IGNORED

What's Fairest?

MEfree
Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 Situations-

1. Mystery Holes Net Computation- 9 Mystery Holes are picked at random after the completion of an 18 hole round.  How would you compute NET SCORE?

a.  Half of each Players Handicap.

b.  Strokes as they fall (i.e. an 18 capper would always get 9 shots, but a 9 capper could get as few as 0 and as many as 9 depending on which handicap holes were selected.

c.  Something else.

2.  A " Closest to the Hole " Proxy was mistakenly set up by a green on a short par 5 without any specification of whether it was closest 2nd, 3rd or any shot from off the green.  The first name on the board marked "in 2" by his name, but the name after did not (and likely was in a scramble group that didn't reach the green in 2).  A subsequent player's 2nd shot comes to rest 2 inches outside the player who likely was there in 3.  How would you determine winner?

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

42? Is the answer 42? I think it is but I'm not entirely sure I'm following the post. You know what? I think it's 42 and I'm sticking to that.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Half the players handicap in response to your question 1. No idea in response to your question 2. Sounds like whoever set that competition up screwed up pretty good.

2 Situations- 1. Mystery Holes Net Computation- 9 Mystery Holes are picked at random after the completion of an 18 hole round.  How would you compute NET SCORE? a.  Half of each Players Handicap. b.  Strokes as they fall (i.e. an 18 capper would always get 9 shots, but a 9 capper could get as few as 0 and as many as 9 depending on which handicap holes were selected. c.  Something else. 2.  A " Closest to the Hole " Proxy was mistakenly set up by a green on a short par 5 without any specification of whether it was closest 2nd, 3rd or any shot from off the green.  The first name on the board marked "in 2" by his name, but the name after did not (and likely was in a scramble group that didn't reach the green in 2).  A subsequent player's 2nd shot comes to rest 2 inches outside the player who likely was there in 3.  How would you determine winner?

I agree.

42? Is the answer 42? I think it is but I'm not entirely sure I'm following the post. You know what? I think it's 42 and I'm sticking to that.

Bennie's corollary: "What's 6 times 7?" :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Snow White.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Well, I dunno, but I used to have one. It was purple and then the wheels fell off. Damn shame, those peaches were ripe! Four stones to a windmill!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Half the players handicap in response to your question 1.

No idea in response to your question 2. Sounds like whoever set that competition up screwed up pretty good.

Agreed on both counts. "b" is like winning a lottery. It has as much luck as skill.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

The guy that decided to put the "closest to the hole" contest on a par 5 should be forced to buy everybody a prize. ;-)

The guy that decided to put the "closest to the hole" contest on a par 5 should be forced to buy everybody a prize.

I was going to say...this is one of many good reasons to do your closest to the pin on a par 3.

2 Situations- 1. Mystery Holes Net Computation- 9 Mystery Holes are picked at random after the completion of an 18 hole round.  How would you compute NET SCORE? a.  Half of each Players Handicap. b.  Strokes as they fall (i.e. an 18 capper would always get 9 shots, but a 9 capper could get as few as 0 and as many as 9 depending on which handicap holes were selected. c.  Something else. 2.  A " Closest to the Hole " Proxy was mistakenly set up by a green on a short par 5 without any specification of whether it was closest 2nd, 3rd or any shot from off the green.  The first name on the board marked "in 2" by his name, but the name after did not (and likely was in a scramble group that didn't reach the green in 2).  A subsequent player's 2nd shot comes to rest 2 inches outside the player who likely was there in 3. How would you determine winner?

Flip a quarter?

- Shane

The concept of "fair" has no place in the game of golf!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I am such an idiot!!!

I just realized how clever you are.

Lol. Take your time GD, we'll wait for you. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I am such an idiot!!!

I just realized how clever you are.

I see the humor in the Snow White reference, but have you figured out the humor in "42"?

The guy that decided to put the "closest to the hole" contest on a par 5 should be forced to buy everybody a prize.

The gal who does it was considering giving everyone a (likely small) prize or just drawing names from everyone on the list.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

I see the humor in the Snow White reference, but have you figured out the humor in "42"?

The gal who does it was considering giving everyone a (likely small) prize or just drawing names from everyone on the list.

I assumed it was a reference to "Hitchhikers Guide. . ." Douglas Adams.

That makes the most sense for the solution to item 2.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I assumed it was a reference to "Hitchhikers Guide. . ." Douglas Adams.

DON'T PANIC.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!