IGNORED

Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes.  100% yes.  What DJ did pales in comparison to what each of those wives did.

So give me a "Thumbs Up", or are ya scared I'll keep the Barney Cake ? :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FWIW, I believe that it's the wives in that situation who bear the majority of the blame. DJ wasn't the one who was married, that doesn't make it right but I'm always a little surprised how people always want to put all the blame on the "other man or women" and treat the wife or husband (who's actually the only one cheating) as some kind of victim.

Lets say the women is cheating on her husband. If the Male she is cheating with knows about the marriage, then it is 50/50 blame. Since he isn't respecting of her being married. If the woman lied about being married or never told the guy (hide the ring), then it is 100% her fault.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Lets say the women is cheating on her husband. If the Male she is cheating with knows about the marriage, then it is 50/50 blame. Since he isn't respecting of her being married. If the woman lied about being married or never told the guy (hide the ring), then it is 100% her fault.

That is why I have no issue with what I said.. I mean if someone sleeps with his coworkers wife does he really get no blame? I don't really care about blaming the women at this juncture as they are not the story.. We can call then scum, but that's not adding anything to the discussion! The fact that he slept with two coworkers wives gives you insight into his personality and even arrogance, he doesn't just do it once, but twice? Couple that with being a coke head? Well, you get the perfect storm all coming down on someone who by all means was talented!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Can't say I necessarily disagree, but only the wives in this scenario are cheating on their spouses. What DJ (allegedly) did was wrong, no question about it but he didn't rape these women, they were willing participants and possibly even the instigators for all I know. Hell, they may have been bringing the cocaine...

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Part of golf that is appealing to me is the integrity of the players. I'm glad the PGA did the right thing suspending him. Honestly, I had no idea about any of these other things he has done. Getting kicked out should be the next step. This should be a lesson to all athletes.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

That is why I have no issue with what I said..

Well colour me surprised.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Agree with the second half, disagree with the first half.  It's most definitely not 50/50.  As far as he knows, they are considering getting separated, or simply on the rocks, or who knows what.

"The other man/woman" certainly deserves some blame, and that amount is A LOT more than zero percent, but it's also a lot less than 50.

At what point to we hold people responsible for their actions and have the ability to call them out for poor decisions?  Seems here that anyone who's critical of DJ's behavior is being attacked for acting superior which is pretty sad.  We're all vulnerable to moments of weakness, some succumb, some don't.  It's not a matter of superiority it's a matter of making good and bad decisions.  Unless someone forced DJ to snort coke, he made a decision to do so multiple times before he became addicted.  Why is anyone here a "bad" or insensitive person for pointing out he made bad choices and should be penalized for them?

Overall I wish nothing but the best for DJ, he's never done anything wrong to me and overall I gain nothing personally from his failure as a golfer or a man.  That said, why do we feel compassion and sympathy for some, but not others.  When Tiger claimed to be addicted to sex I didn't see the outpouring of support and people jump to his defense that addiction is a disease.   Daly is a walking addiction, but I don't read posts from many people here throwing him a pity party.

I believe people need to be held accountable, once they truly accept accountability for their actions, they also need to be forgiven.  To date DJ has done what he had to because he failed a drug test, let's see how he handles himself going forward.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Agree with the second half, disagree with the first half.  It's most definitely not 50/50.  As far as he knows, they are considering getting separated, or simply on the rocks, or who knows what.

"The other man/woman" certainly deserves some blame, and that amount is A LOT more than zero percent, but it's also a lot less than 50.

I don't know if I agree with that, if you know someone is married, regardless of the state of the marriage *short of actually being separated and living apart* it's equally both people that are to blame.

At what point to we hold people responsible for their actions and have the ability to call them out for poor decisions?  Seems here that anyone who's critical of DJ's behavior is being attacked for acting superior which is pretty sad.  We're all vulnerable to moments of weakness, some succumb, some don't.  It's not a matter of superiority it's a matter of making good and bad decisions.  Unless someone forced DJ to snort coke, he made a decision to do so multiple times before he became addicted.  Why is anyone here a "bad" or insensitive person for pointing out he made bad choices and should be penalized for them?

Overall I wish nothing but the best for DJ, he's never done anything wrong to me and overall I gain nothing personally from his failure as a golfer or a man.  That said, why do we feel compassion and sympathy for some, but not others.  When Tiger claimed to be addicted to sex I didn't see the outpouring of support and people jump to his defense that addiction is a disease.   Daly is a walking addiction, but I don't read posts from many people here throwing him a pity party.

I believe people need to be held accountable, once they truly accept accountability for their actions, they also need to be forgiven.  To date DJ has done what he had to because he failed a drug test, let's see how he handles himself going forward.

Just want to point out that's not a true statement. Coke is one of those drugs that people can become instantly addicted to after only using it once. That doesn't change the fact that he made the initial dumb decision to do it the first time.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

First off, I don't think anybody is being attacked.  There's a lot of discussion and disagreement, but I scanned up the page and didn't find any attacks.

For me, it all boils down to one thing.  And that one thing is, basically, my "religion."  Technically, if somebody forced me to state my official religion, I'd probably have to go with agnostic.  However, my personal and unofficial "religion" is simply the Golden Rule.  That's all it is.  (Perhaps with a little Bobby McFerrin thrown in for good measure. :-D )  So when situations like this arise, I ask myself, how would I feel if I was in his position?  How would I want people to look at me?  There is no way I can say definitively (what a coincidence - same reason I'd say agnostic and not atheist ;)) that I would never be in a position like that, or something similar, so I assume that it could happen.  And if it did, how would I want to be treated?

Those of us who sympathize with DJ or who are rooting for him are not saying he shouldn't be penalized for making bad choices, but rather, we are recognizing that he is already being penalized for those bad choices, so why do we need to pile on?

A couple of reasons.  As far as JD goes, I think that it's simply because he's not currently relevant.  I would imagine that a lot of the same people that are wishing DJ well would also wish JD well (I would, I wish everybody well) but its just not relevant.  Just like this DJ story won't be either after a period of time.

As far as Tiger goes, all I can say is that I don't know anything about sex addiction.  (I always thought that was just a fancy term for saying "a man")  You've forced me to look it up, and according to wikipedia (I know, I know) it states that the US medical consensus is that "there was 'insufficient peer-reviewed evidence to establish the diagnostic criteria and course descriptions needed to identify these behaviors as mental disorders'" So you can't really lump sex addiction in with alcoholism (and despite your best afforts, you can't lump cheating in baseball in there either) because it's not really considered a disease from what I can tell.

Don't disagree with any of this.

• Upvote 1

[quote name="Jeremie Boop" url="/t/76216/dustin-johnson-taking-a-leave-of-absence-from-tour-suspended-for-cocaine-use/342#post_1032685"]I don't know if I agree with that, if you know someone is married, regardless of the state of the marriage *short of actually being separated and living apart* it's equally both people that are to blame.  Just want to point out that's not a true statement. Coke is one of those drugs that people can become instantly addicted to after only using it once. That doesn't change the fact that he made the initial dumb decision to do it the first time. [/quote] Sorry I had to post this and be warned of the language before clicking play. If this is how DJ became addicted then he has my sympathy. [VIDEO] [/VIDEO]

• Upvote 1

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

First off, I don't think anybody is being attacked.  There's a lot of discussion and disagreement, but I scanned up the page and didn't find any attacks.

For me, it all boils down to one thing.  And that one thing is, basically, my "religion."  Technically, if somebody forced me to state my official religion, I'd probably have to go with agnostic.  However, my personal and unofficial "religion" is simply the Golden Rule.  That's all it is.  (Perhaps with a little Bobby McFerrin thrown in for good measure.)  So when situations like this arise, I ask myself, how would I feel if I was in his position?  How would I want people to look at me?  There is no way I can say definitively (what a coincidence - same reason I'd say agnostic and not atheist ;)) that I would never be in a position like that, or something similar, so I assume that it could happen.  And if it did, how would I want to be treated?

Those of us who sympathize with DJ or who are rooting for him are not saying he shouldn't be penalized for making bad choices, but rather, we are recognizing that he is already being penalized for those bad choices, so why do we need to pile on?

I am of the same religion and agree with everything you said.  I don't have a need to pile on and I do sympathize with DJ just as I do with the dumb dad who helped his son over the fence to pet a tiger and resulted in the child losing his hand and arm.  Both have to live with the results of their poor decisions but at some point a lesson is there to be learned and if we dilute the message it's likely others will follow their same mistakes.

I guess I'm a bit more vocal for calling them out for their poor choices than maybe you choose to be but my reason is I don't want a kid reading this thinking that while it might suck that DJ got caught using coke no one thinks it's that big a deal and is still being really nice to him.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Clarification about DJ suspension -- is he for sure able to return in 6 months to the tour?

Technically he's taking a leave of absence

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/pga-tour-d-johnson-not-under-suspension/

“With regard to media reports that Dustin Johnson has been suspended by the PGA Tour,” the statement read, “this is to clarify that Mr. Johnson has taken a voluntary leave of absence and is not under a suspension from the PGA Tour.”

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Technically he's taking a leave of absence  [URL=http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/pga-tour-d-johnson-not-under-suspension/]http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/pga-tour-d-johnson-not-under-suspension/[/URL]

You say tomato, I say tomauto...... ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Technically he's taking a leave of absence  [URL=http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/pga-tour-d-johnson-not-under-suspension/]http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/pga-tour-d-johnson-not-under-suspension/[/URL]

I guess I can give him a little slack. He did the right thing suspending himself, then.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3380 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!