IGNORED

2014 WGC Bridgestone Invitational Discussion Thread

DCrotty22
Note: This thread is 3555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We'll see man. I'm tellin ya Patty Reed, Brendon Todd, and Chris Kirk ARE the faces of golf.

Proud American here, maybe even a jingoist, but I'll take McIlroy, Rose and Garcia over those three every time.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We'll see man. I'm tellin ya Patty Reed, Brendon Todd, and Chris Kirk ARE the faces of golf.

If they are, then re-runs of The Brady Bunch will get higher weekend ratings than the PGA Tour.

We are absolutely screwed at the Ryder Cup.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

We are absolutely screwed at the Ryder Cup.

Truth.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Lol Tiger is quite pissy today. When is he gonna wake up an fix this driver issue? Faldo being pretty critical on him and I agree. Maybe Sean Foley is not the best fit, i dont know. I'm sure playing with Bubba today isnt helping him.

And a double bogey for Tiger because he is absolutely awful off the tee. Pulled drive completely off line. No shot to get out of hit that he hit an clunked off a tree. Approach shot gave him nothing but a layup. Chip on for bogey and then was all pissed off and pulled a 5 footer. Tap in double bogey on a very par-able 4.

Truth.

Seriously though, I think Furyk and Rickie are gonna have to carry this team. They are the only ones playing great right now. Bubba has really tailed off. If i'm Watson, I probably am not picking Tiger or Phil at this point. DJ out. Think he's gonna be forced to take some lesser names if they are playing well leading up to it and hope they can be a cinderella story. I would definitely pick a guy like Keegan and hope he can stir up some magic.

Wow, I didn't follow this much at all yesterday, logged on to Pgatour.com this morning to see my man Rory tore it up yesterday! Nice!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The broadcast info on the PGA website is confusing. Is GC broadcasting the 3rd round now? I just see talking heads talking DJ on the stream right now.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Seriously though, I think Furyk and Rickie are gonna have to carry this team. They are the only ones playing great right now. Bubba has really tailed off. If i'm Watson, I probably am not picking Tiger or Phil at this point. DJ out. Think he's gonna be forced to take some lesser names if they are playing well leading up to it and hope they can be a cinderella story. I would definitely pick a guy like Keegan and hope he can stir up some magic.

Watson's a guy who might do that, meaning pick some lesser names and try to shock the world. But the opportunity for 24-4 rout would be there too.

And a double bogey for Tiger because he is absolutely awful off the tee. Pulled drive completely off line. No shot to get out of hit that he hit an clunked off a tree. Approach shot gave him nothing but a layup. Chip on for bogey and then was all pissed off and pulled a 5 footer. Tap in double bogey on a very par-able 4.

He's struggling off the tee but lets also remember he had major back surgery 3 months ago.  It was mentioned during the Bridgestone coverage that other golfers that had the same surgery took 6 months before they came back, so I'm hoping his struggles are caused by lingering effects of the surgery.

Joe Paradiso

McIlroy, Garcia, Rose and Fowler....maybe even throw Leishman in there. These guys have been red hot for about a month now. You've gotta think they will be factors next week as well....maybe even throw Keegan in there who's been playing really well of late.

Finally a solid round (so far) from Luiten. -2 after 11. Hope he finds his form again on time for the PGA Championship.

~Jorrit

McIlroy, Garcia, Rose and Fowler....maybe even throw Leishman in there. These guys have been red hot for about a month now. You've gotta think they will be factors next week as well....maybe even throw Keegan in there who's been playing really well of late.

I really like Rose or Fowler next week. This year has been so far a 2nd major for 2 an then Rory just being damn good. I dont see Rory getting his 4th next week for some reason...seems too much to expect of him. I like how Fowler has been in contention in all of them so far this year. But Rose is my pick next week. Just all around good game, he can close and I just feel like this year is gonna finish with another guy eclipsing his 2nd major.

He's struggling off the tee but lets also remember he had major back surgery 3 months ago.  It was mentioned during the Bridgestone coverage that other golfers that had the same surgery took 6 months before they came back, so I'm hoping his struggles are caused by lingering effects of the surgery.

Well aware, but he has been poor off the tee accuracy wise for some time. Now his distance isnt over powering anyone anymore and you got a bad combo. At least when he was leading in total driving or up there it was mainly because of his distance. His accuracy has been mediocre to bad for years. The other scary thing about him is he is missing in both directions right now. It would be one thing if he was pushing everything, but my lord he is snap hooking them, cutting some, pushing some, slicing, drawing, all over the place but the center of the fairway.

Note: This thread is 3555 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!