pick is around 35% to 40%. A trade like that is usually for somebody like a second string right guard that's good enough to start for somebody but sitting behind a better player. It's an eyebrow raiser when Percy Harvin = a 35% to 40% future coin toss. Somebody knows something I don't know.

Yep, he must have pissed off RW or Carroll, somehow. He did stink it up last week against Dallas and hasn't had a great season but I have a hard time believing this was a performance-based decision because that dude is dangerous and could break one at any moment.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

If you really look at Percy's production it isn't all that special.  He has flashes but then he disappears for a while (sometime games at a time).  I read he got into a physical altercation in the locker room.  Who know if that true but they need the cap space to sign Wilson anyway and if he's a cancer in he locker room the move makes sense.  He is a unbelievable athlete when he's health but he if you look at he's production he's not worth what he's being played.

2014 Rec: 22  Yards: 133  TD: 0

Rush:11  Yards:92    TD:1

Ret: 12    Yards:283  TD 0

Salary 2014:$7,117,648

2015: 10,500,000

Yep, he must have pissed off RW or Carroll, somehow. He did stink it up last week against Dallas and hasn't had a great season but I have a hard time believing this was a performance-based decision because that dude is dangerous and could break one at any moment.

Actually Harvin scored three TD's against Dallas but they were all called back due to offensive penalties by other members of the offense.  Seattle is a running team, between Lynch and Wilson running the ball and short passes to Lynch there aren't a lot of offensive plays left for WR's.  Harvin led the team with 22 receptions for 133 yards while Baldwin has 16 receptions for 187 yards and Kearse 11 receptions for 168 yards.

I'm sure Harvin isn't excited about the number of targets he's getting as a WR and has taken a pounding on the 11 rushing attempts he's be given, 1 of which represents his only TD.

For the Jet's, Harvin will force teams to choose double coverage between him and Decker which should open up opportunities for Kerley and Amaro.  If he plays great for the Jets, they give up a 2nd round pick, if he doesn't, a 4th round pick, not much risk.  Plus he has three more non-guaranteed years on his contract so the Jets can keep him at current deal or renegotiate at a lower price.  The Jets definitely need a playmaker and Harvin has the upside to be it.

Joe Paradiso

I think the 3 td's were against Washington and two were on back to back plays so one of those wouldn't have counted anyway.  I think he's good but he isn't worth he $$$.  Not when they have to sign Wilson and wanna keep the D mostly in tact.  They did win the SB last year without him so its not like they are loosing a key piece of their offense.

I think the 3 td's were against Washington and two were on back to back plays so one of those wouldn't have counted anyway.  I think he's good but he isn't worth he $$$.  Not when they have to sign Wilson and wanna keep the D mostly in tact.  They did win the SB last year without him so its not like they are loosing a key piece of their offense.

Not sure where those 3 non-tds occurred but definitely wasn't against Dal, I watched every snap of that game. Harvin was a non-factor.

Not sure where those 3 non-tds occurred but definitely wasn't against Dal, I watched every snap of that game. Harvin was a non-factor.

You and @Jakester23 wasn't Dallas, it was Washington.

Joe Paradiso

If we're counting woulda and shouldas, take away his lone TD because he stepped out of bounds.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

If we're counting woulda and shouldas, take away his lone TD because he stepped out of bounds.

Maybe so, but we're talking about the Jets.  With the exception of Decker I doubt the other Jet's WR's could even make any other NFL teams, no less be the #2 and #3 WR's.  Harvin will at least be a decoy and give other teams a reason to not double / triple team Decker and maybe free up Amaro.

Joe Paradiso

Maybe so, but we're talking about the Jets.  With the exception of Decker I doubt the other Jet's WR's could even make any other NFL teams, no less be the #2 and #3 WR's.  Harvin will at least be a decoy and give other teams a reason to not double / triple team Decker and maybe free up Amaro.

None of this is important.  Only one thing matters at this point:

Will Harvin retain ANY fantasy value on the Jets?  I have two fantasy teams, and he somehow ended up on both of them.  How much do I need to worry?!?!?! :beer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

None of this is important.  Only one thing matters at this point:

Will Harvin retain ANY fantasy value on the Jets?  I have two fantasy teams, and he somehow ended up on both of them.  How much do I need to worry?!?!?!

Just my opinion but I think his fantasy value goes up because the Jets will at least make an attempt to use him more.

Woohoo, I hope you're right! ;)

I'm really enjoying this FSU-Notre Dame game as well!  I find myself rooting for ND for some reason.  (Never done that before)

Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!